Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 172 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Reply
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #2566
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

I don't think I will, everyone knows my current username. LOL! I'll add it somewhere.
Good choice, Snobrdrkid is quite cool.

__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #2567
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Good choice, Snobrdrkid is quite cool.
Hahaha! Thanks man! I added it under my name on the left.

Going to wait to do the diff's until I get back home. Prob gonna go with Mobile 1 Full Synthetic 75w-140 and a lube locker gasket!

Last Full week of the first semester today. Here comes the cramming for exams!
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #2568
compcrasher86
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marblehead, MA, Henrietta, NY
Posts: 6,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard
This is a long-term project for you, but you're not in a position to continually spend money on your Jeep. So save up to do it right as you can. Everyone wants to cheap out on shocks, but there seems no point. If you can't afford to mod your Jeep, then you can't afford to mod your Jeep. Be ready for all the extra, unanticipated complications that may result as well.
Sometimes the Jeep has a way of forcing you to replace certain things on a timely basis. Tires are worn out and suddenly you need to get new tires, but why buy stock size tires you want to get 32s because you're planning to lift soon anyways, but you can't put the 32s on until you get your lift on, and you can't put your lift on without shocks. By the time you've bought the new tires you're out of money, so you have to settle for a little less ride comfort in the shocks. And then even after that you want to have $X left over to buy additional components because you can't just buy really nice shocks and springs and expect the lift to ride perfect. Nope you need an adjustable track bar, and you need extended sway bar links and you will probably need to replace a couple bushings while you're underneath there. As for shocks, when your stock shocks are blown and you're bouncing up over train tracks you just want a firm ride and don't care if it's a little stiff as long as its safe. Third on the topic of bilsteins, they only make lift shocks for up to 2" and 3-4" on a WJ. OME coils put you right in the middle and so you'll either be bottoming out or overextending your shocks in certain situations, it's no good. What's more, if you use Spacers to get up to 3-3.25" that enters the realm where your factory driveshafts on a WJ are inadequate, and you start to need adjustable arms for the front and a spacer at the back for the a-arm. IMO it's best to make sure you get all your bases covered as needed versus covering some of your bases with the most expensive parts, that way things are much less likely to fail and leave you financially wiped.

Especially when you're like me and you try to save up the money and something comes along that forces you to spend the money you've saved up for your Jeep.
__________________
98 XJ Sport | i6 | AW4 | 231 | Stone White | Agate Leather

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #2569
sherker55
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 834
put those springs on yet?!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaViiK View Post
Send me the number, she can take a ride in a real jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillMcD View Post
She said call her when your over 4"
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #2570
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Sometimes the Jeep has a way of forcing you to replace certain things on a timely basis. Tires are worn out and suddenly you need to get new tires, but why buy stock size tires you want to get 32s because you're planning to lift soon anyways, but you can't put the 32s on until you get your lift on, and you can't put your lift on without shocks. By the time you've bought the new tires you're out of money, so you have to settle for a little less ride comfort in the shocks. And then even after that you want to have $X left over to buy additional components because you can't just buy really nice shocks and springs and expect the lift to ride perfect. Nope you need an adjustable track bar, and you need extended sway bar links and you will probably need to replace a couple bushings while you're underneath there. As for shocks, when your stock shocks are blown and you're bouncing up over train tracks you just want a firm ride and don't care if it's a little stiff as long as its safe. Third on the topic of bilsteins, they only make lift shocks for up to 2" and 3-4" on a WJ. OME coils put you right in the middle and so you'll either be bottoming out or overextending your shocks in certain situations, it's no good. What's more, if you use Spacers to get up to 3-3.25" that enters the realm where your factory driveshafts on a WJ are inadequate, and you start to need adjustable arms for the front and a spacer at the back for the a-arm. IMO it's best to make sure you get all your bases covered as needed versus covering some of your bases with the most expensive parts, that way things are much less likely to fail and leave you financially wiped.

Especially when you're like me and you try to save up the money and something comes along that forces you to spend the money you've saved up for your Jeep.
That was pretty much the best write up that I could have said too. That is pretty much what has been going through my mind as well like the entire time. I really want to slap them on and go, but I have learned that that is NOT the way to go, with anything! I will continue to acquire all the parts when I can.

Since I have the "B" springs that should put my at around 2.75 inches. With old Isolators that will also lose about a half an inch so net lift will be around 2.25-2.5 inches. Which is a good amount of lift for what I need and will also keep the cost to a minimum. I may still run my 3/4 inch spacers in the rear to keep the raked look of the WJ. Will have to play around once this actually starts to happen. As for shocks, I have been running skyjacker and I have not had to many compaints, they give a firm ride and do not let the Jeep "bounce" all around after hitting bumps. Which is what you want.

