Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #286
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaViiK01WJ
If you do the kit right, you won't have any problems. Install. Tires. Align. And your good. Tell em a hokie fan told you that. I bleed maroon and orange.
Haha I hear you. I myself and my dad want me to go to VT

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #287
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55
spacers, isolaters, then springs..replace the iso's while you have the coil out...new ones will be sure to help ith the ride, and lift. do you have up-country pckg? dead spot might be from TRE's I just got mine in yesterday from Kolak. I figured they are sloppy, so it's not like I am throwing parts at a problem. with the age/milage I want to replace everything (steering, bushings, joints, etc) anyway.
I'm not sure I understood your order there.

If the jeep technically isn't sagging do I need new isolators? Just asking your opinion.

No up country.

90K on the odo. Only thing replaced was a SS. TRE's are still orig. My steering is kinda sloppy. Have to hold the wheel a good deal of center to keep it straight on a slanted road or in general. How much for TRE's?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #288
sherker55
2004 WJ 

the springs have to rest in/on the isolaters, they have a groove that hold the springs in place...the spacers go between the body and the isolaters...there is a thread that is pretty recent, just check the WJ forum. I have an 04 as well, and just a little more milage, and mine were shot...and I mean SHOT! esp the front lowers...there was so much rust under them, that I had to pry my old springs off, and my new ones wouldn't go on. I had to pry the iso's off, and wire brush the ***** out of the mounts before I could get the new ones on. Im in NJ, so the salt just killed them!

You will need them, believe me, technically or not ...it didn't even cross my mind till I had trouble.

oh, and THE SPACERS GO ON TOP!!! don't make that mistake

edit: you have the 4.0...slightly less weight, so they aren't under as much pressure. but for the relative cheapness of them, might as well replace them while you have the coil out...if nothing else, you'll have a slightly smoother ride, and slightly more clearence
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #289
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55
the springs have to rest in/on the isolaters, they have a groove that hold the springs in place...the spacers go between the body and the isolaters...there is a thread that is pretty recent, just check the WJ forum. I have an 04 as well, and just a little more milage, and mine were shot...and I mean SHOT! esp the front lowers...there was so much rust under them, that I had to pry my old springs off, and my new ones wouldn't go on. I had to pry the iso's off, and wire brush the ***** out of the mounts before I could get the new ones on. Im in NJ, so the salt just killed them!

You will need them, believe me, technically or not ...it didn't even cross my mind till I had trouble.

oh, and THE SPACERS GO ON TOP!!! don't make that mistake

edit: you have the 4.0...slightly less weight, so they aren't under as much pressure. but for the relative cheapness of them, might as well replace them while you have the coil out...if nothing else, you'll have a slightly smoother ride, and slightly more clearence
Okay, I think I get how the isolators work now. I don't have salt thankfully. yea the fatbob's 2 inch comprehensive thread, I bookmarked it

Now how do they rust if they are rubber? Lol. They just collapse over time?

Thinking out my new plan. 3 inches is to noticeable and to much $. Fatbob's BDS coils with new isolators all around and a good set of shocks would be worth the investment. I'm pretty darn sure this dub won't go any higher than 2. And that is even if I can get it at 2.

Lots of good knowledge going on here.

Could you let me know how your TRE's go when installed etc? thanks

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #290
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Okay, Side issue here.

You all have probably figured out a few things about me:
1. I love my Jeep
2. I love my Jeep clean after mudding
3. I love lights and bright lights
4. I maintain everything to the best of my ability.
5. I HATE SQUEAKS!!!!

For my sanity, Can anyone help me diagnose this?

Every time I come to a complete stop and when the back end goes back to level AND when I hit the gas and the back end goes down. I will get this creaking/squeaking type sound. I put in a trailer hitch and jumped up and down on it, and the Jeep made the same sound. I am out of ideas because I wd-40'ed shock bushings, everything sway bar related, the LCA bushings, and a good amount on the A-arm. Yet the creak/squeak persists. Any ideas? haha I am losing my mind. (oh, It can be clearly heard inside, with radio low and a/c fan low.)

