Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 201 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #3001
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Oh trust me I've PMd the kid and hes somewhere on JF too I'm mad jelly. Ps... Woot 3k post in a build thread
Nice on the 3,000th post! (Edit, First on 201st page :P) Yeah I have seen him around here too. I had actually thought that he went to VT at one time, he is our age. I saw a red Overland in the Parking lot with a NJ plate on it. But when I went back to the videos, plates did not match.

It is raining here right now, I do not know if I will get to work on the transmission cable today...

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #3002
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Winch Mount?

What do you all think of this?!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #3003
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

sleek *** winch!!! whos is that?
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #3004
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
sleek *** winch!!! whos is that?
Have not a clue! Was posting that up cause it looked awesome! haha. It is probably custom fab.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #3005
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

Very clean

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #3006
robd2003
2002 WJ 

I like the color of it fo sho, but its not an american model. they probably have a custom mount for the winch though that keeps it nice and low with the solenoid mounted else where.
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #3007
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

It looks kinda like flat black

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:48 AM   #3008
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

you know, I'm gunna be that guy... I dont particularly like it, looks kinda bulbous to me. IMO unless they can make it completely flush, like fairlead in the original bumper, I'd prefer an offroad bumper. Plus offroad bumpers make life fun. When my XJ wouldnt start I pushed it up the driveway into the garage using my ARB, I've also pushed my front end pretty deep into some snow banks without regrets, I've knocked over a couple bushes and brush, and the PO of the ARB took out a small tree with it. Plus when I get a winch it will be completely hidden behind the bumper.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #3009
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
I like the color of it fo sho, but its not an american model. they probably have a custom mount for the winch though that keeps it nice and low with the solenoid mounted else where.
This is true, the flat black doesn't look to bad at all in that picture. I REALLY love how the stock bumpers look on the WJ, I would never cut them significantly or take them off. I like the lines. I would like to see someone make a winch mount plate that you can use with the existing bumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
you know, I'm gunna be that guy... I dont particularly like it, looks kinda bulbous to me. IMO unless they can make it completely flush, like fairlead in the original bumper, I'd prefer an offroad bumper. Plus offroad bumpers make life fun. When my XJ wouldnt start I pushed it up the driveway into the garage using my ARB, I've also pushed my front end pretty deep into some snow banks without regrets, I've knocked over a couple bushes and brush, and the PO of the ARB took out a small tree with it. Plus when I get a winch it will be completely hidden behind the bumper.
Hahaha. I am gonna go with your point, seeing how it is very valid. The steel bumpers on the Rubicon are so bad *** and you can take out about anything you want with them. Also the winch looks really good on it. The thing that I personally don't like about steel bumpers on the WJ or even the TJ for example is when the bar goes all the way across and covers the lights. That is just me.

Pic of the bumper on the Rubicon

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #3010
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

rough country is making a winch mount like the ZJs ...that uses the stock bumper

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #3011
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
rough country is making a winch mount like the ZJs ...that uses the stock bumper
Rough Country was also supposed to be making a long arm kit for the WJ.... didn't happen. Haha. But I wonder if there is anyone making one for the WJ.

One of only winch bumpers I like for the WJ is the LSR Incline. hahah

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #3012
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ
Is it going to be better quality than.their other wj stuff?

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #3013
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
LOL SLAP. Was thinking something along those lines too

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #3014
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Rough Country was also supposed to be making a long arm kit for the WJ.... didn't happen. Haha. But I wonder if there is anyone making one for the WJ.

One of only winch bumpers I like for the WJ is the LSR Incline. hahah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
LOL SLAP. Was thinking something along those lines too

long arm kit is coming about the first week of march ...but im already getting my IRO lift ..but there winch plate im gonna get ..alot of people like the ZJ winch plate and it looks like the same design

heres the picture from there facebook

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...20672032_n.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #3015
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Winch plate does not look bad at all. That also looks like the RCX long arm kit. Being how it is gray and looks like RC haha.

I wonder if anyone will buy it. Maybe they made some improvement?

I still am an IRO fan too!

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.