Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 206 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #3076
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The trans on my XJ was slipping and I use Lucas on it and it was a lifesaver, fixe it up real nice and been going string for 50k+ I wouldnt ever put it in my 42re unless it was a last ditch effort you really don't want a thick viscous fluid it's gunna shift softer and heat up faster. Granted, I don't think it's the cause to your problem of the idle dipping

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #3077
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
The trans on my XJ was slipping and I use Lucas on it and it was a lifesaver, fixe it up real nice and been going string for 50k+ I wouldnt ever put it in my 42re unless it was a last ditch effort you really don't want a thick viscous fluid it's gunna shift softer and heat up faster. Granted, I don't think it's the cause to your problem of the idle dipping
I think it had helped my transmission... Or a placebo effect? Seeing how the Lucas was not even near the time frame of this occurring, it would also lead me to believe that it is not the problem...

Ill put TPS on my list. But for now I just don't know.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #3078
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well good ol Jeeps be fixing themselves! Took it out today to do a few "running around" stuff. Jeep did not "idle down" like it did before... Idk. Stayed around 600 rpms. So thankfully that isn't an issue anymore as of now.

Took it through a car wash and got it nice and clean. Did a walk around and there are a few scratches most if not all will buff out. That is the down side of wheeling. Trade off I guess. Also have a chip/nick in the windshield from a rock that hit it on the way home. Rather the windshield then the paint.

Side story that made my day. The guy who was drying off my Jeep at the car wash had said, "man the paint on this feels great!" I said back, "thank you, I try to keep it looking nice!" and then I asked him, "how many miles would you say are on this by looking at it?" he replied, "I would say around 40 thousand miles." I laugh some and say, "nope there are 101 thousand miles on it" He said back, "damn, man, this thing looks amazing for that many miles, glad you know how to use wax unlike most other people!" Made my day, it feels really good to get complimented for the hard work you put into things!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #3079
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Did you ever find a solution?

Okay. However, it had just started doing this and the fluid additive has been in there for a long long time before this started happening.
Yup, I understood that. Get it out though. As for your problem with the weird idle... does it go almost to stalling then dip up above normal idle? or does it after go back to normal?
Cowboyup94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #3080
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think he has to tap the gas, right. Which now makes me realllllllllllllllly think that it's the tps. And I didn't put all of those l's there for no reason

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #3081
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
I think he has to tap the gas, right. Which now makes me realllllllllllllllly think that it's the tps. And I didn't put all of those l's there for no reason
And I was thinking somewhere in the lines the injectors were dirty. But I can see how your thinking that.
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #3082
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Hey comp, how much snows up in Mass.?
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #3083
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

not a clue whats up in mass, I'm @ college in Rochester (upstate NY) right now where we've got a good 4-6 inches and its supposed to keep snowing all week.

Matt
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #3084
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
Yup, I understood that. Get it out though. As for your problem with the weird idle... does it go almost to stalling then dip up above normal idle? or does it after go back to normal?
A 1/3 to 1/2 of a bottle of Lucas could do that much?

When I would come to a stop it would go to normal idle (600) then when I am sitting there it would just drop to 500 and stay there until I hit the gas to accelerate. If I were to tap it while still stopped, if I remember correctly it would pop back up to normal. Another rephrase, it would dip down and stay there until either I tap the gas or go to accelerate.

Another thing with idle is that it would go up and down as it should when turning the wheel while not really moving. When I start to turn it would dip a bit when the engine bogged down then it would correct itself and bring the idle up.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
And I was thinking somewhere in the lines the injectors were dirty. But I can see how your thinking that.
Today oddly enough it ran completely normal and didn't once dip down to the ~500 rpms. But, if it HAD been doing it again, dipping low. Then me tapping the gas bringing up back normal 600 rpms. That would make you all think it would the TPS

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #3085
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Tranny fluid is just one of those things that's so picky and tightly regulated that you don't wanna mess with its concentration, viscosity, etc. In fact the regulations on ATF are so tight I feel 100% safe runnin my 42re on autozone ATF. The base oil package is so tightly regulated I think there's literally like two options for every manufacturer out there and only a couple additive packs that can be used. TLDR It's do tightly regulated that if it bears the name ATF+4 I trust it. I did a full fluid change at 100k and used that autozone atf . 15k later she eems to be very happy and still steonf

Matt
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #3086
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Tranny fluid is just one of those things that's so picky and tightly regulated that you don't wanna mess with its concentration, viscosity, etc. In fact the regulations on ATF are so tight I feel 100% safe runnin my 42re on autozone ATF. The base oil package is so tightly regulated I think there's literally like two options for every manufacturer out there and only a couple additive packs that can be used. TLDR It's do tightly regulated that if it bears the name ATF+4 I trust it. I did a full fluid change at 100k and used that autozone atf . 15k later she eems to be very happy and still steonf
Hmm. So there isn't a drain plug on the transmission pan is there... =/

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #3087
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Hmm. So there isn't a drain plug on the transmission pan is there... =/
Nooooope you bring it to a shop you trust or do it yourself and be forever stained with a waterfall of tranny fluid lol. I did the waterfall method, I made a mess lol. But it let me change the filter and everything and Find a missing bolt on the Pan which allowed me to fix my leak and replace the pan gasket, killed a bunch of birds with one stone, errr wrench, and $40 or so in parts. Also i don't mind trying anything short of an engine rebuild on my 4.0 once, builds good knowledge. NOW if you wana be efficient buy a drain plug and do it yourself and whilst in there install the drain plug in the pan. Life just got 5x easier next time you wanna do the fluid. My XJ has a drain plug in it, it's as easy to Change as the engine oil.

Matt
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #3088
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

I was just at the minimum line for some reason and she started acting up. after a check and run to the store for a quart or 2 she was fine.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #3089
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

^ thats just to show you how picky these POS trans' are...
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #3090
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Well good ol Jeeps be fixing themselves! Took it out today to do a few "running around" stuff. Jeep did not "idle down" like it did before... Idk. Stayed around 600 rpms. So thankfully that isn't an issue anymore as of now.

Took it through a car wash and got it nice and clean. Did a walk around and there are a few scratches most if not all will buff out. That is the down side of wheeling. Trade off I guess. Also have a chip/nick in the windshield from a rock that hit it on the way home. Rather the windshield then the paint.

Side story that made my day. The guy who was drying off my Jeep at the car wash had said, "man the paint on this feels great!" I said back, "thank you, I try to keep it looking nice!" and then I asked him, "how many miles would you say are on this by looking at it?" he replied, "I would say around 40 thousand miles." I laugh some and say, "nope there are 101 thousand miles on it" He said back, "damn, man, this thing looks amazing for that many miles, glad you know how to use wax unlike most other people!" Made my day, it feels really good to get complimented for the hard work you put into things!
i get the same compliments about my jeep ..everyone says the paint looks perfect and even when its dirty it still shines and i always gotta ask "how many miles do you think i have?" and they say around 50-60 and once i tell them they dont beleive me haha

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.