2.5 inches should keep me pretty safe in the realm of need a crap ton of parts.
- Have the OME HD "B" Springs
- Have a JKS Bar
- Going to find a deal on SkyJackers (MAYBE I can get some 2" Bilsteins for Christmas)
- Need to check out the TRE's
- Rear sway bar links for sure
- Keeping my 30" tires because they are pretty new.
- At 2.5-2.75 inches the Rear A-arm should be okay... I am pretty sure I either need a new ball joint or the rear shock mounts are loose because they are aftermarket bushing and can 'clunk' around.
- I also do not know what the parents are going to say either...
- So you can see what a crap position I am in right now. I also have to worry about Finals for the next 10 days then I am home free for the next 5 weeks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
put those springs on yet?!
Explanation Above ^
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #2571
compcrasher86
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marblehead, MA, Henrietta, NY
Posts: 6,277
Well said sir. I'm running 400+ lbs of bumpers on stock springs and shocks with a 2" spacer lift, wanna ask me about "doing it wrong" lol?!
__________________
98 XJ Sport | i6 | AW4 | 231 | Stone White | Agate Leather

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #2572
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Well said sir. I'm running 400+ lbs of bumpers on stock springs and shocks with a 2" spacer lift, wanna ask me about "doing it wrong" lol?!
Thank you sir. HAHA what are you netting right now? Like an inch?
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #2573
compcrasher86
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marblehead, MA, Henrietta, NY
Posts: 6,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Thank you sir. HAHA what are you netting right now? Like an inch?
LOL no I'm impressed with the stock coils, they're holding me at 1.5" right now... and I cant believe my 32s barely rub! Its all in the bumpers. Well okay maybe with how worn they are its more like they're 31s but whateva. But naw I gotta get the OME HDs because the springs and shocks cant handle the extra momentum in turns so my Jeep likes to nose dive and sway around till it bounces off the limits of the swaybar, its like okay time to take a turn... whoah whoah and then you get a snap as the rear swaybar kicks. I've learned from Billzcat's build thread that sway bar angles are very very important so I plan on fixing the links and everything asap. I know at 2.5" it is NOT going to be very happy lol. Conversely my buddy is running his WK at 3" and he has absolutely 0 sway bar problems, musta designed em differently
__________________
98 XJ Sport | i6 | AW4 | 231 | Stone White | Agate Leather

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #2574
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
LOL no I'm impressed with the stock coils, they're holding me at 1.5" right now... and I cant believe my 32s barely rub! Its all in the bumpers. Well okay maybe with how worn they are its more like they're 31s but whateva. But naw I gotta get the OME HDs because the springs and shocks cant handle the extra momentum in turns so my Jeep likes to nose dive and sway around till it bounces off the limits of the swaybar, its like okay time to take a turn... whoah whoah and then you get a snap as the rear swaybar kicks. I've learned from Billzcat's build thread that sway bar angles are very very important so I plan on fixing the links and everything asap. I know at 2.5" it is NOT going to be very happy lol. Conversely my buddy is running his WK at 3" and he has absolutely 0 sway bar problems, musta designed em differently
Well it looks like it is time for some needed new parts for your Jeep as well. I am actually pretty impressed with how those coils are holding up with that weight! How is your MPG's on the stock tires? Yeah those tires fit pretty well for only 1.5 inch of lift! It looks like when the sway bar becomes less then perpendicular from the road in the rear, it will more easily flex and lessen the effect?

Yeah those WK's... Haha.
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #2575
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86

lol jeep likes to nose dive and sway around till it bounces off the limits of the swaybar, its like okay time to take a turn... Whoah whoah and then you get a snap as the rear swaybar kicks.
lmfao!!! Thanks 
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #2576
compcrasher86
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marblehead, MA, Henrietta, NY
Posts: 6,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Well it looks like it is time for some needed new parts for your Jeep as well. I am actually pretty impressed with how those coils are holding up with that weight! How is your MPG's on the stock tires? Yeah those tires fit pretty well for only 1.5 inch of lift! It looks like when the sway bar becomes less then perpendicular from the road in the rear, it will more easily flex and lessen the effect?

Yeah those WK's... Haha.
Ohhh yah. You'd actually be surprised, I noticed absolutely no mileage decrease when I put the bumpers on with the stock tires. Combination of the jeep going down 1/2" (front a lil more than rear) and also the added aerodynamics from the ARB, yes believe it or not it pushes air away from the tires and the lower air dam also channels air properly through the radiator and away from the suspension. Tires were what really did it I noticed a good mpg less in town and 3-4 less on highway with the 32s. The i6 struggles with 32s, take that into mind if you're considering new tires.
__________________
98 XJ Sport | i6 | AW4 | 231 | Stone White | Agate Leather

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #2577
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Ohhh yah. You'd actually be surprised, I noticed absolutely no mileage decrease when I put the bumpers on with the stock tires. Combination of the jeep going down 1/2" (front a lil more than rear) and also the added aerodynamics from the ARB, yes believe it or not it pushes air away from the tires and the lower air dam also channels air properly through the radiator and away from the suspension. Tires were what really did it I noticed a good mpg less in town and 3-4 less on highway with the 32s. The i6 struggles with 32s, take that into mind if you're considering new tires.
Well for how much the ARB costs, I am glad they put some good engineering into it! How were the shift points with 32's and 3.55? Like OD had to be locking up at like 35 mph!!

