Rough Country Long Arm 4'' ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Rough Country Long Arm 4'' ZJ

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Rough Country Long Arm 4'' ZJ

Any one considering the new rough country kit?
http://roughcountry.com/jeep_zj_4xla.html

Looks pretty decent and the price is amazing, and its pretty complete. Its probably not anywhere as well built as claytons or IRO, but to get front and rear long arms is pretty decent, and at only 4'' i think it will appeal to allot more people.

I am not getting it, but i just wanted to hear every ones thoughts on it

Unread 03-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

Looks like the only thing it is missing is the rear track bar.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugermack View Post
The only other thing I would add is brake lines.
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugermack View Post
Yeah i forgot to say that, they are using on of their ****ty drop brackets. but that front track bar looks really nice, with the heim at the axel end and a double shear drop like IRO's

You can even keep the tail pipe out the back, you just have to use a shorter muffler. which is really nice if its a daily driver too.
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
The only other thing I would add is brake lines.
That too. although my 93 has really long lines, maybe they were changed by the PO. but i have never had issues with them, but on my 9er i have iro's lines.

They do include line drop brackets but i dont think its enough.

They even include little brackets to pin up the sway bar end links when they are discoed
Unread 03-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
funkyZJ
1998 ZJ 

Thats impressive for 1500 and you get rear longarms. I wish they had this out 3 weeks ago. I would have guinea pigged it instead of my IRO with front only for the same price. Adjustable everything and quick discos. I do like my double shear in front but this kit has a pretty nice one as well.
funkyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Meh, I'll be happy when my stuff from IRO gets here. I don't see the real need for rear long arms if you already have all 4 adjustable in there. At least with 33's.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #8
chicagoniner
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyZJ View Post
Thats impressive for 1500 and you get rear longarms. I wish they had this out 3 weeks ago. I would have guinea pigged it instead of my IRO with front only for the same price. Adjustable everything and quick discos. I do like my double shear in front but this kit has a pretty nice one as well.
Thats 900 bucks from IRO not 1500...

[SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]Looking for Custom Drums? Check out [URL="www.splitnaildrums.com"]SPLIT NAIL DRUMS[/URL][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]
chicagoniner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #9
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoniner View Post
Thats 900 bucks from IRO not 1500...
did i miss something?

edit: the post you had quoted didn't show up before so never mind
Unread 03-23-2011, 01:28 AM   #10
chicagoniner
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ5point2GCL View Post
did i miss something?

edit: the post you had quoted didn't show up before so never mind
My bad, I talked to another company and they said it would be horrible, but why wouldn't they?

[SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]Looking for Custom Drums? Check out [URL="www.splitnaildrums.com"]SPLIT NAIL DRUMS[/URL][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]
chicagoniner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 01:34 AM   #11
RedRock527
1996 ZJ 

It's a competitive price that's for sure.

Although I guess we won't know how it works out until someone tests it out and wheels it!

I think I would want more than 4 inches of lift with it though.
RedRock527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 02:43 AM   #12
Irish_Assassin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

4" with some Iceland flares and 35's would be money. Big rubber and low COG!
COLORADO JEEP CLUB #133
www.militaryjeepers.com
Irish_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #13
Jeepfordan
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone know if rough country will let you only buy the components you need from the kit? I already have springs, front and rear adj JKS track bars. Wonder if they would just let me buy the arms and brackets
1998 XJ- 4.0/AX-15/231- 3.5" RE. 4.10 gears
Jeepfordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #14
Irish_Assassin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Call and ask
COLORADO JEEP CLUB #133
www.militaryjeepers.com
Irish_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #15
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfordan View Post
Does anyone know if rough country will let you only buy the components you need from the kit? I already have springs, front and rear adj JKS track bars. Wonder if they would just let me buy the arms and brackets
They have the long arm upgrade kit available now, all the long arms, quick discos, brackets and TC skid (and a few other odds and ends) for $999.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.