Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 305 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #4561
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Have you had issues with your JKS? All of this mess about the sh** bushings is why I didnt put it on in the first place. I seriously just want to throw the thing away. I am going to put it on and see what happens. If there is slop, one of two things will happen. Ill get the KOR bushings, or get an IRO track bar.
I liked the jks but sold it to keep my iro trac bar

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!

Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #4562
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

If the JKS doesnt work. I am going IRO. Not before leaving the JKS company some words of mine.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #4563
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
If the JKS doesnt work. I am going IRO. Not before leaving the JKS company some words of mine.
I'm not to happy either, I torqued and used lock tight on the hardware for my quick disconnects and after 2 weeks it all fell apart, the clips broke too. It's going to cost me about 40$ to get the new hardware I need

Unread 07-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #4564
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Were those the JKS Quick disco's?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #4565
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Were those the JKS Quick disco's?
They were

Unread 07-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #4566
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Okay. I don't know what to do about it. Ill just give the JKS a try and see what happens.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #4567
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager
I just got around to counting threads and measuring the track bar. With the jam nut tightened, I have 9 full threads showing from the bottom of the track bar. Also, I'm at 32 & 5/8" from eye to eye. That should get you pretty close!
57 pages ago on mobile. Bringing it back to the front for reference soon.

Chris, did you order KOR bushings?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #4568
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well, the JKS bar was a no go for tonight. Was able to get the axle side bolt out. But could not get the frame side to budge. I need a cheater bar for my ratchet as I could not get my torque wrench up there because of the pitman arm. Ideas?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #4569
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

I got my torque wrench up there but put it above the pitman arm and pulled down
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #4570
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Problem was that I couldn't get in there because I was running an 18 mm deep well socket to a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter then to the torque wrench. I don't have a 18 mm deep well 1/2 socket.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #4571
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Ahh that's a different problem. Go borrow one from one of your friends if they got, if not, it's time to invest in one
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #4572
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah that was the issue. I think it would have fit if the reducer was out of the equation. Just another added frustration with lifting.

I went out and drove it around the block after putting that axle side bolt in, felt even shakier then before... great. Also I moved the steering wheel while the axle side TB bolt was out, and now the steering wheel is off center when I put the stock bar back. I did not know that would happen?

Oh, a note on the axle side bolt, it is two different diameters. Near the head of the bolt it is a little thicker and closer to the the threads, a little smaller in diameter. I stuck it in the JKS sleeve and could tell that that was contributing to the movement in the sleeve. Or maybe because it was not tight? But I thought that to be a interesting thing to point out.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #4573
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

When you moved the steering wheel you probably shifted the axle a smudge throwing it out of alignment slightly
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #4574
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

But I thought that the same length TB wouldn't do that? I was expecting a change if I had put a different length TB in (aka the JKS). But, I thought even if it did shift, the stock TB would bring it back to where it was?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #4575
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
But I thought that the same length TB wouldn't do that? I was expecting a change if I had put a different length TB in (aka the JKS). But, I thought even if it did shift, the stock TB would bring it back to where it was?
Hmm strange maybe your bushings shifted?

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.