How did the lift affect the MPG?
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #2578
compcrasher86
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marblehead, MA, Henrietta, NY
Posts: 6,277
Yeah I would reccomend the ARB to anybody in a heartbeat if they are looking at front bumpers, very well made. Honestly I didnt notice much of a big deal with shift points actually if anything it locked overdrive earlier at like 45 which I kinda liked. It did, however, tend to hold 2nd gear longer than I really wanted it to but I guessed it helped a bit with accelerating and keeping in the powerband. Also, something weird is up with my ECU (but I like it so I'm not fixing it) where if I get to 40 with OD locked out it will normally lock up the torque converter. Then if you coast down to 30 you can STILL accelerate torque converter locked. Trust me 30mph in a WJ in 3rd gear with torque converter locked rolling like 1200 rpm sounds freaking awesome. I am pretty sure when I replace my battery this "feature" is going to dissapear, my ECU and BCM really dont like my impending death in form of battery.

As far as lift affecting MPG, it did absolutely nothing with stock tires. I did my 400mi drive home from school and got 24mpg... then I lifted my Jeep and with stock tires got 25mpg on the way back up.
__________________
98 XJ Sport | i6 | AW4 | 231 | Stone White | Agate Leather

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #2579
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
Yeah I would reccomend the ARB to anybody in a heartbeat if they are looking at front bumpers, very well made. Honestly I didnt notice much of a big deal with shift points actually if anything it locked overdrive earlier at like 45 which I kinda liked. It did, however, tend to hold 2nd gear longer than I really wanted it to but I guessed it helped a bit with accelerating and keeping in the powerband. Also, something weird is up with my ECU (but I like it so I'm not fixing it) where if I get to 40 with OD locked out it will normally lock up the torque converter. Then if you coast down to 30 you can STILL accelerate torque converter locked. Trust me 30mph in a WJ in 3rd gear with torque converter locked rolling like 1200 rpm sounds freaking awesome. I am pretty sure when I replace my battery this "feature" is going to dissapear, my ECU and BCM really dont like my impending death in form of battery.

As far as lift affecting MPG, it did absolutely nothing with stock tires. I did my 400mi drive home from school and got 24mpg... then I lifted my Jeep and with stock tires got 25mpg on the way back up.
On mine, it will lock the Torque converter in 4th gear at 45 mph. I guess that's normal. If you hold the gas a bit and go up a hill, and let the speed decrease, I got it to about 36 the one time, it was still locked until I hit it under and it bumped down to 3rd. It does sound pretty cool under load down low too haha. Hmmmm our jeeps don't like low batteries. Hahaha

I do like the ARB front bumper, but also pretty partial to the Incline SLR bumper, I am not a fan on the bars that come up over the headlights, that just me.

Wow thats pretty good mpgs. I can not get that good. Idk what im doing wrong. I only got 19.8 mpg from the trip from home to va tech. Then again there was city mixed a bit, stop and go traffic, and some sitting idling. So that probably didn't help. When I go home for winter break. Gonna do a straight trip to home. It will be like 99% highway. I also drive fast/aggressive at time. 75+ at times. So that prob doesn't help the mpgs. What do you do pull those numbers?
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #2580
compcrasher86
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marblehead, MA, Henrietta, NY
Posts: 6,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Wow thats pretty good mpgs. I can not get that good. Idk what im doing wrong. I only got 19.8 mpg from the trip from home to va tech. Then again there was city mixed a bit, stop and go traffic, and some sitting idling. So that probably didn't help. When I go home for winter break. Gonna do a straight trip to home. It will be like 99% highway. I also drive fast/aggressive at time. 75+ at times. So that prob doesn't help the mpgs. What do you do pull those numbers?
All highway, set cruise control to 63, far right lane, pass nobody (except trucks up big hills that are doing like 45), try to ignore the truckers flying by you downhill. It takes alot of patience ignoring the people zipping by doing 80 but worth it plus you're following the speed limit so you'll be the last to get a speeding ticket. If I do 75+, to hell am I doing anything better than 20mpg lol! You gotta remember you're pushing a brick through the air... it gets much worse as you go faster. A week back up in Rochester and my Avg is down to 18, roads around here though the state speed limits are 50 so if I do longer trips (other than the 2am walmart/wegmans runs) I can still pull 20+.

I time traffic lights and I also downshift my Jeep coming up to changing reds so I dont have to come to a stop and waste the gas accelerating through 1st again. My roommate actually taught me how to do this its really cool I usually dont do it when I'm pulling out of OD because of the unpredictable electric lag but the 3-2 shift I can make the physical shift and them time a tap on the gas pedal to perfectly rev-match the engine to the tranny so that when its shifting it doesnt have to wear the clutches getting the engine to the same speed as the gear ratio permits. Then from there it uses engine braking to slow the Jeep down and you literally watch your speedo fall without having to hit your brakes hard. I'll see if I can take a video some time from 55-60 getting off the highway its awesome and is great at slowing you down especially when the ECU hits fuel cut.
__________________
98 XJ Sport | i6 | AW4 | 231 | Stone White | Agate Leather

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.