Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 191 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #2851
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

double post

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #2852
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Sunk my Jeep in some mud, was able to get out in 2wd. Was to lazy to put in 4wd cause I knew it would have been a fight to put it back in 2wd

Idle is still crap in gear. Also the something was grinding only in Neutral.

I can not figure out if it is my rear a-arm ball joint or my after market shock bushings that are lose.

But it is what it is. It would not be a Jeep if it was running perfect all the time. Taking her on my date tomorrow still
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #2853
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Been itching to put the OME Springs on so so bad ever since Comp put his on!

Also having a blend door problem, I think, hot on the drivers side, but cooler, noticeably cooler on the passenger side. That doesn't seem to be good.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #2854
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

I'd try some carb cleaner on your throttle body, don't be easy with it either soak the crap out of it and clean it good.

I want to seafoam too. Usually with seafoam you use 1/3 in the brake booster line, 1/3 in your gas tank, and the other third in the crank case with the oil. Although a lot of people don't like to put any in the crank case.

I just ordered a new Rancho HD SS from kolak since I broke mine offroad, and my steering is getting really sketchy! I don't have the money right now but I plan on getting new tie rod ends, all 4.

I have at least 5" of play in my steering wheel and driving is getting really scary

Another Steel Blue WJ named Jenn.
3" IRO Lift, Bilstein 5100s, 32s, Roof basket
JulietheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #2855
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulietheJeep
I'd try some carb cleaner on your throttle body, don't be easy with it either soak the crap out of it and clean it good.

I want to seafoam too. Usually with seafoam you use 1/3 in the brake booster line, 1/3 in your gas tank, and the other third in the crank case with the oil. Although a lot of people don't like to put any in the crank case.

I just ordered a new Rancho HD SS from kolak since I broke mine offroad, and my steering is getting really sketchy! I don't have the money right now but I plan on getting new tie rod ends, all 4.

I have at least 5" of play in my steering wheel and driving is getting really scary
I recently took the whole throttle body off and cleaned it all, and then even put in a new IAC (its an autozone brand though, not mopar IAC) and it really didn't help. The problem with the idle started after the jeep sat forever then it has never run the same since I left it for college.

I don't want to sea foam: 1. I just changed the oil. 2. I don't want to foul my spark plugs which are pretty new. So where would I put it? The throttle body? Or the brake booster line?

Yeah I am not sure how much the SS will help with all the play. That might be more TRE related. I have play in my wheel. But not quite as much, most of mine is my steering box. (It is a jeep, not a mercedes or a bmw)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #2856
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
I recently took the whole throttle body off and cleaned it all, and then even put in a new IAC (its an autozone brand though, not mopar IAC) and it really didn't help. The problem with the idle started after the jeep sat forever then it has never run the same since I left it for college.

I don't want to sea foam: 1. I just changed the oil. 2. I don't want to foul my spark plugs which are pretty new. So where would I put it? The throttle body? Or the brake booster line?

Yeah I am not sure how much the SS will help with all the play. That might be more TRE related. I have play in my wheel. But not quite as much, most of mine is my steering box. (It is a jeep, not a mercedes or a bmw)
The big brake booster line that goes to the throttle body, suck it out of the can like a straw but "sip" it out. Dont let it stall

Unread 01-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #2857
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulietheJeep

The big brake booster line that goes to the throttle body, suck it out of the can like a straw but "sip" it out. Dont let it stall
There really aren't any negative effects of it? What is the whole detailed process??

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #2858
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

You can look up some really detailed write ups and youtube videos but here's the basics.

Get your Jeep to normal operating temp, and pull off the brake booster line, dip the line in and suck out the seafoam slowly and take sips and let it get air so it doesn't stall. Your Jeep will start pouring out white smoke, this is all the crap in your cylinders burning, it's a good thing.

Once you've used about 1/3-1/2 (if you dont plan on using any in the crank case) shut the Jeep off and let it sit for about 5 mins, then start it up again and drive it hard. Take off a few times accelerating hard. Drive until the smoke stops and put the other 1/2 in the gas tank. It won't crude up your plugs it will just clean the fuel lines and fuel injectors. Give you a little gas milage.

Good luck

Unread 01-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #2859
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Ah man I really wanna do this now! Maybe I can get to it in the next few days! I am just so nervous I am gonna eff it up!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #2860
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Was playing around with the Jeep again, trying to figure out all the noise that is going on in the rear when going over bumps. I took the tire and pushed it side to side and it was all solid, the axle moved with the body and there was no noise and it all seemed okay. It must be the shock bushings, I have read that the the after market shock bushings are not as "tight" in the mounting locations and can make noise because they have play in them and can move around.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #2861
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

This is what I follow whenever I seamfoam something.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/general-ma...-your-car.html

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #2862
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Wow what a great article! Thank you!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #2863
Ljohn221
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Was playing around with the Jeep again, trying to figure out all the noise that is going on in the rear when going over bumps. I took the tire and pushed it side to side and it was all solid, the axle moved with the body and there was no noise and it all seemed okay. It must be the shock bushings, I have read that the the after market shock bushings are not as "tight" in the mounting locations and can make noise because they have play in them and can move around.
Same thing happened to me one time when I took my shocks out

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljohns-1999-wj-build-forum-1188750/#post11260881
Ljohn221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #2864
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljohn221 View Post
Same thing happened to me one time when I took my shocks out
You had a bunch of noise with your aftermarket shocks?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #2865
Ljohn221
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

You had a bunch of noise with your aftermarket shocks?
Stock shocks, didn't tighten them all the way and they rattled

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljohns-1999-wj-build-forum-1188750/#post11260881
Ljohn221 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.