Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 184 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #2746
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI
holy crap thats shinyy
That's what some good old fashion elbow grease will get ya. And some chrome polish with a drill and a power ball!

Sent from my DROID 3

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #2747
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Looking at some 255/65/17 tires... that is around 30.2 inches and they are about 10.5 inches wide. What do you all think? I was looking to go with some Yokohama Geolander AT/s again. Cheapest and have good ratings, and I like them! Opinions?!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #2748
robd2003
2002 WJ 

go for it!
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #2749
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Looking at some 255/65/17 tires... that is around 30.2 inches and they are about 10.5 inches wide. What do you all think? I was looking to go with some Yokohama Geolander AT/s again. Cheapest and have good ratings, and I like them! Opinions?!
I'd say if ur going new tires go all the way I had no problems running 32's without the OME... With OME you'd probably be fine with 32s and factory bumpers with extremely minor trimming

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #2750
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

i did some polishing of rims last night too

1hr. and a half of polishing per rim by hand!! cheee!!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #2751
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I was just throwing some ideas around for tire sizes. I will have to re gear... It is already as slow as a pig. hahaha.
I was wondering if those would fit under the Jeep with the 1 inch lift haha.

So I am trying to track down this #%#$%^$^ rattling that is in the Jeep only when it is in Drive or Reverse... I CAN NOT figure it out and I am about to tear it completely apart. Mind you ONLY while in D or R. PISSED

I had my friend shifting from drive to reverse and there is some insane amount of slop in the drive line between the t-case and the axle... pissed

Just another happy Jeep owner over hear!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #2752
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI
i did some polishing of rims last night too

1hr. and a half of polishing per rim by hand!! cheee!!
The tires look sweet too!

Sent from my DROID 3

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #2753
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

my jeep does the same thing in drive or reverse ...i have no clue what it is but it sounds like its coming from the rear somewhere...its been like this for awhile

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #2754
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ
my jeep does the same thing in drive or reverse ...i have no clue what it is but it sounds like its coming from the rear somewhere...its been like this for awhile
Yeah do you have move vibrations transfered into the cabin when you have it in drive and or reverse when not moving?!?

Sent from my DROID 3

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #2755
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Yeah do you have move vibrations transfered into the cabin when you have it in drive and or reverse when not moving?!?

Sent from my DROID 3
when my foot is on the brake that is when i hear it the most...sometimes when i hit a bump i will hear it every once in awhile

it really bothers me...tonight my girlfriend wanted to drive my jeep to the pantry and when we got back home i herd the noise and told her to just keep it there (meaning just keep your foot on the break) and she put it in park ...so i kept having her try and bring the noise back but it didnt do anything #fail

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #2756
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have a weird "squeak squeak squeak" noise that comes from the tranny if I'm in Park fully warmed up that shows up after 30 or so seconds of idling, throw it in N or any gear and its gone.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #2757
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ

when my foot is on the brake that is when i hear it the most...sometimes when i hit a bump i will hear it every once in awhile

it really bothers me...tonight my girlfriend wanted to drive my jeep to the pantry and when we got back home i herd the noise and told her to just keep it there (meaning just keep your foot on the break) and she put it in park ...so i kept having her try and bring the noise back but it didnt do anything #fail
Like when the jeep is in drive it idles like a bit rougher, vibration wise (the rpms, etc are all ok) like its just enough to make something vibrate and rattle and its driving me bonkers.

I guess when the engine has load from the torque converter while in drive, makes in vibrate more compared to when in drive and there is no extra load on it.

Yeah when you try and get the noise to happen again to find it. Never works! Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
I have a weird "squeak squeak squeak" noise that comes from the tranny if I'm in Park fully warmed up that shows up after 30 or so seconds of idling, throw it in N or any gear and its gone.
I get some squeaks when shifting from drive to reverse... its drive train slop in the carrier and wherever else. And probably the brakes.

I wonder what is rubbing when you're in park?! Hahaha. How much does your engine move around? (I know that its supposed to move some, but how much is some?) And do you have slop when going from drive to reverse?

Sent from my DROID 3

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #2758
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

h
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Like when the jeep is in drive it idles like a bit rougher, vibration wise (the rpms, etc are all ok) like its just enough to make something vibrate and rattle and its driving me bonkers.

I guess when the engine has load from the torque converter while in drive, makes in vibrate more compared to when in drive and there is no extra load on it.

Yeah when you try and get the noise to happen again to find it. Never works! Hahaha

I get some squeaks when shifting from drive to reverse... its drive train slop in the carrier and wherever else. And probably the brakes.

I wonder what is rubbing when you're in park?! Hahaha. How much does your engine move around? (I know that its supposed to move some, but how much is some?) And do you have slop when going from drive to reverse?

Sent from my DROID 3
You know its funny when I'm in park idling my engine kinda vibrates side to side a bit in my WJ's engine bay but my 4.0 in the XJ with 40k more miles on it stands perfectly still does not move at all. Overall the XJ even sounds better, doesnt have a bit of piston slap at all like the WJ does at cold start. Maybe its a WJ thing... was yours used for many short trips? I know mine was that might explain how the engine has "developed" per se. Jeez I'm talking about it like its a child LOL.

I have barely any slop going from R to D and the such actually I think its totally related to the bad/worn ball joint because when I first got the Jeep there was absolutely now lurch/slop or anything and as the ball joint has gotten worse so has the little bit of lurch going between gears. Obviously with the 42re you gotta make sure you are completely 100% stopped foot firmly on the brakes before shifting, it doesnt like rolling at all!

Matt
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #2759
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
You know its funny when I'm in park idling my engine kinda vibrates side to side a bit in my WJ's engine bay but my 4.0 in the XJ with 40k more miles on it stands perfectly still does not move at all. Overall the XJ even sounds better, doesnt have a bit of piston slap at all like the WJ does at cold start. Maybe its a WJ thing... was yours used for many short trips? I know mine was that might explain how the engine has "developed" per se. Jeez I'm talking about it like its a child LOL.

I have barely any slop going from R to D and the such actually I think its totally related to the bad/worn ball joint because when I first got the Jeep there was absolutely now lurch/slop or anything and as the ball joint has gotten worse so has the little bit of lurch going between gears. Obviously with the 42re you gotta make sure you are completely 100% stopped foot firmly on the brakes before shifting, it doesnt like rolling at all!
Yeah man same here, it just seems while in park or any other gear for me, the engine kinda shakes, like it is not 100 percent balanced or the bushing aren't up to par anymore. And those "shakes" then engine has are what gets transferred into the cabin. I just did a cold start and I had some crazy piston slap noise for about 1 second and it was gone. Maybe it is just a WJ thing, or maybe a need a stroked and rebuilt engine and or maybe some new motor mounts No, not that I can think of, my stepmom went to work, a good 15 minutes or to the store again a good 10 minutes. Im not sure if those are short or not but that's what it was given. My Mom has a bmw and drives 1.8 miles to work... that's a short trip.

The slop was all in the driveshaft! Idk if the transfer case chain is lose? But the drive shaft rotated a good half of a revolution from going to drive to reverse or vise versa. Nothing else that I could visually see was moving around under there. There have been many times where im not all the way stopped before shifting... uh oh

I need every single bushing replaced in the rear end, cause I am sick and tired of hearing it clunck around on bumps... ( its got to be the a arm or the rear shocks)

Sent from my DROID 3

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #2760
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Washed, waxed, filled in paint chips, bumper and cladding restore, tire cleaner.

Results:

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.