Service problem please help me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Service problem please help me

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Taina
2012 KL Cherokee 

Service problem please help me

I am new to this forum and seeking some help and advice. I purchased a new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and have been please with it up until this point. I travel a lot between MA and NY and do my service in one of two dealerships in each state. Yesterday I went to get my Basic oil change and tire rotation done in MA before I hit the road back to NY. After an hour the service worker came to get me and showed me that my bolt was just spinning and they could not get the drain bolt out to change the oil. He informed me that I needed a new oil pan and had to leave it there til tomorrow. I asked if I could get it done at the NY dealership because I had to be to work the next day. He said yes and even gave me a paper to give to that dealer in NY stating that they couldn’t change the oil because the drain bolt was “just spinning”. The dealership in NY informed me that even though I was under the 36,000 mile mark the bolt was not a manufacture’s defect and for this reason would not be covered under the warranty. He also told me that it was likely caused by whoever messed with the bolt last. He told me I would have to pay $1243 for a new oil pan parts and labor. I explained that if damage was done to the bolt it was done by a Chrysler certified service professional because that’s the only people that touch my car and that I shouldn’t have to pay for that. He agreed with me and said that he would call me later which he hasn’t. I immediately called the dealership in MA that tried to change my oil and also they are the same that changed it the last time I had my oil changed. They left me on hold and would not let me talk to the guy that I dealt with yesterday. They put me on hold and said he was with another customer and that he would call me back which he never has. They also said that when they asked him about it that he said that I told him yesterday that I had my oil changed the week prior. I DID NOT SAY THAT IT MAKES NO SENSE SINCE I WAS THERE TO CHANGE MY OIL TO BEGIN WITH. WHY WOULD I CHANGE MY OIL THEN GO THE FOLLOWING WEEK TO CHANGE MY OIL. I was sure that they had me confused with someone else and kept insisting that I was the one that was there to change my oil cause it was due and that they couldn’t because they couldn’t get the bolt off. Then I put two and two together and figured out what was going on. I think they are trying to make it seem like somehow I went somewhere else and someone else damaged my car. This is total BS. I wouldn’t go spend $53000 on a car only to go to some BS oil change shop I ONLY DEAL WITH CERTIFIED CHRYSLER SERVICE PEOPLE. I think that they realized that they are responsible to for the damage and are trying to wash their hands of it. What should I do who should I contact. My husband wants to buy a brand new jeep wrangler next week and I am totally against it since I feel why should I pay $53,000 for this and $38,000 for his only to have to deal with shady service. What can I do is this a lost cause? I expected more from this company and am sooooo disappointed.

Taina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
GRB60
2014 WK 

Take the paperwork from your prior oil change back to the dealer that did it and inform them of the problem. Ask to speak to the service manager if necessary, or to the dealer owner. If the records support that you only have it serviced at dealers you should be fine. If you dealt with only one dealer it would be simpler still.
Good luck.
GRB60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
Taina
2012 KL Cherokee 

I am in NY right now this dealership is in MA. I have my paperwork and they also have it. The service manager won't return my calls. Should I file a complaint with the BBB? What are the chances I'll be successful. What I don't understand is why is it that if one dealership caused damage to car why can't another dealership fix the issue. Is it due to money or acceptance of responsibility? The one here in NY is acting like it's not their problem. I'm willing to drive all the way to MA to get this resolved if I have to but I'm concerned about them telling me NO after I make a 5 hour drive.
Taina is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.