Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 148 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #2206
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
You said your dad did the install on the heating pad you have, which is only on the driver's side? So you've not done the passenger side, and you didn't do the work yourself? I think I'm just getting confused. I have the blasted heated seats, but I couldn't figure out how to get them to work. I took WJ heated seats and installed them in my ZJ. Darn but they're cold during the winter. I don't know if they have the replacement heating pads either, the ones after the recall, or if they'd even work. They were in a wrecked WJ in a junkyard with a smashed in windshield. I had to do quite a bit of work to get them cleaned up. I think they'd weathered the winter like that.
I am sorry for the confusion. Hopefully the following will clear it all up.
My dad a good 4 years back bought the heating pads, and installed them himself on only the driver's side. He said it was an easy job for wiring. However what was hard was getting the seat material on and then back on. I have cloth seats mind you and not the leather. I can only imagine that the work was pretty straight forward. Also the heating pad that was used was an aftermarket brand and nothing related to Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
yes its gonna be a DD for a while
That sounds like a plan! Just could not be with out a WJ!

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #2207
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Alright guys, finally battery options.

I have been HEARING a lot of smack recently on Optimas after some company bought them out. I am torn between getting a yellow top and just a regular battery (but one with really high CCA)

Here is what I am looking at:
Optima Yellow top with 750 CCA / 870CA Here Now I really like this one because it has the second set of terminals on the front where I can put my audio wires

I was also looking at just the 'standard' group 65 battery.
AutoCraft Gold Battery with 850 CCA and 1000 CA Here

So I am pretty torn between the two right now. Just because I am not 100% sure on all the CCA stuff and if it makes that much a difference between the two. Also if Optima has really started to go to trash since the new company bought them out. Also is there a 'bigger' more powerful Optima yellow that will fit in the WJ tray?

Thanks!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #2208
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I am also considering a new battery before the winter, its from PO + 2.5 year with me, i know it was a bit weak when sitting for weeks last winter in -20 C. Really dont want any hazzle with that when i Go up mountain this year, so to be in the safe side i Will buy a new one.

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #2209
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Found out some information about various batteries tonight at the Off-Road Club meeting. We were on the subject of wiring at the Tech Session so it fit in nicely. Haha

Best Battery out there for winches, extra load, etc is Odyssey Batteries. (Not to mention the very long life span and warranty)
http://www.odysseybattery.com/batteries.html

Second Best - Yellow Tops/Blue Tops

I still think that a Yellow Top would be best for the Grand because of the audio, and the Yellow Top can handle that mess being a deep cycle. There are bigger yellow tops that are bigger then the D34/78 that will fit in the Jeep. But I am not sure that

But that pretty much sums its all up.

I am most likely going to go with a Yellow Top now though

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #2210
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I know you did some resurch on this and what i need to know is what type battery is best for extreme cold? Like -22 F.
Also what is the stock size battery, in Ah?

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #2211
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
I know you did some resurch on this and what i need to know is what type battery is best for extreme cold? Like -22 F.
Also what is the stock size battery, in Ah?

Sent from my Iphone4
Odyssey would most likely be able to handle that better then any others. Their CCA's are almost 1000

What do you mean stock size? The physical size is the "Group 65" size

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #2212
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
What do you mean stock size? The physical size is the "Group 65" size
Ok, i Think they Go by different standards over here, thanks anyway.

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #2213
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Ok, i Think they Go by different standards over here, thanks anyway.

Sent from my Iphone4
I am not sure how it goes over there. But for the US its Group 65 OR 65. I mean if you order a battery from a US site that is the size to look for.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #2214
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I Think i am going to buy it here, doing some more resurch whats availeble, never heard of oddysie either, has Optima really become that bad? I remember back in the days, ha ha ha ha, they wore really good batts.

I have had Exide Sønnak batteries before that handled really well.

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #2215
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I Think i am going to buy it here, doing some more resurch whats availeble, never heard of oddysie either, has Optima really become that bad? I remember back in the days, ha ha ha ha, they wore really good batts.

I have had Exide Sønnak batteries before that handled really well.

Sent from my Iphone4
I was told that Odyssey is like the best of the best. Their warranty is also a longer period of time too.

Statistics are semi-biased. People only ***** and complain when things are NOT working most of the time. Therefore most of the time when things are working properly, no one has anything to really talk about. When Optima went over-seas it kinda gave them a bad rap. People are saying that they are usually okay but they you can also get a lemon here and there. In the US, we have some auto stores that carry Optima's and then also give a warranty on it so I can just go to the store and get a new one if it broke/failed/etc.

I am still gonna go for the yellow-top.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #2216
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Good choice i Think, i am worried about that cold, gonna check it out some more, when i can find the time, working all the time these days.

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #2217
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Good choice i Think, i am worried about that cold, gonna check it out some more, when i can find the time, working all the time these days.

Sent from my Iphone4
Yeah you really do have some extreme temps. I would also invest in a remote start system too!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #2218
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Yeah you really do have some extreme temps. I would also invest in a remote start system too!
Its on the list, just not right now...

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #2219
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Its on the list, just not right now...

Sent from my Iphone4
Same here. Do not need it immediately, but on the list for me. By the end of November.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:22 PM   #2220
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
WOW.... for so long I.... I cant believe just now I realized his name is like snow-board-kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
DUDE! i've been trying to figure it out too. so i just kinda sound it out
snob-rd-kid (is how i thought of it) no offense bro!

haha and i bet everyone thinks i'm high as a cut smoking weed, when in actuality i dont smoke, never have, and HI meaning Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
HAH! Man no offense but I thought there was a correlation too cus the "always-high" but you're right on the bat I always thought it was snob-rd-kid too LOL.
LOL Guys! "Snowboarder Kid". I just took out some letters Sno Brdr Kid = Snobrdrkid

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.