Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 298 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #4456
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Adding that along with my, Overland, Freedom, v8 h.o., quadra drive, and now a hybrid badge.
Does that represent all the things that you don't have?

billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #4457
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1

Does that represent all the things that you don't have?
Hehehehe exactly. I scraped off a QD and V8 badge of a JY WJ. I have them but wouldnt put them on because I dont actually have those dont want to be a poser. I bought the hybrid logo out of impulse. I got the wrong one, it was supposed to have that Tahoe Hybrid decal and also say "Not a Hybrid, 11 MPG"

I do have an aspect of the Freedom edition, being the roof rails, but thats it. Then the silver trim on the bumper is from the 04 limiteds lol.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #4458
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Lol what? 0-60 in a WJ, while in 4-LOW?!?!

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #4459
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yup, that sounds like a great idea.
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #4460
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah, I thought so too *rolls eyes*

Man, I feel like stopping on it in 4-Low would bust a drive shaft or something. It was actually slower then I thought it would be.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #4461
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

For mine to ever speed up that fast, I'd have to have someone pulling me.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #4462
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I really want to try this now. Even though it's a terrible idea.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #4463
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Few things. I attempted to grease the tie rod ends, most pumped grease in without an issue. The two outers, the gun clicked on the fitting and then mostly over flowed out the fitting, am I doing it wrong? Maybe because of the angle with the rim. The pitman arm tie rod was easy, i was able to make the boot ooze a little grease. I took the stuff that grease that overflowed out of the fittings and rubbed it on the threads of the tie rods, figured that wouldnt hurt anything. I guess the Moog TRE's came with some grease in them already? I would think they did. The bushings are pretty smashed down now that the tie rods are bolted tight on there. So its not like they would hold a whole ton of grease?

Second, took the jeep up to 85-90 and set it on cruise for about 5-8 miles at that speed and I was impressed with the ride and the steering. A lot less movement in the wheel can make a correction. Felt stable with the springs/shocks/sways etc.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #4464
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

The low-end grunt in 1st is great but beyond that you have diminishing returns... the effective gear ratio becomes the same as speed increases.... you are just two-three gears higher in the transmission to get there. For instance - 2nd gear in high is about the same as 4th is in 4Lo. Around 60 both will behave about the same. Plus all that extra time spent shifting means slower ET.
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #4465
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

The gun might not have been clicked all the way down on the Zerk. Or the ball valve in the Zerk fitting is stuck, but I wouldn't expect that problem on a brand new part. They are shipped with grease but it doesn't hurt to add more.
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #4466
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
The gun might not have been clicked all the way down on the Zerk. Or the ball valve in the Zerk fitting is stuck, but I wouldn't expect that problem on a brand new part. They are shipped with grease but it doesn't hurt to add more.
Thats what I was thinking, just did not have it on all the way. Is it okay for the bushing to ooze grease, a sign its full?

Ill take a needle and make sure the little ball will move, but like you said it is brand new and should be fine. I think it was the angle the hose was at because it was tight between zerk fitting and the rim.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #4467
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
The low-end grunt in 1st is great but beyond that you have diminishing returns... the effective gear ratio becomes the same as speed increases.... you are just two-three gears higher in the transmission to get there. For instance - 2nd gear in high is about the same as 4th is in 4Lo. Around 60 both will behave about the same. Plus all that extra time spent shifting means slower ET.
Make sense, you could see him basically bounce the rev on 1st through 3rd basically back to back.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #4468
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Thats what I was thinking, just did not have it on all the way. Is it okay for the bushing to ooze grease, a sign its full?

Ill take a needle and make sure the little ball will move, but like you said it is brand new and should be fine. I think it was the angle the hose was at because it was tight between zerk fitting and the rim.
Yeah, that's how you do it. And stop calling it a bushing! It's a boot.
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #4469
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

Yeah, that's how you do it. And stop calling it a bushing! It's a boot.
Gotcha, thanks. Will give that another try tomorrow. Calling it a day for... today haha.

You know i was saying boot in my head, yet bushing was coming out onto the screen? Dunno.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #4470
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Gotcha, thanks. Will give that another try tomorrow. Calling it a day for... today haha.

You know i was saying boot in my head, yet bushing was coming out onto the screen? Dunno.
I heard overfilling can be bad, something about tearing the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.