Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 269 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #4021
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

You gotta have protection! At all times!

billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #4022
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Could make sooooooo many jokes off that. If only the language/content filter here was the same as pirate4x4 lol.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #4023
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Hey now, its only plastic! Metal chips. Scratched plastic can be covered with bedliner! :-)

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #4024
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I could totally understand if you had limited cladding and didn't wanna chip the paint but... Laredo plastic can go through an armageddon and come out unscathed. Even if it does scratch you'll never notice it.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #4025
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Its less that i have to wash too. Also, i am still working on my 04 limited bumpers/cladding

Another note. Drag link isnt moving at all. Yes i did loosen those two things on each end of the link. Then tried to turn it. Nothing. Looks like i will have to just deal with it. And i was forcing pretty good on it. Enough to have metal scraping come off with the pipe wrench. Oh well. Everything else looks solid under there.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #4026
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Fun! At least know you need to replace it when you eventually do TREs. Unfortunately you'll be stuck with a crooked steering wheel until you do. The drag link is cheap, like $25 on Rockauto. Just do it and let it be done.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #4027
robd2003
2002 WJ 

Spray some PB blaster on it let soak for a while, spray again; repeat till next weekend. Then use pipe wrench. Also try and go both ways with the adjuster sleeve. Typically will free it up.
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #4028
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

If I do new tie rods, going moog on all 4 ends and will pick up a new tie rod and drag link. Then get it aligned and steering re centered.

Ill pick some of that up the next time I go to a store. Autozone im assuming would have that?? Then will give it another shot.

Did I tell you all about my lug nuts? There where two lugs that would NOT break lose. I ended up getting one JAMMED in my socket.
forumrunner_20120519_140751.jpg  

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #4029
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Socket in a vice, screw driver through the socket and against the lug nut, hammer against the screw driver. The screw driver may damage the lug nut covering but its probably damaged already looking at the way its stuck...

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #4030
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah I had a screw driver in there and banging it on the ground trying to get it out. That was not enough, you are right, I am going to need something more to get it out. Such as getting it a vise and hammering it out. Thankfully I have a handful of extra lugs. I need to just bite the bullet and order those American Muscle Lugs that are solid. The cap broke and slipped and I am pretty sure that is how it got all jammed up in there.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #4031
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

I just ordered all new moog tie rod ends and adjusting sleeves for the tie rod and drag link. $203 shipped. I also got a new tensioner. Rock auto has the best prices, but i think autozone/advance price matches.
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #4032
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Yeah I had a screw driver in there and banging it on the ground trying to get it out. That was not enough, you are right, I am going to need something more to get it out. Such as getting it a vise and hammering it out. Thankfully I have a handful of extra lugs. I need to just bite the bullet and order those American Muscle Lugs that are solid. The cap broke and slipped and I am pretty sure that is how it got all jammed up in there.
Have you tried tightening it back on until the socket broke loose. Once it pops, you could switch to the next size down to remove it again.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #4033
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager

Have you tried tightening it back on until the socket broke loose. Once it pops, you could switch to the next size down to remove it again.
I have not tried that. Was afraid i was going to manage to break a stud lol.

But that is the correct size socket.... 19 mm.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #4034
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

If the cap popped off, it'll be an 18 I believe...

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #4035
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager
If the cap popped off, it'll be an 18 I believe...
Sorry, lol more detail. The cap, AND lug are stuck in there hahahaha.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.