Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 266 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #3976
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
That is a good idea! I dont have a welder, need to find someone who does and possibly learn how to weld. The top half of the one perch was gone but the bottom half was still pretty decent but, do not trust it.

FB me about the shocks. I am considering all options right now.
my spring perch on the driver side is all rotted out as well but i got "lucky" and i still had one side holding the perch or nipple or whatever you wanna call it so i sprayed some rust preventer on there and wrapped it up with electrical tape ...kinda ghetto but it will pass until i can fix it ...hopefully

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #3977
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
my spring perch on the driver side is all rotted out as well but i got "lucky" and i still had one side holding the perch or nipple or whatever you wanna call it so i sprayed some rust preventer on there and wrapped it up with electrical tape ...kinda ghetto but it will pass until i can fix it ...hopefully

just found this write up ...i would probably cut the tube short so you dont have to cut up the isolators

http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/showthread.php?t=2274

Unread 05-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #3978
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I was pretty pissed off when I saw how bad it was. But, the bottom half of the perch was not all that bad. Meaning it still had structural integrity. And isnt going to "slip" off without some serious force off the road. Still need to keep it in mind. Going to talk to some friends/mechanics that I have and see what he says. I sent him that picture of it and I said sarcastically, "Is this bad?" and the conversation ensued. He wanted too see it in person and try to figure out what else to do. I will tell him about cutting it off and welding in a new section of steel pipe that is the same size.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #3979
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
just found this write up ...i would probably cut the tube short so you dont have to cut up the isolators

http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/showthread.php?t=2274
That looks like a pretty good option there and fairly simple process. I was considering using this as an excuse to get a Dana 30 with a vari-lock in it. But that is also a lot of effort. Do you have any pictures of yours?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #3980
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Dana 30? Why not a 44a?

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #3981
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
That looks like a pretty good option there and fairly simple process. I was considering using this as an excuse to get a Dana 30 with a vari-lock in it. But that is also a lot of effort. Do you have any pictures of yours?
never snapped a pic ...i was more worried about temp fixing it

Unread 05-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #3982
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager
Dana 30? Why not a 44a?
The bad perches are on the front axle. Which is a Dana 30.

The rears were the Dana 35c and 44a

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #3983
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Ahh my bad. Just got home from band practice. Long night! I clearly didn't pay enough attention in the earlier posts.

I'm on my phone so I can't see where you are located... My memory tells me you are too far away for me to lend you a hand?

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #3984
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Ahh my bad. Just got home from band practice. Long night! I clearly didn't pay enough attention in the earlier posts.

I'm on my phone so I can't see where you are located... My memory tells me you are too far away for me to lend you a hand?
Nahhhh its all good man.

Band eh? I was in the band too. And I am in Chesapeake Va

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #3985
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

VA huh? Only 16ish hours away! Haha. Damn. I'd have been glad to throw a weld or two down for ya.

Band - been pushing hard for two years. A good friend, my twin brother, and I started it back when. We play almost twice a weekend and are starting to travel. Right now we do smaller bars and short trips up to an hour and 15 here and there. I think our biggest crowd was around 2,000 people for an MMA American hero fight night. I'm getting married in a few weeks so am gracefully bowing out and taking over managing/booking. I'm hoping to set a small tour up for the 'new band' soon about 3-4 hours away out in Missouri. Check us out if you have a free minute or two - www.LeavingAshland.com. I think most of the videos are older stuff but it still shows our harmonies and such. It's been a lot of fun and I'm pretty excited about how far we've gone in such a short amount of time. I'm sure gonna miss it.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #3986
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Looks like it would be a little bit of a drive over to my house. I wish you were closer too! Would have been nice to have someone i know local who can weld!

Ohh that type of band, i was in band in middle/high school etc. Least i can play a few insturments and read music. But that is pretty cool man. I wish check that out when i get off mobile.

Edit: very cool site man.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #3987
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

So the front axle was off centered as expected about an inch or so. Will this be okay for a week or two until I get my jks bar on?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #3988
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Looks like it would be a little bit of a drive over to my house. I wish you were closer too! Would have been nice to have someone i know local who can weld!

Ohh that type of band, i was in band in middle/high school etc. Least i can play a few insturments and read music. But that is pretty cool man. I wish check that out when i get off mobile.

Edit: very cool site man.
Haha yeah that type of band. I'm a little to old for 'the band'! And thanks!

Quote:
So the front axle was off centered as expected about an inch or so. Will this be okay for a week or two until I get my jks bar on?
You should be fine being off centered for a short amount of time.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #3989
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Haha yeah that type of band. I'm a little to old for 'the band'! And thanks!

You should be fine being off centered for a short amount of time.
I wasnt sure so I thought i would ask!

Okay. Thankfully it does not destroy the two like TJ Inverted Y link setup. I may need some tips on putting in the JKS sooner before later.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #3990
cherojeep
2004 WJ 

I have this same lift, springs and bilsteins sitting in my living room. need to get other parts before i do the install.

mine is surely not as clean as yours though. nice build!!

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.