Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 212 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #3166
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI
thats the dirtiest i've ever seen your WJ...haha. looks like someone had a blast ah!
Hahaha. It probably was. I had to go wash it off too. Lol.

Got some good scratches on it. They will probably wax/buff out.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #3167
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

B/C I'm bored
compressorwiring.png  

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #3168
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Everyone be hating on the mud flaps! Haha
I didn't say I hated them. In my mind I did but on here I would never say that.
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #3169
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
B/C I'm bored
Matt = Awesome! I added the compressor to my Amazon cart... Just waiting for my finger to slip on the "buy" button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
I didn't say I hated them. In my mind I did but on here I would never say that.
Haha. I understand, I personally do not mind them, that is how I have seen the Jeep pretty much since brand new. They do keep a lot of crap off the bumpers and my lights that I have under there.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #3170
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Spring Break is coming up, time to make the Jeep shine again! (and remove those little scratches, here is my plan)

Here is the plan:

Step 1 --> Wash
Step 2 --> Clay bar to remove all the bumps and crap off the paint with meguiars smooth surface clay kit
Step 3 --> Use the Ultimate Compound, that will not scatch the clear coat, will remove oxidation, more crap off the paint, and will get rid of the scratch marks! Using The Ultimate compund
Step 4 --> Thinking about polishing with Ultimate Polish
Step 5 --> Wax with the Ultimate Liquid Wax Ult Liquid Wax

Should be expensive and fun.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #3171
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Matt = Awesome! I added the compressor to my Amazon cart... Just waiting for my finger to slip on the "buy" button!

Haha. I understand, I personally do not mind them, that is how I have seen the Jeep pretty much since brand new. They do keep a lot of crap off the bumpers and my lights that I have under there.
You have lights under there? lets see em'. Also sounds look a good plan...
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #3172
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

As Per Request:

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #3173
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Thats pretty cool. Highly illegal for street use, but cool. And looking at the pics i forgot you put the chrome wheels on... I was like wow wow wow, this doesnt match up with the avatar. haha
Unread 02-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #3174
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
Thats pretty cool. Highly illegal for street use, but cool. And looking at the pics i forgot you put the chrome wheels on... I was like wow wow wow, this doesnt match up with the avatar. haha
Haha, thank you! Oh yeah, I know it is illegal on streets haha. They lights are actually covered in mud right now so they aren't much help. Ha

The chrome rims have two pretty bald tires on the set. So I did not trust them to go away to college in the snow at all. So I put my good A/T's on!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #3175
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

how do you control those lights? i would like to have some lights like that that came on when you unlock the car or turn on the interior lights...

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #3176
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amremt408
how do you control those lights? i would like to have some lights like that that came on when you unlock the car or turn on the interior lights...
Single pole double throw switch. One goes to ignition 12 volt and the other goes to the interior lights, then those two wires go to a relay to turn the lights on and off. But I could not get them to go off when connected to the interior light wire lead.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #3177
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Here is the plan:

Step 1 --> Wash

Step 2 --> Clay bar to remove all the bumps and crap off the paint with meguiars smooth surface clay kit

Step 3 --> Use the Ultimate Compound, that will not scatch the clear coat, will remove oxidation, more crap off the paint, and will get rid of the scratch marks! Using The Ultimate compound

Step 4 --> Thinking about polishing with Ultimate Polish (not sure yet)

Step 5 --> Wax with the Ultimate Liquid Wax Ultimate Liquid Wax

Update is: I talked to a Meguair's Rep on the phone (nice guy, and helpful) He said that my "order" is correct and that the only problem he could see is that doing the "ultimate compound" by hand, it may not be enough to fix the scratches with out a Buffer. So if I need the buffer, that would be a 250 dollar Dual Action Buffer... Yikes. -__- I am already about to spend 70 bucks just in products! I am hoping by hand it will be enough!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #3178
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

if you've never used a buffer before.... dont... ask your dad if you can practice on the boat or something. Car finishes are reallllly sensitive you can destroy your entire paint job with just a tad too much pressure on the buffer. Compound is really only for severely damaged or chewed up paint... I wouldnt quite call yours that. I'd try a nice firm hand polish on those scratches and see if they go away. I'd just hate to see the rubbing compound destroy your finish :/

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #3179
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Meguair's had assured me that neither of their "scratch x 2.0" or the "ultimate compound" will scratch the finish. The Ultimate Compound will take out the scratches and they said that it will also remove the oxidation and hard water spots that etched in the paint and then make it nice and well nice.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #3180
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Here is the plan:

Step 1 --> Wash

Step 3 --> Use the Ultimate Compound, that will not scatch the clear coat, will remove oxidation, more crap off the paint, and will get rid of the scratch marks! Using The Ultimate compound

Step 4 --> Thinking about polishing with Ultimate Polish (not sure yet)

Step 5 --> Wax with the Ultimate Liquid Wax Ultimate Liquid Wax

Update is: I talked to a Meguair's Rep on the phone (nice guy, and helpful) He said that my "order" is correct and that the only problem he could see is that doing the "ultimate compound" by hand, it may not be enough to fix the scratches with out a Buffer. So if I need the buffer, that would be a 250 dollar Dual Action Buffer... Yikes. -__- I am already about to spend 70 bucks just in products! I am hoping by hand it will be enough!
You aren't going to hurt a thing with a DA polisher.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.