Rip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Rip

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Closed Thread
Unread 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Rip

RIP Norway Jeep

image-1068806305.jpg

image-503895869.jpg

image-971300834.jpg

image-963784698.jpg

image-4201715286.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
nickblack
1999 WJ 

Man, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you have put a lot of effort into that Jeep and I personally thought it was one of the nicest on the forum. I hope you are ok and do hope you decide to get another WJ. You are an asset to this forum.
nickblack is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

Damn...glad you're able to walk away.

Happy to see your Jeep did not burst into flames and I'll be the first to say that'll buff out! Get checked out by the docs and start planning for the re-build.
11B-33T is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

That sucks, Lost my 2000 XJ that way, rear ended by a semi. Second to say "that'll buff out".

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

I am ok, got rear ended after hard break down, from 70mph to 0, cause of trafic jam infront of me in my lane,,,
I hardly stopped by a couple feet (thx Stillen).
Next i hear screaming tires, and BANG!
He hit me doing about 55mph,
It was a really hard impact.

We will see what happens now Jeep wise,
i have been deep into this project now for 4 years, Cost me both an arm and a leg (and a relationship),
I might not have the motivation or $ to do it over again, insurance wil deff only pay list price by book, not cover all the upgrades and maintance done, which make me cry deep within my
Just
Every
Empty
Pocket

But it have saved me twice (last time, moosse accident)
So no Wonder why i truly loved my one off Jeep.
Now after the lift and audio upgrades,
it finally had become the Jeep of my dreams.
I might Kept it for the rest of my or its life, if this accident didnt happened today.

T
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
nickblack
1999 WJ 

Recover from the shock first but I would strip it down. Take everything you can off of it and get another one. I don't know what the availability is there but there are a ton of nice ones here in the Northeast, U.S. If shipping costs aren't prohibitive, I would be more than glad to help you source a new one and do some of the ground work for you locally. I'm sure some of the other forum members will keep an eye out for a nice WJ for you too. You have been such a valuable member that it would be a pity to lose you. Let me know when/if the time is right and I will keep an eye out for you. I pass 20 WJ's on the road here everyday on my 30 mile commute. It was very popular here in NJ. and in the Northeastern US.
nickblack is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickblack View Post
Recover from the shock first but I would strip it down. Take everything you can off of it and get another one. I don't know what the availability is there but there are a ton of nice ones here in the Northeast, U.S. If shipping costs aren't prohibitive, I would be more than glad to help you source a new one and do some of the ground work for you locally. I'm sure some of the other forum members will keep an eye out for a nice WJ for you too. You have been such a valuable member that it would be a pity to lose you. Let me know when/if the time is right and I will keep an eye out for you. I pass 20 WJ's on the road here everyday on my 30 mile commute. It was very popular here in NJ. and in the Northeastern US.
Second this. Strip the stuff you want off of it. It's still your Jeep...might as well get what you want from it.
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Really unfortunate to see, my friend but I am glad to see that you are ok! Your Jeep was exceptionally nice and your build was done with the utmost quality in mind. I, too, hope you wind up with another one so you can stay with us on the forum.

So much for bursting into flames in rear-end collisions, eh!
billzcat1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #9
new2site
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
So much for bursting into flames in rear-end collisions, eh!
Had he got hit by even a lower riding vehicle....Civic, Kia...etc...could've been different outcome....and by looking at his bumper cover the actually impact speed was probably around 35-40...

That hitch definitely helped....and messed that van up pretty much..

I know..here come the attacks...

Anyhow...glad your okay... and sorry about your loss.
new2site is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #10
MWF
2002 WJ 

Glad you're okay, shame some are using your accident as a vehicle to drag up the very topics they block.

Certainly take some time to reflect on the issue and don't do anything reactionary. You have to keep in mind you were going through a learning process with this Jeep and repeating the same mods on another blank slate should be a lot easier
Unread 08-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #11
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I've lost two jeeps to accidents so I know what it's like putting so much into one to make it yours and have this happens. So totally blows. Reallly hope you get another one and can move your stuff over to it, tweak or change what you want to do differently and keep on moving forward.

Not sure how differently insurance companies work there. My adjuster was really good, especially me with my anxiety, but the guy who went out to look at the jeep. What an ***. Kept indirectly calling me a liar and said he didn't care a bit about anything I had done to it and was worthless. Nice. So I'm the victim, get called a liar several times and treated like garbage. Yep! I complained loud and clear this was TOTALLY unacceptable. I of course first thing, ripped off my roof rack, scanner, stereo, amps, and all other electronics. Lost my rims unfortunarely but got a good payout and kept a lot of what I could. If it wasn't winter I'd have grabbed my rims as well! Well, he did tell me pull off whatever I put into it as he wasn't giving me a cent for it. LOL I would definitely put a list together as I did of all the work and upgrades you put in and flatly tell them, this was a vehicle you took care of and did this too as you were keeping it for a very long time, and if it wasn't for this guy that hit you, no way in hell you'd get rid of it. Insurance companies are out to make money at the end of the day, so push and don't just settle.

Pull and keep whatever you can and is important to you, like your entire stereo system, if you have your old rims, keep your new ones and through the old ones back on after they look at it. Not sure, but maybe you can buy it back really cheap to keep other parts you wish to keep, and then build another one bigger and better!!

Wish you the best of luck with all this, my friend, as I know the time and energy you've put into this making it truly YOUR jeep.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #12
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thx guys, you are absolutly right, i apriciate your understanding this is now just a sad day, but i bet my Jeep bug bites back again, hopefully,,,
And after a night sleep, i feel ok, little stiff, but no consern.

Unread 08-29-2013, 06:09 AM   #13
MattJeep
Web Wheeler
2003 WJ 

That's terrible. I too have admired your Jeep over the years, hopefuly you can find another low mileage one. That bug never goes away..
MattJeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #14
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Bad luck mate......Im sure there another Jeep with your name on it around the corner! You're OK and thats the main thing.
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #15
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Wow. Terrible. Like others have said, harvest all the aftermarket parts, find another clean one, and start over. And most importantly, glad you're OK physically.

*looking to buy 3" springs or swap my 4.5" springs for your 3" springs -- PM me*
skain8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.