Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 222 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 03-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #3316
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJdan View Post
I just got my jeep in august haha. I should be there this year tho.
hopefully i can make it this year ..just look for my jeep when the time comes hahah

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #3317
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I thought about it but i read good things about the km2 plus my buddy has them. If for some reason i decide to not run them while in college, i can always throw on the stockers.
That is true actually. I even regretted my A/T for noise and wear for travel at times. I do not think they are going to last for more then 45K miles... oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
buttttt mud tiressss are prettyyyy

I can not argue with that at all

Quote:
I just got my jeep in august haha. I should be there this year tho.
I know that I will be in PA in August too! Marina Days at the Yacht Club (Yeah that sounds rich'y' lol) and family visits.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #3318
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ

hopefully i can make it this year ..just look for my jeep when the time comes hahah
Nice. Hopefully my jeep will be at the stage i want it to be at. (winch, rock sliders, fender flairs, 33s). It will all depend on how this interview goes tomorrow.
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #3319
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
32,000 for the Jeep
5,000 in gas since I have had it
3,500 and change for audio in that aspect
2,000 for both sets of tires
5,800 at the last count (estimate) for maintance such as fluids, brakes, etc
1,500 for all the crazy stuff I do to it or add.

That is a round about of all that I can think of off the top of my head
OH OK OK OK so you're factoring the price of the Jeep in to it... but you didnt drop 32k yourself on the Jeep. Also I havent tracked my gas like you do. Now lets be real here If you've spent $1000 per set of tires you're getting ripped... I was about to pay $800 for a set of 33s lol. And holllllly jeebers 6 grand in maintenance what the... huh? I've spent $30 to fix stuff on the engine, and about $200 on brakes (but I consider that normal maintenance) and throw down an extra $100 for misc stuff.... I mean damn dude I'm well under $500 into my Jeep. I guess you could count a couple $40 oil changes but even then aside from normal cost of ownership like gas and oil and stuff that anyone else would have otherwise had to spend assuming the Jeep ran perfectly... you cant be in 6k deep in repairs and stuff right?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #3320
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
OH OK OK OK so you're factoring the price of the Jeep in to it... but you didnt drop 32k yourself on the Jeep. Also I havent tracked my gas like you do. Now lets be real here If you've spent $1000 per set of tires you're getting ripped... I was about to pay $800 for a set of 33s lol. And holllllly jeebers 6 grand in maintenance what the... huh? I've spent $30 to fix stuff on the engine, and about $200 on brakes (but I consider that normal maintenance) and throw down an extra $100 for misc stuff.... I mean damn dude I'm well under $500 into my Jeep. I guess you could count a couple $40 oil changes but even then aside from normal cost of ownership like gas and oil and stuff that anyone else would have otherwise had to spend assuming the Jeep ran perfectly... you cant be in 6k deep in repairs and stuff right?
Okay for some more clarification. I did not buy the Jeep myself (Thank you dad). He bought it new back in 2004. I was only like 12 at the time when they bought the Jeep.

The tires were may not have been that much but after shipping, mounting, balancing, alignments. (The Kevlar MT/R's on the Rubicon were mad $$$)

Maintenance: I will break it down a bit maybe you can see where I am pulling these numbers from.

Oil: 21+ oil and filter changes at 55 bucks a change (The last one costs that much for a Mopar filter and 6 Quarts of Mobile 1 10w-30 High Mileage Full Synthetic. @ 6.74 a quart) that comes out to 21x55= $1155 We do all the oil changes ourselves

Fluids: Trans was done twice (dealer) $?? Guessing 100 bucks a pop. Radiator has been flusher, power steering has been flushed, brake fluid has been flushed. Don't know how much all that mess costs.

Gear oil has been done three times now. (dealer first 2 times, Used mobile 1 75w-140 full synthetic the last go around and that was so expensive like 20 bucks a quart) Probably 100 or so.

Some big repairs have been the: Rear main seal, front crank case seal, oil pan gasket. That was between 600 and 700 dollars. The transmission pan was pulled for a new gasket too. I had the transfer case sensor go bad and had that fixed.

Latest repair is going to be the rear axle seals... Price... no idea.

Upcoming maintenance needed: Breaks front and rear rotors/pads (3rd set), rear a-arm, engine mounts, trans mounts, power seat fixed, sun roof fixed. Ignoring the seat and the sunroof, that work was going to be over 1100. God only knows how much it is going to be to fix the sunroof.

Maybe I exaggerated the 6 thousand but since I do not know how much everything costs, who knows the real number. But still, when you own this sucker since new, it adds up!!!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #3321
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Buy your oil supplies at walmart, usually runs me about $40-$45 for a change and mine even has mopar filters right there... at WALMART! Trans is a pain in the rear without a drain plug but nonetheless doable.. If I had money I'd be paying someone else to do it. Doing a coolant flush actually isnt bad you can totally do that yourself... well a drain and fill at least, I guess to have it power flushed a pro would be your best bet. Brake fluid is nasty stuff and due to the ABS system... leave that to the pros. Power steering you can use the turkey baster method and its just fine. Have you had the fluid in your 242 changed recently? As far as gear oil the turdy 5 isnt picky I usually choose the decent end valvoline stuff and it works fine I run the 75-140 in the rear. Yadda yadda rear main seal I'm ignoring that right now yadda yadda (haha no but I've kept an eye on mine its like.... a small streak every couple of months so mines not ready yet) my buddy had to do the front crank seal on the 5.9.... what a pain in the rear he had to creatively pull the harmonic balancer something something wrench something something tap the starter and all this crap ugh never again. That trans case sensor is SOOOO easy I did it on my XJ and it was a $10 part and a laughable amount of labor.

