Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 111 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 09-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #1651
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
Thomahawk,
rezeppa utilized CV joints on both ends of the driveshaft, as double cardan is u-joints. U-joints allow the driveshaft to be at a more severe angle, yet still easily do the job...to put it simply.

Snobrdkid, the drive shaft you have now is the same as mine and many others. It'll handle up to a 3.5" lift at the most.
You think that I should get that drive shaft and get a the yoke for the t-case? 60 for shaft shipped and the yoke was like 60 bucks. All together a 120 dollar ish upgrade.

I think my rzeppa joint at the t-case is making some noise cause when i have it in 4x4 i am hearing some whine or something.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #1652
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Thanks guys now i know and learned something new today also. So the u joint can handle more of an angle and is stronger right?
I may have to look into this soon, cause of the vibrations i described, maybe its better i just upgrade to dobbel cardon with u joint Than struggling with That crappy cv joint?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #1653
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

You think that I should get that drive shaft and get a the yoke for the t-case? 60 for shaft shipped and the yoke was like 60 bucks. All together a 120 dollar ish upgrade.

I think my rzeppa joint at the t-case is making some noise cause when i have it in 4x4 i am hearing some whine or something.
Offcourse, just empty every pocket, you save alot These days anyway not using your Jeep. Cant belive How cheap things Are for you guys over There......

Lucky bastards! 
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #1654
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Thanks guys now i know and learned something new today also. So the u joint can handle more of an angle and is stronger right?
I may have to look into this soon, cause of the vibrations i described, maybe its better i just upgrade to dobbel cardon with u joint Than struggling with That crappy cv joint?
To my current knowledge and what I have picked up here on JeepForum and Pirate4x4:
- Double Cardon Joint is better then a CV joint.
- Double cardon can handle more of an angle for a lift.
- U-Joints are ususally better then a CV

Go under your Jeep and take pics like I did and post up! Lets see what you got!

There are so many variations that Jeep did with the front driveshafts!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #1655
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post

If it fits, thats one hell of a deal!!

Quote:
Correct, and upgrading while your in there sure wouldn't hurt.

There are different types of driveshafts that you need to remember:

I have the double cardan-rzeppa, and its doing well at 3" of lift.

Rzeppa-rzeppa is the worst it gets, and I've read of guys blowing them up with a BB while climbing a curb. Haha
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #1656
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
If it fits, thats one hell of a deal!!

Correct, and upgrading while your in there sure wouldn't hurt.

There are different types of driveshafts that you need to remember:

I have the double cardan-rzeppa, and its doing well at 3" of lift.

Rzeppa-rzeppa is the worst it gets, and I've read of guys blowing them up with a BB while climbing a curb. Haha
Well did you see the picture of the drive shaft that was for sale on ebay? did you also see the picture of my front drive shaft? I'd have to buy the yoke separate. I plan on going 2-3 inches down the road. So it is worth buying that shaft of ebay now and just holding on to it?

Which end is your double cardon joint on? t-case or the axle?

My front drive shaft setup is not pictured above lol.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #1657
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I Will check it out when its back in My hands and i have the time again, i have a friend that work is a mechanic That owes me some favours, cause i Made all the electric instalation in his house.

It havent been like this before, maybe its just because i am seeing 100k miles soon. Used to run super smooth in 105 mph and more, no vibration ever, but latly i Get theese minor vibs at 75-80mph.

Unread 09-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #1658
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Well did you see the picture of the drive shaft that was for sale on ebay? did you also see the picture of my front drive shaft? I'd have to buy the yoke separate. I plan on going 2-3 inches down the road. So it is worth buying that shaft of ebay now and just holding on to it?

Which end is your double cardon joint on? t-case or the axle?

My front drive shaft setup is not pictured above lol.
My u-joint is on the axle side, cv on transfer case.
Yeah, I believe you have the same drive shaft as me, but you also said it was whining correct? I'm on my phone right now so pics aren't loading too well...(let me say, being in school SUCKS right now, lol)
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #1659
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I Will check it out when its back in My hands and i have the time again, i have a friend that work is a mechanic That owes me some favours, cause i Made all the electric instalation in his house.

It havent been like this before, maybe its just because i am seeing 100k miles soon. Used to run super smooth in 105 mph and more, no vibration ever, but latly i Get theese minor vibs at 75-80mph.
Yea okay! Don't forget lol! My Jeep get like 6 miles to the gallon at 102 mph. tehehehehe

Describe the vibes? where do you feel them? Steering wheel? Whole jeep?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #1660
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
My u-joint is on the axle side, cv on transfer case.
Yeah, I believe you have the same drive shaft as me, but you also said it was whining correct? I'm on my phone right now so pics aren't loading too well...(let me say, being in school SUCKS right now, lol)
I have a single u-joint at the axle and a rzeppa CV at the t-case. That is why i would need a new yoke when and if I get that driveshaft. I think that it will already meet up with my axle fine seeing how my current shaft and this new shaft both have a u-joint.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #1661
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

You said the new driveshaft is 31"s?
Did you go under and measure yours as well?
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #1662
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
You said the new driveshaft is 31"s?
Did you go under and measure yours as well?
Ebay seller - "Cherokee front drive shaft in good shape. Measures 31 inches from ujoint center to ujoint center when collapsed. Extends approx 4 inches. Length generally found on 4.0, automatic Cherokees 87-02 and Grands 93-95. Please measure your current drive shaft to make sure that it will fit your Jeep."

That is the listed description. But the title also mentions grand Cherokee.

nope I have not measured mine, I am in college at Virginia Tech and wont have my Jeep for the first semester.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #1663
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Ahhh...sorry bro, this is where my knowledge shortens out...hopefully some one else can chip in.
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #1664
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Ahhh...sorry bro, this is where my knowledge shortens out...hopefully some one else can chip in.
Gonna post up in the technical about the shaft.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #1665
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Yea okay! Don't forget lol! My Jeep get like 6 miles to the gallon at 102 mph. tehehehehe

Describe the vibes? where do you feel them? Steering wheel? Whole jeep?
No, nothing like That, nothing in steering wheel or the whole Jeep, its just a very small vibration like Uneven road surface but its speed related, and i am Really sure its drivetrain. Dosnt usualy drive in That speed all the time so it hasnt been a big bigger yet, but something That i need to track down when i Get the time.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.