Rip - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Rip

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Closed Thread
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #46
KayCeeJeep
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
My Jeep bug is down right now, but i bet it will bite back hard again.
That's the way it works. Even if you get something else in 3-6-12 months you'll be aching for another Jeep so bad you can't stand it.

Heal up for now though.

KayCeeJeep is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #47
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeeJeep

That's the way it works. Even if you get something else in 3-6-12 months you'll be aching for another Jeep so bad you can't stand it.

Heal up for now though.
Thats my first thought, buy a cheap A$$ CAR,
But then i never will be sattiesfied vs my Jeep, and never care about it, and just rape it all day long.
First got the Jeep fever, its no way back
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #48
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site
Did your hitch get pushed into your gas tank?
If not..roughly what was the clearance pre-accident?
Look at These pics,,,,
image-1328546366.jpg

image-2822968872.jpg

image-762150508.jpg

__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #49
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by krautsjeeper
I also feel sorry for you, Thomas.

If you need assistance from Germany for research to get a Jeep from here, then contact me.

We have a lot GC here for sale, Im not sure if it makes sense to import one from Germany, but its worth an attempt.

Thilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie500LTD
Wow that sucks. You put a lot of time and effort and $$$ into that Jeep, it was really beautiful. With all your experience, just think of how much easier it will be to hop up your next WJ
Thx guys, i didnt Even know my Jeep was so much admired at JF, makes me want to do it once more, thx
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #50
veiri86
Member
 
veiri86's Avatar
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tulkarem, Tulkarem, Palestine
Posts: 470
Glad that you are out of this safely and this is the important thing
__________________
R.I.P ratmonkey
Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...x-wjs-1872002/

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
veiri86 is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #51
new2site
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orange county, CA
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Look at These pics,,,,

Please elaborate on your setup...

I clearly don't see the "drooping gas tank"...like mine and all the other WJ's.... is this the "euro -wj" design ..?? I see the partial mod showing on the spare tire compartment but don't know what exactly that is..

As "picture 2" clearly points out it did get ruptured...fuel all over the ground..

And definitely a different hitch mount setup...

Once again..if you could please elaborate on these I would appreciate it...
Thanks.
new2site is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #52
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site

Please elaborate on your setup...

I clearly don't see the "drooping gas tank"...like mine and all the other WJ's.... is this the "euro -wj" design ..?? I see the partial mod showing on the spare tire compartment but don't know what exactly that is..

As "picture 2" clearly points out it did get ruptured...fuel all over the ground..

And definitely a different hitch mount setup...

Once again..if you could please elaborate on these I would appreciate it...
Thanks.

Idk for sure, but the euro WJ seems to have a different Hitch setup/design.
No fuel leak for sure, only dark pavement after minor rain,
Looks like frame unibody bent down in the rear, and gas tank pushed up, see pic in front of spare tire compartment, its much higher than usual.
Hitch Are pushed in about 4-6".
Rear axle Are also dislocated, about 2-4" to the right.
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #53
Robertc2012
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hluhluwe, KZN South Africa
Posts: 227
Sorry luck,
How did that white "appliance" bend the Jeep so Bad?(Speed aside)

Missed your last post - My Bad
Robertc2012 is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #54
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,280
Wow, i have reciepts for 9000$+ for parts and upgrades only, and thats before shipping and import tax!!!!!
I didnt want to know how deep i was into this,
but this insurance case make me start look threw it, lol

And about 3300$, reciepts for Work/labour done to my Jeep lately, auch, shhhh, That hurts
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #55
nickblack
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: bridgewater, nj
Posts: 739
That's the worst part when you start adding it up. I couldn't even tell you what I have in mine and I don't want to know. I told you at the beginning of your post that your WJ was one of my favorites on the forum. It was tastefully done and I love that color. A beautiful example. I'm stuck with the Gold color. Ugly as hell but I bought it because it was in such good shape.Yours was definitely my style for a WJ. Whatever you do, don't buy a car now. Catch your breath. You will catch the bug again, hopefully sooner than later.
nickblack is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #56
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head
 
ezflip's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site View Post
Please elaborate on your setup...

I clearly don't see the "drooping gas tank"...like mine and all the other WJ's.... is this the "euro -wj" design ..?? I see the partial mod showing on the spare tire compartment but don't know what exactly that is..

As "picture 2" clearly points out it did get ruptured...fuel all over the ground..

And definitely a different hitch mount setup...

Once again..if you could please elaborate on these I would appreciate it...
Thanks.
Dude, go away. The guy just lost his Jeep and all you can think about is "OMG, why didn't it blow up like the news said it would?" It didn't blow up because there is NOT a problem with WJs.