SO for the break down you're probably looking at about $200-400 for those rear axle seals (I think my shop quoted me $200 for one side). The brakes I urge you to consider doing yourself keep bugging me and I've got that step by step pic album!!! You've already got the quotes for your engine and trans mounts (trans mount isss soooo eassssyyy meng) but whats wrong with your power seat and sun roof?? I'm sure if its electrical I've got ya covered hahah.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #3322
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

uh oh whats this... someone tempting you to do your own brakes?? I'm going to add captions later but I FINALLY got the pics off of my phone and onto the interwebs
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/.../#post13198419

Matt
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #3323
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Buy your oil supplies at walmart, usually runs me about $40-$45 for a change and mine even has mopar filters right there... at WALMART! Trans is a pain in the rear without a drain plug but nonetheless doable.. If I had money I'd be paying someone else to do it. Doing a coolant flush actually isnt bad you can totally do that yourself... well a drain and fill at least, I guess to have it power flushed a pro would be your best bet. Brake fluid is nasty stuff and due to the ABS system... leave that to the pros. Power steering you can use the turkey baster method and its just fine. Have you had the fluid in your 242 changed recently? As far as gear oil the turdy 5 isnt picky I usually choose the decent end valvoline stuff and it works fine I run the 75-140 in the rear. Yadda yadda rear main seal I'm ignoring that right now yadda yadda (haha no but I've kept an eye on mine its like.... a small streak every couple of months so mines not ready yet) my buddy had to do the front crank seal on the 5.9.... what a pain in the rear he had to creatively pull the harmonic balancer something something wrench something something tap the starter and all this crap ugh never again. That trans case sensor is SOOOO easy I did it on my XJ and it was a $10 part and a laughable amount of labor.

SO for the break down you're probably looking at about $200-400 for those rear axle seals (I think my shop quoted me $200 for one side). The brakes I urge you to consider doing yourself keep bugging me and I've got that step by step pic album!!! You've already got the quotes for your engine and trans mounts (trans mount isss soooo eassssyyy meng) but whats wrong with your power seat and sun roof?? I'm sure if its electrical I've got ya covered hahah.
1. Sucks to suck when Wal-Mart runs out of the 5 quart jug and you have to buy 6 bottles at 6.74 a pop and a filter.
2. I don't deal with the transmission. I dont want an ATF Shower.
3. Coolant and P.S. and Brake was all done at the dealer (This was Before I had it too)
4. I guess we just go expensive in the axles... lol.
5. I did the 242 myself a few thousand miles ago. Just got some ATF and dumped it in there, easy as cake (BTW my 242 is shifting so easily now that I have been using it alot)
6. Rear main seal and all that crap sucked.
7. Those freaking axle seals....

Quote:
uh oh whats this... someone tempting you to do your own brakes?? I'm going to add captions later but I FINALLY got the pics off of my phone and onto the interwebs
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/.../#post13198419
Yeah it looks like I will have to attempt them on my own!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #3324
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
How much would that all cost for a normal person? Lol
well I think the rotors alone wouldve been 110? the calipers wouldve been a 100? and the pads i believe would've been something like 75 or 80? I had it all priced out... Lost that list. But i usually figure add it all up and divide by 2 because he usually gets it half off. But this time a few items he got 75 percent off and got some EXTRA employee discounts! So i win!

Wow a lot of posts since last night. I'll have to catch up on whatevers going on.. haha
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #3325
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

The trans fluid/filter change wasnt that bad at all. The key is to lower the pan slowly and break the seal on one side, take the bolts out on that side, then slowly undo the rest. That way all the fluid ends up in the pan and not all over the floor. I think the messiest past was removing the screw on filter for the trans cooler.
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #3326
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Was everyone able to catch up?!

Today's work. Got the rear axle seals done today. Both sides. New bearings, new seals, and new retainers. One for each side. This was at the dealer cost for parts... 230 for all 6 things. Then 150 in labor which isn't all that bad. Done in a few hours. At least I do not have to worry about that anymore.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #3327
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

You had the dealer do the werk?
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #3328
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

Thats not bad at all from the dealer. My front and rear axles need rebuilt here soon.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #3329
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
You had the dealer do the werk?
Because I do not have a press to put on any of the bearings. I don't have the tools or time to do it.

Quote:
Thats not bad at all from the dealer. My front and rear axles need rebuilt here soon.
Yeah it was through a friend at the dealer. Like he did it there but didn't go through the "dealer's system" So it was cheaper that way.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #3330
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
The trans fluid/filter change wasnt that bad at all. The key is to lower the pan slowly and break the seal on one side, take the bolts out on that side, then slowly undo the rest. That way all the fluid ends up in the pan and not all over the floor. I think the messiest past was removing the screw on filter for the trans cooler.
I wish it had a drain plug, would make it so much easier.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.