Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 280 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #4186
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Bummer. They were so cheap. Kevins bushings are what? 70 dollars?
If its going into a jks track bar it's about 100$

Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #4187
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Have you installed the Moog stuff yet? If not, I'd like a special request - side-by-side comparisons of stock and Moog tie rod and drag link. Looking for comparisons of OD and wall thickness. Even a comparison of scale weight would help.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #4188
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1
Have you installed the Moog stuff yet? If not, I'd like a special request - side-by-side comparisons of stock and Moog tie rod and drag link. Looking for comparisons of OD and wall thickness. Even a comparison of scale weight would help.
Have not installed yet. Tell me exactly what you want and ill do the best i can to get what you would like. Im actually pretty curious too now that i think of it. I dont think it will get put in until the following weekend though. But yeah, all the specific questions that you would like.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #4189
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Little Outer Banks Trip.
forumrunner_20120610_211816.jpg   forumrunner_20120610_211821.jpg  
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #4190
Bretthn
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Little Outer Banks Trip.
Did you test the Jeep's capabilities in any of the deep loose sand? I am headed to the Outer Banks in 2 weeks. I bet it was fun driving on the beach, that is what I am most looking forward to.
Unread 06-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #4191
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

OBX Trip Recap

Response how the Jeep did in the sand: I was in some very loose sand today and... the Jeep did not do so well, because the tires were at about 36 PSI! If I would have aired down to about 18 to 20 PSI, sometimes lower. (I do not go lower then 15) It would have had NO problem in the loose sand! I have been aired down and in the soft stuff and it was fine. Airing down and not flooring it in the soft sand and you will be fine. Have to be real gentle on the throttle so you dont spin and sink down. Since I have the 4.0, when I am lugging around in the soft stuff and I feel It bogging down and struggling, I will dump it in 4-Low and it won't have an issue at all. When I am chugging along at around 10 mph and in soft sand. 4-Low is just WAY easier on the engine. In the hard/packed sand. 4-High is just fine on the hard sand when you go faster. (and so it highway pressure, on the hard sand, found that one out today too). Plus I have open axles, if you have Quadra-Drive you will be in awesome shape.

So, when aired down in the soft sand, should have NO problems.

Get this too, my friend and I were leaving the beach and we literally saw a family in a Nissan Altima try to drive on the beach and IMMEDIATELY got stuck. I just do not know what people were thinking. I did not have any recovery gear on me (shame on me, I know) But, there was a guy in a diesel who got them out. Fortunately for them there were lots of people out to help. No pictures

Also, I think I was having some issues with my 4wd, I am not sure. I heard some odd and loud clunk/thunk from around the transfer case area. My front drive shaft has not grenaded on me yet. There was not any grease flying out. But need to keep the double cardon swap in my mind.

Lastly, I do not know who all knows this so I will go ahead and share this with everyone. There are now sections of the OBX that are closed to ORVs because they are trying to preserve the wildlife there. Now, up in Corolla there were not any restrictions that I could see about driving on there. One, because there were tons of people on the beach (driving) up there. Secondly, because people live up there and the only way to get to those houses are via the beach. The road literally ends and you have to drive on the beach. (I think it is really cool) Now, down around Oregon Inlet (Ramp 4 Specifically) there was a new sign that said "Warning: Beach Access Pass Required" or something along those lines. Here is a link to more information OBX ORV Rules I was right in that there is no restriction up in Corolla but there are TONS of restrictions from Oregon Inlet down to Hatteras and even further South and then also requires that ORV Pass that is 50 a week or 120 for the year. When you click that link there is a another link for a Google Earth Interactive Map and download that and check that out. It will show you what is open/closed/restricted. Hope this helps.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #4192
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Have not installed yet. Tell me exactly what you want and ill do the best i can to get what you would like.
Just a few side-by-side photos, perhaps a measurement of outside diameter and wall thickness. I am debating on replacing my drag link with a Moog when the time comes for my TREs. I have zero rust and smooth thread engagement, no need to replace. But if it's going to give an increase in rigidity (like the JKS TR did), I will be all over it, especially for only $30.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #4193
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1

Just a few side-by-side photos, perhaps a measurement of outside diameter and wall thickness. I am debating on replacing my drag link with a Moog when the time comes for my TREs. I have zero rust and smooth thread engagement, no need to replace. But if it's going to give an increase in rigidity (like the JKS TR did), I will be all over it, especially for only $30.
Alright man, will do.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #4194
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Jeep took some hits from a crap load of bugs last night coming back from the beach.
forumrunner_20120611_114957.jpg  

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #4195
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I have brought this up before and here it comes again.

I am looking for the best bang for the buck on these parts:

Engine Mounts (x2) and Transmission Mounts - from the dealer at my Mechanic's price: 300 for parts and 100 bucks to install it

A-Arm (whole entire new a-arm with body side bushings already in it) and Ball joint - same as above: 350 for the parts and 100 bucks for the install. (Which for as much as a PIA the a-arm is, I will take it for 100 bucks)

I know these prices can be beat, but I was wondering how much I should stray from dealer parts which SHOULD be higher quality. Opinions on after-market brands/parts? the IRO a-arm would be a cool option too.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #4196
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Engine Mounts (x2) and Transmission Mounts - from the dealer at my Mechanic's price: 300 for parts and 100 bucks to install it

A-Arm (whole entire new a-arm with body side bushings already in it) and Ball joint - same as above: 350 for the parts and 100 bucks for the install. (Which for as much as a PIA the a-arm is, I will take it for 100 bucks)

I know these prices can be beat, but I was wondering how much I should stray from dealer parts which SHOULD be higher quality. Opinions on after-market brands/parts? the IRO a-arm would be a cool option too.
Replace stock arm with Iro...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #4197
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Replace stock arm with Iro...
I just checked the IRO site out and the adjustable a-arm is 300 dollars... I thought it was 200...

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #4198
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I just checked the IRO site out and the adjustable a-arm is 300 dollars... I thought it was 200...
$450 for a new stock A-arm, installed....pricey.

The IRO A-rm is much easier to install and the stock one isnt that difficult to remove...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #4199
Kolak
Vendor

The motor and trans mounts from Crown are excellent quality and are half the price of the factory ones. PM me if you'd like a set

Quote:

kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #4200
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Have you tried moog coil isolators vs crown? http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...w/eb6b8c50.mp4
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.