Simple rocksliders - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Simple rocksliders

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Im really learning as i go, i was thinking that the pinch seam was going to be stronger than me cutting into the body and welding on it right now. Also this is currently me daily driver so anything i do to it has to be done before work. And the steel i used was free. I think its a great idea though, and may use it later down the road when i can put a cage in it. Thanks

CRJEeP_wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #17
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
No problemo.. also the box steel rockers with the uniframe tie-ins nicely double as rollcage leg supports if you place the tie-ins at right places. Forgot to mention, nice work on the sliders

Thing is, I've just never been too big of a friend of ground-clearance-robbing bolt-on sliders - DIY or not. It's not how they look, it's how they function Especially on a built Jeep like yours, weld- on versions that replace the sheetmetal rockers usually work better, and can also be built to look better and provide function all at the same time

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
baldygo
1996 ZJ 

what kind of front springs are on this beast of a jeep?
and i like how thats your DD
baldygo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #19
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Thanks for the input, I agree. One day when i dont have to drive this thing to work everyday and can have it sit in my driveway tore apart for an extended period, i may tackle a project like that, but its far down the list of things i plan to slowly add.
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #20
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldygo View Post
what kind of front springs are on this beast of a jeep?
5.5" bronco coils up front and 63" chevy leafs in the rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.