Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 261 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #3901
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

"Lash that yard waste down!" BAHAHA Sorry Billzcat but I had to laugh. "Yard waste," why not just say *****?

All this trailor talk I wish I knew the weight of my trailor. Ehh o well.

Hey comp crasher I wanted to say thanks for helping me out for my overheating problem. I should get the relay tonight and have it done tomorrow morning.

Unread 05-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #3902
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Comp: is there anyway to see the relay? Or is it completely hidden? If just take the passenger headlight and decide to do the drilling thing where do I drill?
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #3903
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
"Lash that yard waste down!" BAHAHA Sorry Billzcat but I had to laugh. "Yard waste," why not just say *****?
Mostly because of the board censoring program. That's exactly what I was thinking, just had to find a JF-friendly way to say it.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #3904
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

NVM got the location.. http://www.jeepslimited.com/index.ph...=37&Itemid=127
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #3905
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I think with the upgraded brakes I wont have an issue with what I need to do. Now, I know some rules/limitations to keep it legal too.

Also, I think I may need to check my fan relay as well. Hard to get in there with the mechanical fan being there too. I.E. can't tell if spinning with the mechanical fan going.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #3906
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
I think with the upgraded brakes I wont have an issue with what I need to do. Now, I know some rules/limitations to keep it legal too.

Also, I think I may need to check my fan relay as well. Hard to get in there with the mechanical fan being there too. I.E. can't tell if spinning with the mechanical fan going.
What brakes Are you going for?, i am looking into new brakes myself. Heard great things about the Black magic pads, also s little sceptic to drilled and slottted Rotors, lots of users reports that they Are noise and that you can feel the slotts thrue the pedal. IDK.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #3907
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
What brakes Are you going for?, i am looking into new brakes myself. Heard great things about the Black magic pads, also s little sceptic to drilled and slottted Rotors, lots of users reports that they Are noise and that you can feel the slotts thrue the pedal. IDK.
I don't know of either of those thing? Apparently with the drilled you get a "woooshhhing" type sound.

I am looking to go for Stillen Drilled front rotors and Stillen Metal Matrix Pads
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #3908
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yeah, it's sort of a grinding, grabbing feel you get through the pedal and a low-frequency hummmmm you can hear on the brakes. I found that I had pretty awful pad wear with any of the slotted, grooved, drilled, dimpled brakes and I now prefer flat faced. However I have heard nothing but good things about the Kolak Stillen brake package. Since cost is an issue I'll be trying out the Hawk LTS pads. I sold a lot of Hawk pads in the past with good feedback on them and the LTS compound is well-reviewed.
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #3909
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Is it annoying or really not that big of a deal? I believe the Stillens are ONLY drilled, no slots, dimples, etc if that makes a difference. I would like to get the Stillens because they have been raved about by so many, like you said. People wouldn't make that up.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #3910
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Its not bad. It's not as bad as say... squealing or metal-on-metal grinding. More like the sound a bad wheel bearing makes, but softer. A combination of hummmm and wooosh. Hoooossh? There's some onomatopoeia for you! Just something to be aware of.
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #3911
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

So you WILL hear them from inside when stopping? But only slightly? Onomatopoeia, I still can not spell that word (that is why I am going to be an engineer)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #3912
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yes, you will probably hear it a little and feel it in your brake pedal just slightly. Most people who use them either don't notice or don't care enough to change it.
Unread 05-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #3913
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^Thanks guys, then i Will go for the wooshy cool stilen Rotors, what pads Are the best to Go with at the stillen Rotors?
Btw, you guys Are great, thumbsup!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #3914
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I can take that trade off for the extra stopping power. I think it'd be worth it. It could sound cool! Just got to finish my Finals, get home and order this stuff!

Kolak offers the Stillen Rotors and the Metal Matrix Pads (by Stillen) as his WJ brake upgrade.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #3915
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Might as well. The Black Magic pads would be a good choice as well. I'm anxious to try out my Hawk LTS pads which are a bargain at $70/set as opposed to $125+.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.