Thomahawk, sorry to hear this man! Better grab those shocks off of there as well! Hope you are back on the road soon, and hopefully with another dub!
__________________
~James

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series


Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is online now  
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #57
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip

Dude, go away. The guy just lost his Jeep and all you can think about is "OMG, why didn't it blow up like the news said it would?" It didn't blow up because there is NOT a problem with WJs.

Thomahawk, sorry to hear this man! Better grab those shocks off of there as well! Hope you are back on the road soon, and hopefully with another dub!
Thx man, i will do my best to Get the most parts and money out of this terrible situation
And i hope to find a low millage, Nice condition WJ i can start mod up again soon,

cause like you said, WJ's Are bulletproof tanks, both saved me from front and rear end accident, and they dont blow up, Thats just BS,,,,,
I am glad it bent the Way it did, better totaled than patches on patches and, vehicles bent like That should never Go out on the streets again, due to safety.
If i had to choose a Vehicle to crash, i would Go for a Jeep GC any day, lol

After more thinking about the accident.
I realize That i would never been able to stop That hard without the Stillen upgraded brakes, i nearly stopped 1-2 feet from car infront of me in my lane, it was a really really hard brake down, i didnt think i was able to make it stop, but it did stop, the Jeep was "Stillen"

So hard and fast That the Kangoo didnt Even had a chance to push the Jeep forward into the next Vehicle, since i still had my foot planted on my break pedal at impact, it seems like the Kangoo was thrown 5-7 feet back again, instead of pushing me forward,,,
Guess That was quite a buzz for the driver,

Shocks
Addco swaybar
QD endlinks
Wheels
Brakes

Are on my wish list to pull from the wreck, but it might not be possible, Those who dont sleep at night will see,,,,,
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #58
cykaaro
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orangville, ON
Posts: 2,804
As hard as it is to lose one's jeep, it did what designed to do to protect the occupants. I've seen one where the back was caved in almost to the rear seat. Same crumpling of the unibody rail, and nope. Tank was fine.

Hope you find another real soon and and get it up and running again.

Cheers!
__________________
The beatings will continue until attitudes improve!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #59
cykaaro
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orangville, ON
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Thx man, i will do my best to Get the most parts and money out of this terrible situation
And i hope to find a low millage, Nice condition WJ i can start mod up again soon,

cause like you said, WJ's Are bulletproof tanks, both saved me from front and rear end accident, and they dont blow up, Thats just BS,,,,,
I am glad it bent the Way it did, better totaled than patches on patches and, vehicles bent like That should never Go out on the streets again, due to safety.
If i had to choose a Vehicle to crash, i would Go for a Jeep GC any day, lol

After more thinking about the accident.
I realize That i would never been able to stop That hard without the Stillen upgraded brakes, i nearly stopped 1-2 feet from car infront of me in my lane, it was a really really hard brake down, i didnt think i was able to make it stop, but it did stop, the Jeep was "Stillen"

So hard and fast That the Kangoo didnt Even had a chance to push the Jeep forward into the next Vehicle, since i still had my foot planted on my break pedal at impact, it seems like the Kangoo was thrown 5-7 feet back again, instead of pushing me forward,,,
Guess That was quite a buzz for the driver,

Shocks
Addco swaybar
QD endlinks
Wheels
Brakes

Are on my wish list to pull from the wreck, but it might not be possible, Those who dont sleep at night will see,,,,,
It's why I always loved my jeeps, and have had two written off, and on my 5th. They're solid and have the weight behind them. Sure, gas costs you a bit more, but for 4WD and being safer, well worth it!
__________________
The beatings will continue until attitudes improve!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline  
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #60
WJ04
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Wow, i have reciepts for 9000$+ for parts and upgrades only, and thats before shipping and import tax!!!!!
I didnt want to know how deep i was into this,
but this insurance case make me start look threw it, lol

And about 3300$, reciepts for Work/labour done to my Jeep lately, auch, shhhh, That hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickblack View Post
That's the worst part when you start adding it up. I couldn't even tell you what I have in mine and I don't want to know. I told you at the beginning of your post that your WJ was one of my favorites on the forum. It was tastefully done and I love that color. A beautiful example. I'm stuck with the Gold color. Ugly as hell but I bought it because it was in such good shape.Yours was definitely my style for a WJ. Whatever you do, don't buy a car now. Catch your breath. You will catch the bug again, hopefully sooner than later.
Yup it adds up quick and to alot more than we wanna know lol, all my mods added up to a little over $19,000..now the thought of ever wrecking my jeep and having to start over makes me feel sick to my stomach lol.
__________________
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck


Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee


Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline  
Closed Thread
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.