Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 223 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #3331
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

Having friends at a dealership is nice. I got my hook ups at my local offroad shop, actually my girlfriend does haha. So i get discounts there and i just had an interview today and it looks like in going to be the new service consultant for chrysler/jeep/dodge.

And yea a drain plug would make our lives 10000x easier to do the trans haha.

Unread 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #3332
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJdan View Post
Having friends at a dealership is nice. I got my hook ups at my local offroad shop, actually my girlfriend does haha. So i get discounts there and i just had an interview today and it looks like in going to be the new service consultant for chrysler/jeep/dodge.

And yea a drain plug would make our lives 10000x easier to do the trans haha.
Yeah it totally helps to know people man. Makes a huge difference sometimes. I had a 1300 dealer repair done for 700 from my friend. I just put in an application for The Home Depot. I am also looking into detailing cars at a dealership or at an auto spa. You all know that I am good at making cars look good!

I need to drill a hole in the Pan.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #3333
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

I was a detailer for a summer. Its a fun job until you get the people who bring in their trashy cars and expect them to be perfect.

Id be worried that the pan would leak haha. But tilting the pan wasn't that bad an it all made it into the catch can.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #3334
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
I was a detailer for a summer. Its a fun job until you get the people who bring in their trashy cars and expect them to be perfect.

Id be worried that the pan would leak haha. But tilting the pan wasn't that bad an it all made it into the catch can.
OMG I can imagine those people who want their POS to look like it rolled off the lot.

I am gonna just drill a hole and put some goo in there to stop it. That should be good enough!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #3335
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Speaking about walmart a page or so ago, I saw they started selling rotella in mine. Thats news to me. I think I'll still stay with my mobile 1, but thats cool for all our other toys that i no longer have to go to tractor supply.

Also brakes please... So easy. You can do them yourself. Specially since they all are disc. (I took it as you have never done them before, correct me if I'm wrong)

And out of curiosity... Why do you always go to the dealer? I know in my area a couple good and honest garages that charge a lot less then the dealers.
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:59 AM   #3336
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94
Speaking about walmart a page or so ago, I saw they started selling rotella in mine. Thats news to me. I think I'll still stay with my mobile 1, but thats cool for all our other toys that i no longer have to go to tractor supply.

Also brakes please... So easy. You can do them yourself. Specially since they all are disc. (I took it as you have never done them before, correct me if I'm wrong)

And out of curiosity... Why do you always go to the dealer? I know in my area a couple good and honest garages that charge a lot less then the dealers.
Some people run Rotella in their I6 and have really good results.

I haven't done them before but it looks like ill be doing them myself!

I have an honest mechanic friend thay I have know for a few years now that works at a Jeep dealer but when I take it there, he does the work on my Jeep on the "side" on his time so it does not cost as much as it would through the dealer system. Also id rather pay "more" for him to do it right and help a friend out who is trying to make a living, when compared to doing some things that I could do myself but just dont feel %100 on. If I am gonna pay someone to work on my Jeep I would much much rather pay a trustworthy friend over just a dealership. He can also have more leway I guess with prices. So when I say the dealer I really only mean my friend who works at the dealer. In this case I didn't have the time, or time to wait for parts to get here, or the tools to do it at my house.

Before I had the Jeep, like when dad still had it. He would do oil changes, and rotate tires and some fairly easy stuff like that. But he was busy with work and had all the other maintaince done at his Jeep dealer (like the actual dealership, that was very reputable). So none the less the Jeep has always been taking very very good care of.

Hopefully that'll kinda explain it all.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #3337
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Updates for today:

-Re washed the Jeep and put another coat of wax on the hood. Will do more wax tomorrow.
-Cleaned the rims and the tires
-Vacuumed it out
-Painted, the gas tank skid, t case skid, front axle, rear axle, and various other things. With rust preventive black paint.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #3338
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Some people run Rotella in their I6 and have really good results.
Ya I've read that. Awhile back we talked about different oils to "hold $h!t together," well that's what I would use to hold a motor together. Good and thick heavy weight. As long as its not winter haha!

Still a mobile 1 and quaker state guy.

Any idea how long that kit of automotive cleaning stuff was on sale for?
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #3339
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
Ya I've read that. Awhile back we talked about different oils to "hold $h!t together," well that's what I would use to hold a motor together. Good and thick heavy weight. As long as its not winter haha!

Still a mobile 1 and quaker state guy.

Any idea how long that kit of automotive cleaning stuff was on sale for?
It was about negative 5 in Blacksburg at one point and I went out to start the Jeep and she started right up. Would be a little concerned with a heavier oil.

I have run Mobile 1 Full Synthetic 10w-30 High Mileage since forever!

I am not sure if it was actually "on-sale" persay. It was just a whole kit with all of those products for 23 bucks. Some of the containers of product were a little smaller but more then enough to do the Jeep. Enough wax to do it twice. Can reuse the clay bar but was running a little low on the clay bar quik detail spray. But over all a really great deal. Go check out your walmart and go pick one up! (If you want to clay bar, compound, and wax you Jeep!)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #3340
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

Target has car detailing packages like that too.

I used mobile 1 high milage full synthetic 10w30 in my bmw for about 3 years. Great oil. Then i switched to red line 10w30 and started to have a vanos (bmw version of vtec) tick.

I ran 10w30 valvoline high milage non-synthetic in the jeep for the summer and once it started to get cold I noticed it took some time to crank over. I switched to 5w30 and have had no problems. Extremely happy with that oil.
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #3341
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Wow your all "synthetic" guys. Interesting...
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #3342
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Target has car detailing packages like that too.

I used mobile 1 high milage full synthetic 10w30 in my bmw for about 3 years. Great oil. Then i switched to red line 10w30 and started to have a vanos (bmw version of vtec) tick.

I ran 10w30 valvoline high milage non-synthetic in the jeep for the summer and once it started to get cold I noticed it took some time to crank over. I switched to 5w30 and have had no problems. Extremely happy with that oil.
Did know that! But that is one more place to get it at then!

Ran Mobile 1 Synthetic and pretty much never had anything else in it before. I have the 10w-30 and havent seen any issues cranking cold with it.

What 5w-30? The Valvoline H-M non-synthetic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
Yup Synthetic everything!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #3343
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94
Whoa now. I run non-synthetic in the jeep. Its what the previous owner ran and it works well. Doesn't burn, leak, and its pretty clean after ~3k miles.
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #3344
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Whoa now. I run non-synthetic in the jeep. Its what the previous owner ran and it works well. Doesn't burn, leak, and its pretty clean after ~3k miles.
Didn't mean to make it sound like an insult. I stick with regular detergent oil also. I often think about synthetic, but can't completly believe all of its story. I dislike detergent too And rather run SAE but I'm afraid to do it. I know in my brain detergent oil isn't great either because you don't to clean or wash the motor completly. Or atleast thats what were taught at my technical school. I think there should be a thread with a chart comparing all three types and the different weights and when they should be used. I can't believe in some of these cars their using 0 weight. AMAZING!!!
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #3345
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
What 5w-30? The Valvoline H-M non-synthetic?
Yeah its valvoline maxlife high millage. Says like 150,000 miles on it or something like that, mayb 75,000. I think its half dino half synthetic. Good stuff tho. I checked it today and it has not moved. Never would have expected that with over 200,000 miles.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.