Edit, it creaks/squeaks the most when I break/gas/break/gas it makes the most sound, maybe b/c there is more movement when the whole jeep is throwing all its weight around.

Thank you all

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #291
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
okay, i think i get how the isolators work now. I don't have salt thankfully.AREN'T YOU ON THE EAST COAST???? yea the fatbob's 2 inch comprehensive thread, i bookmarked it

now how do they rust if they are rubber?THEY DON'T...THE RUST WAS UNDER THEM ON THE AXEL POSTS lol. They just collapse over time YOU GOT IT?

Thinking out my new plan. 3 inches is to noticeable and to much $. Fatbob's bds coils with new isolators all around and a good set of shocks would be worth the investment. I'm pretty darn sure this dub won't go any higher than 2. And that is even if i can get it at 2.THIS SEEMS TO BE THE WAY TO GO THEN, ESP WITH 90K, SOUNDS LIKE THE BDS COILS ARE SWEET

lots of good knowledge going on here.

could you let me know how your tre's go when installed etc? Thanks WILL DO, CAN'T WAIT TILL TAX RETURN, GOING TO GO NUTS!!!
replied in bold, easier...
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #292
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Haha, this made me laugh ^ it seemed like you were yelling. haha

In Virginia. It has salt on occasion... I am under there the next day hosing it all down....

Axle posts rusted, The isolators collapse... i got it.

Tax return FTW. thank you!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #293
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

My New toy being delivered! 2011 Viking Yachts 82 Convertible. I win with twin v-16 engines with 2600 hp a piece.
82-012-2seas-ship-loading-010.jpg  

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #294
straty1987

lol the people look like the lego people.

its going to be a fun toy.

what do you fish for?
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #295
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
lol the people look like the lego people.

its going to be a fun toy.

what do you fish for?
Haha, just noticed that, and they do!

Just so we are clear... that really isnt mine... but i do love to fish! My friend has a 18 foot boston whaler that we go out on the rivers with for white perch in the summer and speckled trout in the winter. I do try to make it down to the obx and try to get on a charter for tuna or mahi-mahi!

My dad did have a 1986 Viking 35 Convertible that they bought in 1995 ish. Sold in 2001 though. Good memories there.

My hope is to one day own another boat!
scan0036.jpg   scan0035.jpg   scan0037.jpg   scan0033.jpg  

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #296
straty1987

lol i understand.

its a nice thing if you can catch something. my uncle had a basic 18 foot and it was nice to go out and fish but the battery died, pumps stooped working and it went under in the boat marina. also the gas bill did not help, catching one fish (if the right length) was over $150 with all the things need to to keep the boat. another friend has a nice 22 foot that is like 3 years old with 2 giant motors and its nice to take a trip in that but its like a minivan with all the cup holders lol.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #297
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
lol i understand.

its a nice thing if you can catch something. my uncle had a basic 18 foot and it was nice to go out and fish but the battery died, pumps stooped working and it went under in the boat marina. also the gas bill did not help, catching one fish (if the right length) was over $150 with all the things need to to keep the boat. another friend has a nice 22 foot that is like 3 years old with 2 giant motors and its nice to take a trip in that but its like a minivan with all the cup holders lol.
Ah man THAT sucks. Hmmm. The Viking that we did have had twin Caterpillar 3208 Turbo After-cooled V-8 diesels... Talk about crappy fuel econ. 350 gallons were gone in a hurry with the throttle mashed. It was a very strong boat. Viking is just some awesome stuff.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #298
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Really Surprised that 200hp could spin tires... (in reverse)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #299
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

I figured out that my rear end squeak is the sway bar. 99% sure on that.

Does anyone have opinions on running Fuel Injector Cleaner?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #300
lloyd877
2001 WJ 

Run some Amsoil P.i.

If it doesn't work you get your money back.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.