Smalls WK Build Thread. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Smalls WK Build Thread.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

Smalls WK Build Thread.

Might as well join the bandwagon

This is my first Jeep. I originally bought it to pull my bike around at the time (09 R6). I figured I would off-road it a little bit, but coming from Imports and doing a little bit of Rally Cross and Snow Cross, I knew the mod bug was going to bite me hard.

So what we have here is a 2007 Wk with the 4.7 Flex Fuel, QTII, and 29K miles when I bought it in OCT 2010.

First day home:

DSC00008 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

Then the bug bit me, less than two months later and I needed a quick fix. So I bought a Rough Country Budget Boost and some 265/70 Falken Wild Peaks.

I also De-Badged it.

Post Lift:

DSC00101 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

Post Tires:

DSC00115 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

Then I did a little bit of wheeling with it at the Green Ridge ORV Trail, with a local Jeep club that I've joined and have had a blast since day 1.

Also added some S4xc shackle mounts and modified a little bit to accept my D-Rings.

DSC00161 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

DSC00162 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

DSC00173 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

207262_163304583725883_100001390277406_366924_4012 85_n by SmallsVw, on Flickr

Unread 07-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

Then I bought some Moabs:

DSC00206 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

1.25 "lug-Centric" wheel spacers, which I have sinced removed due to spectacular failure. Either deciding between hub-centric or different wheels all together. I currently have 5/16ths slabs to clear the Moabs:

DSC00200 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

The roomates Superlifted '05:

DSC00199 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

Since I got more and more into trails and club activities, learning more and more everyday about my vehicle, and just gathering knowledge from this site about off-roading in genera;. I added a Cobra 19, with a 3ft Firestick and a RH S4xc Mount. I also mounted a 5lb FE on the DS Rear D-Pillar:

DSC00213 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

DSC00217 by SmallsVw, on Flickr

DSC00215 by SmallsVw, on Flickr
Unread 07-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

Since reading more and more into the technical side of my WK, in regards to the IFS, which some feel lacking, and other various geometry bits. I've decided I don't like the current set-up for what I intend to do with it. I would like to be able to do blues comfortably at Rausch Creek come this time next year. Maybe even dabble in some blacks.

I'm into some awesome moeny currently coming in at work so I've made a to do list and they will be done in this order:

OME HD kit-- HD for the reason that I do intend to add skids and a bumper in the near future. I may or may not add the 1in spacer to it. Haven't decided yet.
JBA UCA's-- To fix my current Ball-joint angle, which frightens me to do serious off-roading
JBA Sway Bar Disco's

Then I plan on doing all of my fluids since I'm nearing the 40K mark.

Then either the ASFIR front skid/belly skid plate or a few plates from 4xguard as well as a few OEM steel plates since I have NONE to start.
Roof Rack
AFE Intake
FlashPaq
Exhaust
Possibly Wheel Spacers

Around the begining of November we get a work bonus, which will be buying 4xG Rock Rails and probably a Crane Diff Cover.

Tax season. I've cleared this with the significant other, that is "my" money. And a S4xc front bumper with more than likely a Warn Powerpack.

Then throughout next year, I plan on toughing up whatever breaks and possibly adding a rear locker and some Aux lighting along the way.

So stay tuned!
Unread 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Very clean build, loving it man! I too came from an import scene, and as soon as i got the lift done, brainstorming for modifications havent stopped. haha.

Keep it coming man!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
CmmdrDan

Big plans. Sounds like a solid one at that. Very nice sir.
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

Thank ya fellas

I hope everything goes to plan, but knowing my luck, that won't be the case. I should have the lift on by mid-september.
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
drcWK17
2006 WK 

How do you like the tires? I've heard good reviews about them and actually just ordered them earlier.
drcWK17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.