Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 307 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #4591
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Talk about heavy duty!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!

image-3469262050.jpg   image-3862242791.jpg  
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #4592
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Chris - Yup, sounds good. 9 full threads with the jam nut tight. That should get her pretty dang close. Oh, yeah haha, threads on the axle side thanks for all the help and tips! Ill keep y'all posted tonight. I might take it in for an alignment at some point too.

Larry - oh yeah man, Moog is awesome stuff!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #4593
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Chris - Yup, sounds good. 9 full threads with the jam nut tight. That should get her pretty dang close. Oh, yeah haha, threads on the axle side thanks for all the help and tips! Ill keep y'all posted tonight. I might take it in for an alignment at some point too.

Larry - oh yeah man, Moog is awesome stuff!
I can wait to order all new stuff! My a arm bushings in the rear I think are bad : / crap!!!!!

Unread 07-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #4594
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryftmfw

I can wait to order all new stuff! My a arm bushings in the rear I think are bad : / crap!!!!!
For you since you are lifted sky high. I'd recommend the IRO adjustable a-arm for you. That'd be the best way to go for you.

For me. Since I'm at about 2.5 lift in the rear. I think ill just go with a whole new mopar arm and mopar ball joint all installed for me for 300 bucks. By the time I do the IRO arm for me it'll be near 400 bucks.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #4595
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:

For you since you are lifted sky high. I'd recommend the IRO adjustable a-arm for you. That'd be the best way to go for you.

For me. Since I'm at about 2.5 lift in the rear. I think ill just go with a whole new mopar arm and mopar ball joint all installed for me for 300 bucks. By the time I do the IRO arm for me it'll be near 400 bucks.
Wow that's expensive! Lol I'll look into the adj one thanks!

Unread 07-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #4596
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yup, it sucks, but the IRO arm is a great arm for lifts. Mopar arm will work for me. It should still be able to handle 2.5 inches of lift.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #4597
techRob
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post

IRO a-arm is $300 and works for 2.5". why would you waste money on another OEM a-arm only to install the IRO later?
techRob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #4598
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by techRob
IRO a-arm is $300 and works for 2.5". why would you waste money on another OEM a-arm only to install the IRO later?
Because I can get the OEM a arm with a new ball joint installed and done for 300.

It'd cost me 300 + 50 shipping + 50 install for the IRO arm for me.

I'm not sure what ill do yet, if I do install the OEM one, I won't do the IRO one down the road.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #4599
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

I might just go with bushing for now since I have the a-arm spacer that came with my lift

Unread 07-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #4600
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

You could just throw on some rear long arms and skip doing it in stages...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #4601
techRob
2000 WJ 

why not install it yourself? that's half the fun.
techRob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #4602
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryftmfw
I might just go with bushing for now since I have the a-arm spacer that came with my lift
Don't get the Omix-Ada bushings. Get mopar bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager
You could just throw on some rear long arms and skip doing it in stages...
Going to need some more lift to do long arms. I want to keep it at 2.5 inches for now. Maybe one day do 6.5 inch of 35's and 4.56 gears haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by techRob
why not install it yourself? that's half the fun.
Way to lazy to do the rear a-arm, that thing is a bit** or at least can be. I don't have the tools for it either. Or a way to get it out if its stuck. Its worth it for 50 bucks man. Haha

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #4603
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

So what's the deal with the bolt on the frame side? I can't find a metric or standard size socket to fit. Its like rounded off??? Wth

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #4604
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Figure it out. Lol. That was a dummy move.

JKS is in and torqued to ~75 ft pounds.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #4605
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Figure it out. Lol. That was a dummy move.

JKS is in and torqued to ~75 ft pounds.
How's it fit? I would love rear long arms since the kit for it replaces that pos a arm set up! But I don't have the $1,000 lying around lol.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.