Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 171 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Halloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #2551
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
I used to think that, until the bug bit me. HAHAH
Well the bug bit me between Jr/Snr year of high school when I got the WJ to be officially mine instead of "in the family"

I've 'tried' to not let it affect my grades and school work too much!

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #2552
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Bilsteins instead of Skycrapper. Just get something worth it. This is a long-term project for you, but you're not in a position to continually spend money on your Jeep. So save up to do it right as you can. Everyone wants to cheap out on shocks, but there seems no point. If you can't afford to mod your Jeep, then you can't afford to mod your Jeep. Be ready for all the extra, unanticipated complications that may result as well.

Now I'm wondering what the difference is between 5100's and 5125's. A few extra dollars? LOL

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #2553
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
Bilsteins instead of Skycrapper. Just get something worth it. This is a long-term project for you, but you're not in a position to continually spend money on your Jeep. So save up to do it right as you can. Everyone wants to cheap out on shocks, but there seems no point. If you can't afford to mod your Jeep, then you can't afford to mod your Jeep. Be ready for all the extra, unanticipated complications that may result as well.

Now I'm wondering what the difference is between 5100's and 5125's. A few extra dollars? LOL
Hopefully, I can get some Christmas money. I am not putting the lift on until break anyway. So I will see how it goes. I agree with that too. I can afford 5100's right now but that wouldn't be the smarted thing to spend the 300 bucks on right now.

I am not sure on what the difference is. I would like to find out.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #2554
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Took the Jeep for a spin tonight. The Idle seems to be normal: Engine warm, in Drive, AC on, fan on 3/4 and idles right at about 600 RPM's... does that seem low? For me that seems low. When I let of the brake now too, it really doesnt move until I hit the gas a bit... It used to have a little more 'umph' when it was just in drive with no gas no break. Maybe I am just paranoid... But the Jeep seems to have lost some of its 'umph' even for the 6 banger. Again, probably paranoid.

Taking it out tomorrow to do some shopping and running around.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #2555
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think you're getting yourself all paranoid. The i6 is a pretty well balanced engine but it idles nowhere near as smooth and quiet as its v8 counterparts. Also there shouldn't be any OOMPH when you let off the brake, mine will just roll forward slowly up to like 5-6mph if I remember correctly. Then again if you have to give it gas to get rolling then something is wrong (torque converter slip, dragging brake caliper, etc)

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #2556
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I think you're getting yourself all paranoid. The i6 is a pretty well balanced engine but it idles nowhere near as smooth and quiet as its v8 counterparts. Also there shouldn't be any OOMPH when you let off the brake, mine will just roll forward slowly up to like 5-6mph if I remember correctly. Then again if you have to give it gas to get rolling then something is wrong (torque converter slip, dragging brake caliper, etc)
I thought I was going crazy.

Yeah when I let off the brake it will start moving like normal. (I think I was on a hill. Not used to the higher elevation and all the hills!!)

SEE what HAPPENS when I didn't have my Jeep for all that TIME!?!?! I lost my marbles!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #2557
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Idle varies with the 4.0, also. Mine is at around 500 rpm once it gets warmed up. It's always been that way for the 4 1/2 years I've had it. Cleaned the TB and IAC, full tune-up, new fuel-pump. No idea what's up. If it were the TPS, I'd think I'd have wilder symptoms. Ah well, it doesn't die or anything, just idles rough. It's gotten rougher over the years, too. Then I probably could use new motor mounts. Of course, if I could get an idle of 600rpm, it'd probably smooth things out considerably. 600 sounds normal for a 4.0. They're all quirky buggers though. I think they're all women who've been reincarnated as a Jeep motor to make up for not letting their men mod their Jeeps in a former life.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #2558
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
Idle varies with the 4.0, also. Mine is at around 500 rpm once it gets warmed up. It's always been that way for the 4 1/2 years I've had it. Cleaned the TB and IAC, full tune-up, new fuel-pump. No idea what's up. If it were the TPS, I'd think I'd have wilder symptoms. Ah well, it doesn't die or anything, just idles rough. It's gotten rougher over the years, too. Then I probably could use new motor mounts. Of course, if I could get an idle of 600rpm, it'd probably smooth things out considerably. 600 sounds normal for a 4.0. They're all quirky buggers though. I think they're all women who've been reincarnated as a Jeep motor to make up for not letting their men mod their Jeeps in a former life.
I think if it idled at 500 and it would really rough. When mine idles at 700-750 at time, it is much better then like 600 ha. I keep expecting to feel like it is off when it is running. Which is setting that standard way too high!

Yeah mine doesn't show any signs of dying or anything like that (knock on wood)

It is just not as smooth as modern engines, as that has been stated. I will have my Jeep enthusiastic and mechanic friend at Va Tech look at my Transmission and Engine Motor mounts and see how they are.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #2559
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

What my friends call me in the 4x4 club at VT

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #2560
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Ok, whats the WS for?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #2561
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
Ok, whats the WS for?
It's a J, Mr. WJ lol

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #2562
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86

It's a J, Mr. WJ lol
Oh Ok, then i see, lol!

Mr WJ it is.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #2563
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah that is my new name! hahah

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #2564
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Ok Mr WJ, time to change your username?

Unread 12-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #2565
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Ok Mr WJ, time to change your username?
I don't think I will, everyone knows my current username. LOL! I'll add it somewhere.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.