Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 179 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #2671
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

on your wj or my wj?
idk, if you plan on doing it, prep it well. mines will make a year painted the first week of January, and has lasted quite well with krylon fusion.

it does make the paint of the Jeep really pop out and something different

alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #2672
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
on your wj or my wj?
idk, if you plan on doing it, prep it well. mines will make a year painted the first week of January, and has lasted quite well with krylon fusion.

it does make the paint of the Jeep really pop out and something different
Here was what I was thinking between these three options:

Option 1:
Turn it into a "limited" paint everything to the body color. Bumpers, cladding, door handles, trunk handle, any other black piece that is body matched on the limited's. Best case is to find limited bumpers from an 04 and the cladding and swap on and then paint the rest.

Option 2:
Paint everything body matched color as listed above however just paint the bumpers and cladding black

Option 3:
Paint the bumpers/cladding black and then paint all the trim that is "supposed" to be black, black.

The bumpers/cladding, I would use Krylon fusion satin black.

I am looking around for rattle cans of my Midnight Blue Pearl paint. I want to start out with something like the piece above the license plate and see how it looks.

What I WANT to happen (gonna be hard to do/find) is just get lucky and go to a junkyard and find all the bumpers/cladding of a limited blue Jeep. (that isn't wrecked) Then just paint the rest.

I am tired of all the little black pieces turning to gray. I am over that! (BTW this will all be a summer project most likely) I am going to be working on the Rouge Chrome rims over break along with the maintenance!

Going to junkyard dive this week or weekend and look for a seat base for my drivers side, the one power motor gear stripped out. (I want to find a whole set of gray leather seats! ha)
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #2673
straty1987

Zerex G05 is clearish yellow colored
mopar hoat is like a pink/ red

straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #2674
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Alright! *phew* The coolant in there is for sure that red/pink color.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #2675
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI
damnnn speed limits are freaking high up there! haha.

welcome to Hilo, where speed limits don't exceed 55. hahahaha! :P
Are there dui checks every weekend like in kona?

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #2676
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Kona? I would definitely think so.
Hilo? Yes, but they do them at the most stupidest times of all! 9pm? Hmmm okay, I'm sure majority of the drunk people will be driving at 9 compared to 12-2am when bars start shutting down.
Another year, and hopefully I'll be with the boys in blue
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #2677
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Kona? I would definitely think so.
Hilo? Yes, but they do them at the most stupidest times of all! 9pm? Hmmm okay, I'm sure majority of the drunk people will be driving at 9 compared to 12-2am when bars start shutting down.
Another year, and hopefully I'll be with the boys in blue
Sweet bro. Nobody in kona goes out once it gets dark. At least we never did. Neighborhood parties everynight. Good luck to you bro. Over there you only see a cop whether few days, and they're in their own cars!

On topic...does the dealer sell jeep colors in rattle cans? I saw snobrdrkid was talking about matching his blue with spray?

Unread 12-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #2678
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yupp they should. That's your best option. Alternatively, I heard of another user who used the paint code and had his local shop mix him one from the Chrysler paint code and it turned out perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #2679
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

i would do the limited look.
i wanted to for mine, but those color matched paint cans are too small and expensive
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #2680
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
i would do the limited look.
i wanted to for mine, but those color matched paint cans are too small and expensive
Maaco? The wife wants a white out, like the yeti. I told her she has to pay for it

Unread 12-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #2681
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I will go to a paint store like Sherwin Williams or something and see what they can do. But I am not sure if it will be as good as Krylon Fusion for the plastic stuff...

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #2682
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
I will go to a paint store like Sherwin Williams or something and see what they can do. But I am not sure if it will be as good as Krylon Fusion for the plastic stuff...
I hope you're not trying blue krylon fusion lol if you use that do it black

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #2683
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I hope you're not trying blue krylon fusion lol if you use that do it black

I want to paint the door handles and those kind of trim pieces to match the body, like the limited's... is that not a good idea?? What do you think? The bumper/cladding will probably come down to either: finding a whole set of limited or painting black w/ krylon fusion satin black.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #2684
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If you're using Krylon Fusion, dont try and paintmatch the colors, you wont even be able to get close I guarantee it. If you bring the paint code over to sherwin williams and have them mix it up, now thats a different story. The plastic will paint just fine with the mixed paint you just need to really get all the skin/etc oils off before you paint it. The limited bumpers are plastic anyways so if its the right paint and you've done the right prep, you wont have a problem. Have you checked around for any junkyards or part outs for your color wj?

Matt
Unread 12-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #2685
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
If you're using Krylon Fusion, dont try and paintmatch the colors, you wont even be able to get close I guarantee it. If you bring the paint code over to sherwin williams and have them mix it up, now thats a different story. The plastic will paint just fine with the mixed paint you just need to really get all the skin/etc oils off before you paint it. The limited bumpers are plastic anyways so if its the right paint and you've done the right prep, you wont have a problem. Have you checked around for any junkyards or part outs for your color wj?
I completely agree. (I just was not clear I guess)

If I can get paint made (to the color code) in a rattle can, I am going to try it on the door handles etc. (how should I prep it to get the oil off?) I am going to try it on something that is easy to take off first. Then if I can not get paint made, I am going to paint them all black.

I CAN buy limited bumpers that are new and prepped online... hah. But I am checking local JY's the next few days too see what I find.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.