Rhino line cargo area in zj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Rhino line cargo area in zj

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Rhino line cargo area in zj

So I've been throwing around the idea of r-lining the cargo area in my zj. I did a search but didn't really find anything. I am restoring an old honda and an old truck and I'm sick of laying down a tarp or blanket every trip to the junk yard. Yea or nay?

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

Nay. If you are just doing it because you don't want to throw a tarp down, then don't do it.

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #3
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i don't know if this helps, but i did the back of my 4runner that i used to have. it was the cheap walmart brand. for me it wasn't that much difference noise wise. it was also easier to clean, although you couldn't get it spotless b/c of the texture

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Mighty Thor
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think for the inside of your rig you might be perfectly satisfied with one of the roll on liners like Herculiner or Durabak. They are fairly durable if you are not beating them with heavy cargo like you would in a pickup. I think Plasticote even has one that does not have quite so much texture if you want a little smoother finish. Might try some on a scrap piece of sheet metal and see what you think. If you check out my XJ build you can see what I have done on the rockers and lower doors of a couple of Cherokees.
Mighty Thor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

my buddy took out the carpet, No increased noise. And it is way easier to clean. Overall He likes it. Put down some Rlining and never look back. You will probably like it.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

I took out my rear carpet but trimmed the edges and side so i can lay it down when i dont want something scratched from the floor, then take it back out when i have something thats dirty

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
bjl95mustang
1998 ZJ 

They sell it by the quart. And it works pretty well.

Monstaliner JEEPForum.com April 2010 Promotion

4.5" Lift: RE 4.5" springs,Iro rear 3.5 springs+1" spacer, RE shocks, All adjustable arms, IRO front track bar and HD bracket, Rear jks track bar, 1-Ton Steering, 242 tc, 33x12.5x15 GoodYear wrangler silent tires, 15" rock crawler rims, Aussie Locker For My 44A, 760X u-joint front axles.

Soon to come Lock Right Front Locker.

Jeep Inferno member #10

Texas Jeep Club Member #78
bjl95mustang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.