Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 247 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #3691
robd2003
2002 WJ 

don't forget zone too

robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #3692
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh right, another company that is very good. IRO popped of my head first because of the range of products for the WJ.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #3693
robd2003
2002 WJ 

True, I was please with the ride quality of zone when I had the XJ even though it had AAL in the rear.
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #3694
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I just rode in an XJ w/ Zone 3". Not bad. Kind of trucklike. Better shocks would help. But yeah, for a 4", I'd go IRO, Zone, or Rusty's. Actually, I personally would go hybrid lift, but that turns out a lot more expensive.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #3695
wyattwj123
2000 WJ 

Its my daily driver so nothing extreme but like going in some mud holes but no rock climbing or anything lol I live in Florida but u can probably tell I'm kinda a nube I just don't know to much about lifts and all but I'm learning.. Also how can I find out what lug pattern and all I need like in terms of buying new rims and tires and where is the best place to buy rims and tires thanks
wyattwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #3696
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Well, being a DD is all the more reason you need to buy a quality kit. You'll have to live with it every day at speeds up to 80 mph for thousands upon thousands of miles. Death Wobble doesn't happen on a trail at 6 mph. It happens on the expressway.

Your other question is extremely simple, go google it. The best place to buy rims and tires is the place that has what you like at the best price. There are hundreds of wheel choices.
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #3697
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Got into a little fender bender today. Car in front of me was yielding and I turned around for a split second to look around and by the time I turned back around he had stopped. I put the brakes to floor and was chirping the tires. Then I JUST barely tapped his car. I left a tiny bolt mark in the rear bumper from my license plate and a scratch about 2 inches long. He called the police because it was a rental car and the insurance for the rental car was in his name? (That did not make sense to me...) Police came out and looked around, he came over to ask us if we were okay. Everyone was fine, because it was just a little tap. When the officer came around to look for damage he had to ask if there even was any. There really was no apparent damage. The officer was very nice and friendly, was nice enough to explain what the process was. The guy I bumped was fairly relaxed about it all. The police filled out a "Non-Reportable Crash" form because the damage was negligible and it was not put into any system. I also did not get a ticket or anything like that. Just an exchange of information. The officer said there was nothing that I needed to do. I am hoping the rental car company (Enterprise) won't even bother doing anything because the scratch that occurred could have been from a suit case. So I guess that is it really. I was so VERY fortunate that no was hurt, and there was no real damage, it could have been much worse. All that happened to the Jeep was a little bit of a bent license plate. Any thoughts to if I should do anything as precaution or advice?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #3698
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

R.I.P.
Your Insurance
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #3699
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

how bad? For something as minor as this?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #3700
wyattwj123
2000 WJ 

dude rthat sucks but atleast no one was hurt and your jeep wasnt really damaged. i went on iro site and heres a link to the luft im interested in http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW what do you think. and other then rims and tired what else do i need to install it
wyattwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #3701
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I would look into some adjustable front control arms. Any reason for new rims?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #3702
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

...and a new front driveshaft. KaPOW!
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #3703
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh yes! That too!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #3704
robd2003
2002 WJ 

If your dd is a wj you bolt patter is 5 on 5 and my opinion id get some 07 thru 12 wrangler wheels, nice clean facftory look.
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #3705
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
R.I.P.
Your Insurance
I told him the same thing. If theres any threat whatsoever of a claim get in contact with the person/rental car agency and offer to pay out of pocket... in the long run that small paint chip will cost alot less to repair than a jacked premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
If your dd is a wj you bolt patter is 5 on 5 and my opinion id get some 07 thru 12 wrangler wheels, nice clean facftory look.
I really like the JK rims, I got a set of saharas for my WJ and while they are 18s they look very natural with 32s on em... Its how the WJ shoulda come

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.