Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 119 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #1771
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ
do those prefilters effect the suction of a CAI at all?
Not sure man. Worth a try though for wheeling in water

Quote:
when you put in your front .75 spacers what way does that angled indent go? ...pointing towards the body ..or pointing towards the isolator?
Sorry for delayed response...

I put them on so the top of the spacer sat flush on the body. It would work the other way... I think it was the bigger opening at the top

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #1772
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

ok thanks for the info on the spacers...and i think im gunna get one of those prefilters ...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #1773
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
ok thanks for the info on the spacers...and i think im gunna get one of those prefilters ...
Yea no problem man! I like the change of people asking me questions over me asking everyone else questions!

If I had a cai and knowing me and the stupid crap id do... for example hitting all the puddles and driving through lots of water... id get it.

When you drive through deep water and it hits the mechanical fan, it splashes everywhere in the engine bay
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #1774
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ
you should get one of these:

I stole that from moony's thread. all copyrights to moony thread inc.
I can not see the point of CAI when they draw in hot air from engine compartment and not fresh air from the grill as the stock setup Does. Also it aint Any advantage to have a smaller plenum, the stock setup has a larger plenum with the resonator box. I belive That is better!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #1775
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
I can not see the point of CAI when they draw in hot air from engine compartment and not fresh air from the grill as the stock setup Does. Also it aint Any advantage to have a smaller plenum, the stock setup has a larger plenum with the resonator box. I belive That is better!
i made my own heat shield and intake...and it bumped up my MPGs alot... and i always check the air filter and its alway cold ill snap some pictures of my setup later

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #1776
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

There is a heat sheild that blocks a lot of the heat so it sucks it up from the bottom. Supposedly

Less restriction. More air and easier.

Sounds louder too

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #1777
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

i made my own heat shield and intake...and it bumped up my MPGs alot... and i always check the air filter and its alway cold ill snap some pictures of my setup later
Bump!

Take pics

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #1778
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Bump!

Take pics
^^^X2 i Really want to see, What do you guys Think about plenum size of the intake theory, i know people have tried it out at BMW's before and Dyno shows That stock can be better over CAI due to larger plenum....
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #1779
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

^^^X2 i Really want to see, What do you guys Think about plenum size of the intake theory, i know people have tried it out at BMW's before and Dyno shows That stock can be better over CAI due to larger plenum....
Hmmmm I'm not sure what a plenum is... where is it?

K&N designed the intake for optimal everything on this case.

BMW already designed their stuff stock super awesome compared to stock jeep

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #1780
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Hmmmm I'm not sure what a plenum is... where is it?

K&N designed the intake for optimal everything on this case.

BMW already designed their stuff stock super awesome compared to stock jeep
By plenum i mean the volume of the intake....

Unread 09-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #1781
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

By plenum i mean the volume of the intake....
I'm still not exactly getting this. Lol. Split between jeep forum and calculus class

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #1782
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Volume of air between the filter and TB, Go study man!

Unread 09-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #1783
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Volume of air between the filter and TB, Go study man!
Ohhhhh. I got what you're saying now haha. Wow that took too long. Well honestly I'm not sure. Would have to do some research...

Ahhh calculus, isn't that hard

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #1784
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Yea no problem man! I like the change of people asking me questions over me asking everyone else questions!

If I had a cai and knowing me and the stupid crap id do... for example hitting all the puddles and driving through lots of water... id get it.

When you drive through deep water and it hits the mechanical fan, it splashes everywhere in the engine bay

the filter cover or pre filter are only good for mist and drop of water not for going threw a puddle or lakes, its like water resistant . mainly its for keeping things form getting stuck int he groves liek bugs and dirt. http://www.knfilters.com/search/wrap.aspx

tell me about the fan getting everything everywhere. i went wheeling when i rain and mos of the road turned to mud my engine bay was covered all over in mud still cleaning iut up lol.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #1785
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
the filter cover or pre filter are only good for mist and drop of water not for going threw a puddle or lakes, its like water resistant . mainly its for keeping things form getting stuck int he groves liek bugs and dirt. http://www.knfilters.com/search/wrap.aspx

tell me about the fan getting everything everywhere. i went wheeling when i rain and mos of the road turned to mud my engine bay was covered all over in mud still cleaning iut up lol.
I guess that would still help! I can see how it would help with bugs too! Keeping crap out of the grooves!

Do you have the mechanical fan too? That is what splashes everywhere! The electric fan isnt bad because it is in the shroud

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.