Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 51 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #751 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 08:28 AM
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,944
Cutting grass FTMFW. i started when I was 13, and I'm still doing it this generation of kids SUCKS. hell I can't find anyone my age that has car, let alone a jeep, and working on cars is an unknown concept to them.

sucks living right next to a huge city.


1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg
Posts: 8,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
Cutting grass FTMFW. i started when I was 13, and I'm still doing it this generation of kids SUCKS. hell I can't find anyone my age that has car, let alone a jeep, and working on cars is an unknown concept to them.

sucks living right next to a huge city.
Same here, been doing lawns for YEARS! Been a great source of income, especially with the monopoly i am running in my neighborhood.

I have 2 maybe 3 really good friends who have the same thoughts and interests that I have. Works, have cars, love cars, have a freaking sense of reality. I am LOATHING these current 14-15-16 year old kids right now... they are all just stupid. And it makes me so mad!

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~ Snobrdrkid07's ~ Overland Build Thread ~ Blue WJ "Build" Thread ~ Jeep Videos ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Trans Aux Cooler Info ~



-Michael-
snobrdrkid07 is offline  
post #753 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 08:46 AM
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Same here, been doing lawns for YEARS! Been a great source of income, especially with the monopoly i am running in my neighborhood.

I have 2 maybe 3 really good friends who have the same thoughts and interests that I have. Works, have cars, love cars, have a freaking sense of reality. I am LOATHING these current 14-15-16 year old kids right now... they are all just stupid. And it makes me so mad!
x2 and I'm a bit younger than you, so its even harder for me to find friends who enjoy working on cars, or are at least interested. Hell, I'd be glad to teach someone all I know if he were to just at least freakin try.

1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline  
post #754 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg
Posts: 8,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
x2 and I'm a bit younger than you, so its even harder for me to find friends who enjoy working on cars, or are at least interested. Hell, I'd be glad to teach someone all I know if he were to just at least freakin try.
Oh really you are? Yea I am only 18.

I do oil, tire rotation, etc etc. Yea I do not blame you at all, I'd for sure help someone if they were willing to at least try!

Edit: Noooooooo.... why are you six hours away from meee!!!

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~ Snobrdrkid07's ~ Overland Build Thread ~ Blue WJ "Build" Thread ~ Jeep Videos ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Trans Aux Cooler Info ~



-Michael-
snobrdrkid07 is offline  
post #755 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 AM
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Oh really you are? Yea I am only 18.

I do oil, tire rotation, etc etc. Yea I do not blame you at all, I'd for sure help someone if they were willing to at least try!

Edit: Noooooooo.... why are you six hours away from meee!!!
I too do all the work on my jeep (with some help from my dad if needed) I've never taken it somewhere to get work done on it. The only time I'd take it to a stealership, is to get a recal done, lol.

yeah, i is far away there are *some* jeepers around here, but most of em are older. Charlotte has a lot of hispanics, blacks, and a lot of people from up north. its a complete melting pot here. Lets just say, there are a lot of ricers and gangbager cars here. I want to be out in the country.

1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline  
post #756 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 11:04 AM
WJHype
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 223
Where are you in Charlotte? I live in the SouthPark area and all I see around here is foreign luxury cars. I do see a lot of lifted jeeps too surprisingly. Most are lifted 4DR JKs though.
WJHype is offline  
post #757 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 11:09 AM
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,944
yeah I'm southeast, I technically live in matthews, but I'm 3 minutes from Chatlotte city limits so I put my location as charlotte (better known ya know)

1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline  
post #758 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg
Posts: 8,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
I too do all the work on my jeep (with some help from my dad if needed) I've never taken it somewhere to get work done on it. The only time I'd take it to a stealership, is to get a recal done, lol.

yeah, i is far away there are *some* jeepers around here, but most of em are older. Charlotte has a lot of hispanics, blacks, and a lot of people from up north. its a complete melting pot here. Lets just say, there are a lot of ricers and gangbager cars here. I want to be out in the country.
Ahhh! Dad and cars! Warms my heart!

I know people who work at dealerships... had the rear main seal and crank case seal and oil pan gasket go and had it replaced for 500. That was something that my dad and I didn't feel sure enough to tackle. But my friend who works a Jeep dealership did it for me at his own garage/shop and charged 500 instead of the dealer 1200.

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~ Snobrdrkid07's ~ Overland Build Thread ~ Blue WJ "Build" Thread ~ Jeep Videos ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Trans Aux Cooler Info ~



-Michael-
snobrdrkid07 is offline  
post #759 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 03:27 PM
robd2003
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vincennes, IN
Posts: 1,340
Im 20, have 2 friends who like to work on cars/jeeps. I mow my own lawn as since i have bought my own place. Other news also is im getting rid of my beloved WJ, and i have a new project waiting to be put in the garage.

