Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Ricochet's build thread project "WOODY!!"

78K views 897 replies 79 participants last post by  TJdualsport 
#1 ·
i got my woody from my step-moms uncle when he passed away it had 44 thousand miles on it still had the same tires that it rolled off the line with.

then i had to take it off road so i went to lake havasu

and got a flat :laugh:

since i needed tires anyways i got a bb and some bfg all terrains

See less See more
#2 ·
then i got hooked up on some eagle alloy aluminum rims 5 for 100 bucks

my dad bought me a westin safari bar so i put it on lol

didnt do much with it for a while till i decided i was gonna go to gws 09
so i got definity dakota m/t 31/10.5/15, some jks quicker discos, bought a cb, some used hanson sliders, and took off the safari bar
before 31s and sliders

after

#4 ·

not bad for being connected...

trying to get up tip over challenge

i finally made it lol

then i made some projectors :D

heres the cut off

and how it sits today :2thumbsup:

#135 ·
and how it sits today :2thumbsup:
Ever think about nite shading the blinkers? I like the black projectors alot. Nice lookin rig!:cheers2:

#11 ·
thanks
Sexy rig :thumbsup:
i think so too
Epic pic! I gotta make it to Moab next year. Way to represent the grand waggy ZJ's!
woot woot! lol ya moab is friken awesome you have to go
I love your woody.
:teehee:
Nice pictures, especially the ones with that sweet 5.9 in them. :thumbsup:

I still think you should have chrome headlights instead of black.
lol ya i know i have to make another set with my clear lenses
Nice. I too have a woody! only on it's 2nd set of tires! :D

Didn't know the woods came with different wheels. My brother has a 93 too, non-wood 318 and has same wheels as your originals.

***also, noticed in your pics, you only have the Chrysler emblem on passenger side fender too. Did they come that way OEM??***
idk ill have to ask sporer if he only has it on one side. im getting my trim re done it was supposed to be done yesterday but the guy is having a hard time getting the grain right.

#10 ·
Nice. I too have a woody! only on it's 2nd set of tires! :D

Didn't know the woods came with different wheels. My brother has a 93 too, non-wood 318 and has same wheels as your originals.

***also, noticed in your pics, you only have the Chrysler emblem on passenger side fender too. Did they come that way OEM??***

#15 ·
haha thanks popo yours is sweeet too

offer is still on the table. take your pick for a trade. haha i love your rig dude.
lol ill wait for you to put all the money in it and then maybe.....lol jk im getting buried in this baby!!:laugh:

#14 ·
offer is still on the table. take your pick for a trade. haha i love your rig dude.

#21 ·
that things a jewel dude. i bet when you first got it, you were like man this thing is gay. hahaha i think thats the most BA grand you can buy. ill take a woody with a 5.2 over any other grand. I have mine cos it was such a steal and i needed a vehicle. other wise i would have paid to ship my XJ across the country, lol

#22 ·
did the 242 swap last weekend everything is good so far. it wasnt that hard just time consuming for first timers. but i do need the shift lever for a 242 mine didnt come with one....:( anyone have an extra one?

#25 ·

haha so much for digging for the black connectors!!

ok so im measuring for my new driveshaft. the guy at the driveline place said to let the slip yoke be exposed for and inch and then measure from the center of yoke to yoke. is this right?

#26 ·
i am gonna chop and drill a new hole on my shift lever from my 249 so it will fit my 242 can someone post a picture of it next to a ruler? or if you can measure it for me it would help me out alot thanks
example 249

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.