Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 302 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #4516
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Report back to us! Interested to know what they will tell you.

Wonder if any of the 3K I spent on my audio system will be covered?
I sure will

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!

Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #4517
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Made it to Pittsburgh today. Trip went well, just was different getting used to the Jeep. Getting used to the steering wheel move more with some of the bumps because it is tighter. With the springs, shocks, new stiff tie rod ends, higher center of gravity, crappy shocks in the back still. The shocks being to short in the back make the back jump/hop around. (Also I wound not doubt that my lose a** a-arm is not helping, there is so much play, id bet it doesnt help with tracking straight). Its all making it drive different, not bad, but different. Then when I get rear 5100s, and a new a-arm, ill bet that will help.

By the time Matt told me it was all in my head and I was able to calm down and just get used to it. By the end of the trip I had gotten used to it more.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #4518
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Ordered a Wix Paper filter today of amazon for 17 bucks, free shipping.

Also, I think that hunk of grease that fell on the rim is causing a tiny bit of vibration, probably should wipe that off haha.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #4519
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

You're such an auto-chondriac.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #4520
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Man, you have no idea. I get the worrying from my mom.... *sigh* Plus, the whole entire Rubicon DW situation has scared me too...

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #4521
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Are you sure the vibes are from the grease? It could be an aerodynamic effect from the nick in the paint from the hailstorm.

Valve cap fell off! Ohhhhhh the vibes!

Tire pressure 1 psi low! Ohhhh the tire wear, I can feel it!
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #4522
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Who knows haha. But the reason I went off about the hail was because the way it was blowing onto the windows at first, sounded much worse then it was.

I wish I could just drive it and try to to worry about it so much. I just cant shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen. Its 99% in my head.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #4523
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

This time, this 1%, it is not in my head. I got my brother to get in the Jeep and turn the wheel back and forth, no movement in the tie rods. BUT, there was some movement in the track bar bushings.... CRAPPPP. Looks like Ill be putting the JKS bar and kill two birds with one stone. Align the axle and hopefully the JKS bushings will work with out being too soft.

Guess the track bar explains, the noise I am hearing, why there is some slop in the steering, why there is a wobble over speed bumps while going slow.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #4524
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

What do you have the trackbar bolts torqued to? I know I had to tighten mine some to meet specs. They'll loosen up on you a bit a well, seemingly. Or at least they can. It sounds like all the little, niggling issues you're having are issues that come with lifting a Jeep. It's not going to ever drive the same again, and the idea it'll be nicer than factory isn't going to happen. With the OME and Bilsteins my Jeep was waaay different. Not bad, but also not quite as comfy. It did corner better, surprisingly, and took uneven roads and drastically wavy pavement a lot better. There are some mountain roads in Colorado where they just put up a sign saying "Road Damage" where as you have like 2 seconds to slow to a crawl from 30mph+ before it goes all wonky. Those really put the lift to the test, and my Jeep went over such obstacles a lot better than the stock suspension. I'm just trying to say don't ever expect all these little idiosyncrasies to go away. They're par for the course when altering a vehicle. Most everything is pretty darn good about your Jeep. So try to sit back and enjoy it a little. It's one of those times where your issues are small. Rare as those seem to be with our Jeeps. Now you can work on ironing them out at your leisure.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #4525
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Thanks man, for trying to keep my head from unscrewing and falling off completely. I am still running the stock track bar at the moment, that's why I was wondering why they are a little loose. Wonder if I can torque down the stock bolts some more? Its not very bad amount of movement but I could see it move a little back and forth when I had someone turning the wheel.

I am still getting used to the steering wheel moving some more with the bumps because of the tighter suspension. Then like I had said, that little wobble in the front that I can feel at real slow speeds is because of the track bar.

You are right, there are still small things to be ironed out. Still need the rear shocks, need the a arm replaced, looks like I need the track bar replaced with the JKS. Then all of that should iron out the kinks.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #4526
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Also look into the IRO track bar. I almost like their design better with the double-jam nut on the adjuster threads, plus the low cost of replacement bushings (plus people never complain about IRO bushings being too soft). Price is the same between them.
Unread 07-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #4527
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well here are the options:
1. Put in the JKS bar, deal with the bushings.
2. Get a FIXED IRO track bar for a 2-3 inch lift and just not have to worry about adjusting. I really do not intend on any more lift. Bushings supposed to be better? Cheaper to replace.
3. Adjustable IRO track bar...

In the mean time. Can I tighten the stock track bar bolts more, right now to attempt to help take out some play for the time being while I'm away from home?

Opinions?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #4528
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Did you loosen the track bar bolts and retorque them after the lift was installed?
Unread 07-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #4529
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1
Did you loosen the track bar bolts and retorque them after the lift was installed?
No. I didnt have a chance to. :/ The way work feel, power outage, crazy heat. Think that ruined them?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #4530
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yup. Or at least, gave aged parts the chance to fail by preloading them at your new ride height. All your arms supported by rubber bushing need to be loosened, cycled, and retorqued in their new position for current ride height. Loosen control arms, bounce the suspension, and retighten. This will keep your bushings alive.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.