Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 204 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #3046
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
lol I think my Jeeps dirtier than that right now. Your hood dirt still looks better than most peoples' clean. I'm about due for a wash but I wont wash right before a snow storm. I use those self serve bays, the touchless just doesnt do a good job and the touch ones scrape up your paint so I go to the self serve bay, find the one with the cleanest brush, make sure its uber clean (spray it for a bit with the pressure hose) then go at it. Then I pull it out of the bay and shammy it right on spot and wax
Haha, the hood is so hard to keep nice, with water spots and crap like that. I do my best. I hope the dirt/mud doesn't mess up the paint. The roof is pretty terrible. Hard to keep nice. Yup, I need to go find a do it yourself spray place. Then I am going to take it to a detailer and have em finish it off nice. I have nothing in the way of wash/wax/car care products up here right now. Just need to FIND a place with a do it yourself bay.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #3047
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
I hope the dirt/mud doesn't mess up the paint.

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #3048
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ

It has rained, and the water dried on the paint, and has ate away at the clear coat and left nasty marks in the paint... lol. That why I hate when stuff sits on it.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #3049
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Pshh don't bring it to a detailer I actually use the eagle one spray on wax while I'm up at school and all it needs is a clean dry jeep and a big microfiber you literally just buff it in till it dries, beautiful long lasting shine

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #3050
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Pshh don't bring it to a detailer I actually use the eagle one spray on wax while I'm up at school and all it needs is a clean dry jeep and a big microfiber you literally just buff it in till it dries, beautiful long lasting shine
Lol, okay, well when it stops snowing here I am gonna go find a place with the pressure wands and go rinse/wash it off. I don't know how detailed I am going to be, weather looks like crap for the next few days. It just erks me when it sits on the paint.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #3051
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Times like that is when it's fine to do that cheap couple dollar touch less wash then when it's nice I go all in depth with the cleaning. It sucks because there's snow in the forecast for the next week an I haven't cleaned my jeep since... Welllp, Winter break. Admittedly though our snow has been followed by periods of rain so all the salt has been rinsed off it just road grime now. Salt is thine enemy!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #3052
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Times like that is when it's fine to do that cheap couple dollar touch less wash then when it's nice I go all in depth with the cleaning. It sucks because there's snow in the forecast for the next week an I haven't cleaned my jeep since... Welllp, Winter break. Admittedly though our snow has been followed by periods of rain so all the salt has been rinsed off it just road grime now. Salt is thine enemy!
Yeah salt is what the real monster is. It is also 25 degrees here with really high winds, debating cheap touch-less wash or the do-it-yourself. I have not washed it since winter break either, but I did put a really nice coat of McGuire's ultimate wax on coming up.

Hopefully some guys from the club are going to the shop today, I want to adjust my trans/throttle cable and then I need to either take out my spring block spacer things or put them in the right spot, wheeling last night moved them all around and one fell out

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #3053
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

wait you dropped a spacer?!? how did you drive home lol?! I wish we had a shop up here :sigh:

Matt
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #3054
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
wait you dropped a spacer?!? how did you drive home lol?! I wish we had a shop up here :sigh:
There those little blocks that sit in between the coils, and from what I have heard, are not so good for the coils. Then only give like .5 inch of lift, but help when with the Jeep is loaded down. They like prevent it from compressing.

I have yet to go to the shop but I hear it is pretty cool!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #3055
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Alright here is something new that just started the other day. It is running well but and the normal idle is around 600. But when I come to a stop after driving it will idle down to 500 rpms or less. But if I were to tap the gas after I come to a stop it will idle back up to around 600.

Here was what has been done recently. With in the last 5-8K or so miles
  1. Fuel Filter
  2. Mopar Engine Cleaner
  3. IAC Motor (not a mopar one)
  4. Cleaned the throttle body

Maybe this is a normal idle, but to me it feels like it is going to stall out... (although it has not) It also gets shaky(er) I do not know why it is doing this. I mean at least it still runs...

Here is a video

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #3056
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

ya know what, my ZJ used to do that... kinda. Never really figured out what it was and the dealer told me not to worry about it. They seemed to believe it had something to do with the torque converter...

Matt
Unread 02-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #3057
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Torque converter... sounds expensive.

Think it could be a TPS?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #3058
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'd definitely try that first. If that doesnt do it, I really dont think its worth worrying about yet so long as it doesnt get worse. Like, once it actually stalls thats when you get worried

Matt
Unread 02-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #3059
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
I'd definitely try that first. If that doesnt do it, I really dont think its worth worrying about yet so long as it doesnt get worse. Like, once it actually stalls thats when you get worried
Would it throw a code? I haven't done the on-off key thing yet. Ill call the local Jeep dealer on Monday and see how much a TPS is. Maybe even ask them what they think about the situation...

Thankfully it isn't stalling out. Uh, just another thing to worry about.

At least the Jeep is smart enough to bring the idle up when steering, it will drop down when you start turning the wheel and then it will idle up. Then go back down.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #3060
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

you know.... does it do that right before it downshift from 2->1 or is it when you're already in 1 coming to a stop? It could also be this. And I'm totally going on a whim here.... you're traveling at a certain rate, there is a certain air pressure inside your engine bay.... then you come to a stop, just as you feel g-forces pulling you forward the air in the engine bay pulls forwards/against the intake. This creates a deficiency of air and thus your Jeep gets a very lightly noticeable amount of bog as the IAC adjusts. Again, this is completely against a whim but it seems like a very small dip so it could be it. If this is the case theres nothing you can do thatll fix it and its just the nature of a combustion engine lol.

Matt

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.