Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 277 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #4141
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah pulling the valve cover is mad easy but if it makes you feel uncomfortable let your mechanic do it. He charges you more than $40 or $50 though and we're taking up the JF torches and pitchforks.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #4142
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
"I think I will have my mechanic pull the valve cover and see if there is anything visually wrong." WTF? You can do this yourself!
If my mom saw me doing that, she might literally s*** a brick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Is he on retainer...your mechanic?
Not sure what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Yeah pulling the valve cover is mad easy but if it makes you feel uncomfortable let your mechanic do it. He charges you more than $40 or $50 though and we're taking up the JF torches and pitchforks.
I will go over to his house and him and I can pull it and check it out. He is a friend who is a Jeep mechanic. Nice dude.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #4143
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Updates on parts:
- Bilstien 5100's will be here tomorrow
- 4 Moog TRE's will be here Thursday
- 2 Moog Adjusting Sleeves will be here Thursday
- Stillen Rotors and Metal Matrix Pads will be here by the end of next week. Got an awesome deal on the set.

I will put the shocks on tomorrow if I have time or on Thursday. Having my mechanic do all the TRE's and Brakes, then he will also have it aligned. I could do it myself but my Mom, ughhhh, said to have him do it all and she would pay for it. So.... yeah.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #4144
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Awwww well since you're buying new sleeves the TREs would be SOOOO easy. And the brakes too! Ahh well when the 'rents offer to pay might as well take em up on the offer

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #4145
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Chris, thank you so much for explaining all of this! It all makes a lot more sense now with all that explained. So the camshaft is actually not where i thought it was. So it would be on the left side of the engine, facing from the front and about the middle of it height wise. Which now makes more sense because the timing chain goes over to where the cam shaft is. Then in the end, ive learned more about my straight six by putting more pieces together.
You are correct. Passenger side, midway down the engine in the block, not the head. The camshaft is behind the larger pulley.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #4146
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager

You are correct. Passenger side, midway down the engine in the block, not the head. The camshaft is behind the larger pulley.
Well i think i go it now.

So are v8's overhead cams?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #4147
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
Awwww well since you're buying new sleeves the TREs would be SOOOO easy. And the brakes too! Ahh well when the 'rents offer to pay might as well take em up on the offer

Yeah. Just gonna let him do it. Cause mom said so. No point in arguing

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #4148
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Bilsteins came in today for the front. So excited.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #4149
robd2003
2002 WJ 

How much they run you for all 4 and which ones you get?
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #4150
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Well i think i go it now.

So are v8's overhead cams?
The 4.7L Jeep ones are.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #4151
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003
How much they run you for all 4 and which ones you get?
Round about 150 shipped for the fronts. F4-BE5-E075-H0 is the model and its the 5100 series. Rears will be 5100 as well and will be 150 bucks. Ordering them when the come in. Well worth the money in my opinion.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #4152
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1

The 4.7L Jeep ones are.
Gotcha. Thanks.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #4153
robd2003
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Round about 150 shipped for the fronts. F4-BE5-E075-H0 is the model and its the 5100 series. Rears will be 5100 as well and will be 150 bucks. Ordering them when the come in. Well worth the money in my opinion.
that's not to bad
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #4154
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003

that's not to bad
Nah i dont think so either. Shoot the brakes i ordered were about half the price that the dealer wanted for stock rotors/pads (for the front)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #4155
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Got the front Bilstein's on. Man those are a lot tougher to press down compared to my old shocks! The front of the Jeep rides like a dream. I slammed the brakes for nose dive and there is about ZERO. Amazing. Down side is that the shocks gave me more lift in the front. I am right around 3 inches in the front... ugh. I took it out for a test drive and I hit some bumps and I can feel them in the steering wheel. But, I think I am worrying to much about it, I keep dreading and dreading the idea that DW is more likely now. Every bump I hit I am just on edge. Mostly because of the Rubicon and that horrific DW experience. Which is why it took me forever to lift this Jeep. The new tie rod ends should be here tomorrow and when that is all buttoned up. It should help get rid of the bumpy feel in the steering wheel. I am not sure if I would call it bump steer?? Because to my knowledge bump steer is when you hit a bump and it throws the Jeep to another direction, or literally you feel the bumps in the steering wheel. Anyways, I am going to need more lift in the rear to compensate the front. Hopefully when the rear 5100's come in, it will bring the rear up some. Also hoping that the front will settle in and come down some.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.