[teaser pic of the new toy]

Jeeps:
99' XJ<->5.5" Lift; 35's; SYE; Winch; much more goodies too
02' WJ<->Rebuilt from wreck, still stock
robd2003 is offline  
post #760 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 03:30 PM
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Ahhh! Dad and cars! Warms my heart!

I know people who work at dealerships... had the rear main seal and crank case seal and oil pan gasket go and had it replaced for 500. That was something that my dad and I didn't feel sure enough to tackle. But my friend who works a Jeep dealership did it for me at his own garage/shop and charged 500 instead of the dealer 1200.
Hell yeah, if youve got the connections then takin it somewhere is actually pretty nice! if they mess somethin up, its on their dime aha.

I am planning on an engine rebuild this fall! it should be a great learning experience.

1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline  
post #761 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg
Posts: 8,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
Im 20, have 2 friends who like to work on cars/jeeps. I mow my own lawn as since i have bought my own place. Other news also is im getting rid of my beloved WJ, and i have a new project waiting to be put in the garage.

[teaser pic of the new toy]
Ahhhh Projects! Always fun! Really nice to have friends that share the exact same interest and have a real passion for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
Hell yeah, if youve got the connections then takin it somewhere is actually pretty nice! if they mess somethin up, its on their dime aha.

I am planning on an engine rebuild this fall! it should be a great learning experience.
Connections are nice for sure! Seeing how I am no where near a master mechanic.

I told my dad, "dad, If the engine needs rebuilt, it is being rebuilt as a 4.6+ liter engine, no exceptions"

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~ Snobrdrkid07's ~ Overland Build Thread ~ Blue WJ "Build" Thread ~ Jeep Videos ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Trans Aux Cooler Info ~



-Michael-
snobrdrkid07 is offline  
post #762 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg
Posts: 8,574
Did a project for my neighbor today. Lawn related of course. It is really nice to have a Jeep with the tow package, a best friend with a 6.5x12 trailer by Holmes, and some gas. I6 did okay seeing how much weight it was. Still hit 70 mph. Weight combined 1500 trailer plus 50 bags at 50 pounds a piece so, 2500 pounds of rocks. So 4000 or so pounds, I could DEFINITELY feel it back there and getting 11 mpg towing it.

So I am working on a rock garden that will eventually feature a waterfall that will be lit with lights. should be pretty awesome when done! Got the edging and base coat of rocks down. ideas for a waterfall?

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~ Snobrdrkid07's ~ Overland Build Thread ~ Blue WJ "Build" Thread ~ Jeep Videos ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Trans Aux Cooler Info ~



-Michael-
snobrdrkid07 is offline  
post #763 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 07:46 PM
robd2003
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vincennes, IN
Posts: 1,340
Thats pretty cool, maybe you can do some lawn work for me! lol. The project is to get it running and driveable first. ha, then lift wheel adapters, and 4wd conversion

Jeeps:
99' XJ<->5.5" Lift; 35's; SYE; Winch; much more goodies too
02' WJ<->Rebuilt from wreck, still stock
robd2003 is offline  
post #764 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg
Posts: 8,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
Thats pretty cool, maybe you can do some lawn work for me! lol. The project is to get it running and drivable first. ha, then lift wheel adapters, and 4wd conversion
Jeep did well for probably over 8000 pounds total weight between the car and trailer. If you were close I would! I love getting cash/checks w/o taxes

That is a really good pace to start! 4x4 conversion will be sweet!

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~ Snobrdrkid07's ~ Overland Build Thread ~ Blue WJ "Build" Thread ~ Jeep Videos ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Trans Aux Cooler Info ~



-Michael-
snobrdrkid07 is offline  
post #765 of 6770 Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 PM
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Did a project for my neighbor today. Lawn related of course. It is really nice to have a Jeep with the tow package, a best friend with a 6.5x12 trailer by Holmes, and some gas. I6 did okay seeing how much weight it was. Still hit 70 mph. Weight combined 1500 trailer plus 50 bags at 50 pounds a piece so, 2500 pounds of rocks. So 4000 or so pounds, I could DEFINITELY feel it back there and getting 11 mpg towing it.

So I am working on a rock garden that will eventually feature a waterfall that will be lit with lights. should be pretty awesome when done! Got the edging and base coat of rocks down. ideas for a waterfall?
I dunno about you (it sounds like you do), but I really enjoy the work I do! Especially the nice yards....

plus you cant beat tax free money...

1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline  
Reply

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
WJ Build Thread tsconver Grand Cherokee General Discussion 249 12-02-2015 07:46 AM
ZJ dd build as i go thread BlackDaddyZJ Grand Cherokee General Discussion 151 11-05-2012 03:58 PM
I guess its time for my build thread, "Build thread." Escout03 Grand Cherokee General Discussion 81 11-13-2011 12:45 PM
My Build Thread zjrick812 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 11-16-2010 08:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome