Rules and guidelines for posting
The following are the "Rules" of JeepForum.com. These rules are not etched in stone and can be added to at any time without notice so please check back often. It is your job as a Member to know the up to date rules.
If you have questions about the forum please first consult the software FAQ or the JeepForum FAQ:
Forum Software FAQ: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/faq.php
JeepForum.com FAQ: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118997
Golden Rule - Respect Yourself & Others
- Respect yourself and respect others, else you will be banned without warning and the ban will never be released.
Keep This A Family Forum
- Topics allowed include anything PG-13.(at moderators discretion) No X-Rated pictures, jokes etc. No racist remarks, gender remarks, nor sexual preference slams etc. You will be banned without warning. There will be no tolerance on this.
No Swearing or Flaming
- Swearing (including defeating the automatic censor) flaming, and slamming will not be tolerated. Posts that do not fall within the guidelines of this site will either be edited for content or will be deleted all-together. This is your only warning.
- There is a search function, use it often! ( http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php )
4-wheeling pictures and stories:
- Do not post pictures of write stories about illegal 4-wheeling. This also includes pictures of areas that don't appear on a trail (ie: going through a meadow, power line roads, etc...)
No for sale items in this section!
- This includes GROUP BUYS:nono:
Do Not Pad!
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such. This only serves to clutter the forums.
Locked or Deleted Posts
- If one of your posts is locked or deleted, please do not start another thread dedicated to why it was edited. If you have a problem with your post being locked or deleted, please send a private message to a admin/mod describing the problem.
No Defamatory or Political Signatures
- Leave the polarizing divisive political statements out of your signatures. This is a Jeep Forum and there's no need to push your politics on everyone in every one of your posts.
No Drug or Illegal Related Posts
- Absolutely no threads promoting or condoning illegal drug use or illegal activities.
No Other Website Questions
- Do not post about problems or questions with other websites.
No Raffles or Donation Drives
- Do not use the forum to solicitate. Do not ask for monetary help from users. No raffles or donation drives.
No Spam or Advertising Anything!
- Do not advertise your website/product or product/websites you are affiliated with in any way or shape. If a post is deleted and labeled as advertising then we consider it advertising so please do not post it again.
No Private Message Advertising
- Spamming users using private messages will get you banned no matter who you are. Do not mass advertise through private messages.
Leave if You Don't Like It
- Leave the forum if you do not like the website. Staying here only to complain about how you do not like it will only get you banned.
Grow Some Thick Skin
- If you want to participate on an Internet forum then grow some thick skin. There are thousands of armchair quarterbacks ready to pick you apart. There is an ignore function through the forum software and in your head. Use it.
- Posting of copywritten material (such as links to entire FSM's) is not allowed.
Help Keep This Forum Clean!
Help us moderate the forum, on ever single message on the left side under the name of the person posting you will find an icon that looks like this: Clicking on that button will allow you to write a detailed message to the moderator (or if there is no moderator, to the administrators) as to why the message needs to be fixed. Please let us know if it is porn, spam, slamming another user or any other details you feel are relevant.
- Please try to keep your messages on topic. For this message group, that means talking about the Jeep Grand Cherokees (the ZJ (1998 and older), WJ (1999 to 2004), and the WK (2005 on)) and the problems, desires, capabilities, modifications, ideas and loves / hates that you have about them. The moderators will allow a certain amount of "off-topic" messaging, but please do not push it.
- Swearing, flaming, slamming and spamming will not be tolerated. Posts that do not fall within the guidelines of this site will either be edited for content or will be deleted all together. This is your only warning. Repeat offenders will find their login-IDs and IP addresses banned from using JeepForums.com.
- Pictures maybe posted with your messages. Please check the Registry Section for ideas on how to properly post the pictures that you wish for others to see
- Topics allowed include anything about the Grand Cherokee, including trail / grocery runs, towing, changes in look or function, warranty / non-warranty problems that come up, etcetera.
- Please do not post and repost your questions several times over as the answers are not always immediate. Some people will refrain from answering questions even after reading them if they cannot prove their points of view
- Posts that are nothing but "padding" the post-counter (ie: "I agree") will not be tolerated for long. If you agree, say so, but please add more to the discussion, you do have opinions that you can share!
As times and members change with this group, some questions maybe asked over and over again ...
- - For the old-timers, please be patient with those who are new.
- - To those who are new, you can search the online databases for answers to your questions. If you feel the answers found do not satisfy you, please don't hesitate to post your question here.
- - Sometimes the answers you are looking for may be in other sections, check there as well, as many questions that are asked about the Grand Cherokee may also apply to a Cherokee or Wrangler.
- - Don't forget the general sections under "OffRoad Performance" as there is lots of great information in there as well.
A must read for all.
Grand Cherokee Drivers (ZJ, WJ and WKs),
It is painful to read posts on info that you need without knowing what year model, engine size, or mods that you have that directly correspond to the problem.
When you fill out your signature or sig in your profile, put the type of Grand and essential information where it can be accessed. It helps us to help you.
For example, mine says
5.2 (engine size)
6.5 (lift height)
33s (tire size)
That allows you to know a ton about my jeep without having to ask.
This idea is from Eds97ZJ. Thanks :thumbsup:
Lifts/ tires/ wheels/ etc
if you feel the need to post about a certain type of lift kit / tires/ wheels/ etc. do so by giving good advice. If you've never run that tire, wheel, or lift, please don't make promises or statements for or against that item.
In the past, we have had some great discussions over which kit is better or worse. It still amazes me how Grand Drivers who have never even seen dirt comment on Trail parts and how the trail guys comment on the Street aspect.
We are asking that the comments be positive and with some type of experience. Yes, we all enjoy the banter but, some believe that because they have one type of lift or have only driven one type of 4x4 or 4x2 that they know it all. They don't.
There have been threads on the SRT 8 and the new WK recently that were closed and deleted because of sheer stupidity.
There have been threads on certain lift kits and the companies who manufacture them that read the same.
When you answer the posts, do it as best you can. (Even I dork this up!)
If you wonder where certain posts have gone or certain users, they may be gone or moved onto other boards where they can spread trash.
Yeah, I actually thought this through.
PS. If you PM a Moderator and curse them, expect to get banned. That shouldn't come as a surprise.
STOP BEATING UP THE NEW GUYS
|The time now is 02:49 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.