Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 139 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #2071
Ljohn221
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ
halos..bumper lights and rock lights
Looks like I gotta get some rock lights. Haha

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljohns-1999-wj-build-forum-1188750/#post11260881
Ljohn221 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #2072
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Just paid 750 for new front rotors and front break pads... That sucked!
Sweet, then you do not have to worry about that for a while. 

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #2073
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Sweet, then you do not have to worry about that for a while. 

Sent from my Iphone4
Oh, lol, that was on the Mercedes...

When I do breaks for the Jeep, going through Kolak!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #2074
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Oh, lol, that was on the Mercedes...

When I do breaks for the Jeep, going through Kolak!
Oh i see, i thought it seemed a little much for Jeep brakes.

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #2075
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Oh i see, i thought it seemed a little much for Jeep brakes.

Sent from my Iphone4
I am pretty sure that I would be yelled at for spending that much on Jeep breaks! haha
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #2076
WJHype
2001 WJ 

Why did you have to pay for the brakes on the Mercedes? Isn't that one of your parent's cars?
WJHype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #2077
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJHype View Post
Why did you have to pay for the brakes on the Mercedes? Isn't that one of your parent's cars?
Well more clarification... DAD spent 750. But that is a hella lot, guess cause it is a Mercedes

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #2078
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Mercedes are NOT worth that kind of money. They are insanely high maintenance and low dependability. I don't get the appeal. The "I'm cool" factor? I'd rather have my Jeep.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:48 AM   #2079
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
Mercedes are NOT worth that kind of money. They are insanely high maintenance and low dependability. I don't get the appeal. The "I'm cool" factor? I'd rather have my Jeep.
word.lol
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #2080
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard
Hmmm. Surprisingly in our cases id have to disagree. Dad got the 2003 e320 used for a good deal. Now has 136k miles. Hasn't had one problem except normal maintainence. The breaks had about 70k miles on them. Besides from normal scheduled maintainence stuff. Haven't had a problem. (Knock on wood). The ride is really really nice and quiet too. On the other hand my stepdad's BMW had so many freaking problems it was insane. To the tune of 22,000 dollars of repairs over a few years. (He bought a 1000 dollar repair plan from dealer that covered all of that, thank gosh, no way in hell we could have afforded that). He went to a mercedes as well. Not one problem so far. Mom has a 2007 BMW 330I and has had problems but no where near the extent as the other BMW, her repairs were also covered under the same warrenty.

In our cases, my dad has had a lot of lucky with his benz with minimal repair costs. Seems like my mom and stepdad got screwed with their bmw's haha. I drove the Mercedes this previous weekend when my Jeep was having issues. Yeah it was fun to drive around and a heck of a lot easier to get on the highway (hahaha) and hit 130 really easily if you wanted too. But I would still take my jeep too

My dad even made the comment though, "your jeep needs 750 dollars of maintance every 3 months where my car only needs that every year!" Hahaha

EDIT: that all is going to sound like we have ~money etc. Can't lie and say we don't have any, we do. BUT, here is the catch. I was fortunate enough to have the Jeep handed down to me from my dad/stepmom. (Was bought new in 2004 and has been in the family since). The Jeep is on my dime, insureance/gas/mods/etc. That's why I am tights **** on $$$ for the Jeep. Parents think that I should be responsible for it, and they shouldn't pay for it. I only made so much money working. Now I'm not saying that my mom/dad won't help for big unexpected repairs because they do help. But THAT is why I keep telling y'all that I'M broke haha. College student.... lol. guys. I REALLY hope none of this comes off like I am a spoiled a**h*** or anything.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #2081
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^X2, Mercedes is great quality cars, those german quality nazi's know how to make them last a veeeeeery Long time. Only thing that kill them are rust, but they are still technical strong, Even if they fall apart, after 30 years. Ha ha ha! 

Anyway i wouldnt change my Jeep with a ML, they suck on snow.....

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #2082
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
^^^X2, Mercedes is great quality cars, those german quality nazi's know how to make them last a veeeeeery Long time. Only thing that kill them are rust, but they are still technical strong, Even if they fall apart, after 30 years. Ha ha ha! 

Anyway i wouldnt change my Jeep with a ML, they suck on snow.....

Sent from my Iphone4
Haha. They do make some nice cars that's for sure! I guess we just go screwed with the BMW's. Guess they were built on Fridays at 4:55pm when everyone wanted to go home. Haha. Dad's benz has never seen salt. It looks pretty good under there. Along with both jeeps, we wash the underneath almost as much as we wash the body! Hahaha

When dad/stepmom were looking for a replacement for my jeep, (because they gave it to me) the were considering a Land Rover LR3 and the Mercedes GL 350 diesel. Went with the Land Rover because of all the off road capabilty it has compared to the Mercedes

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #2083
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

BMW=Bayriche Mack Werck

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #2084
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
BMW=Bayriche Mack Werck

Sent from my Iphone4
Jeep. Just Empty Every Pocket

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #2085
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

Wow, I almost bought a bmw off a friend before I got my Jeep

Another Steel Blue WJ named Jenn.
3" IRO Lift, Bilstein 5100s, 32s, Roof basket
JulietheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.