Reverse Rear Seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Reverse Rear Seats

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 06-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #1
jjeling

Reverse Rear Seats

Anyone ever look into reversing their rear seats?

I have been pondering this since I had my ZJ and now that I have a WJ I think it would be even better. The thought behind it is taking the current rear seating arrangement out, boarding off the floor space to make the rear cargo area level which would then utilize the area for your feet as storage. Fashion some custom seats in the back, and then put a decent 36 inch tv that flips up into the roof and then swivels around to the outside when the swingate is up. It would be the perfect "party" set up. Being that its in a Jeep, you could take the portable entertainment system anywhere.

Oh the dreams. The idea is that road trips would be great for the passengers. Video games could be played anywhere. Most importantly, I would have a live monitor for my photography when the camera is on the roof. That and it would be Anyways, I was just curious if anyone else had thought of this or tried it. Perhaps someone else has had some other crazy ideas they would like to share.

jjeling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

There was a company that made rear cargo area seats that faced rearward for the ZJ a couple of years ago. However, I'd be worried about the crash worthiness of the seating.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Sounds like every episode of pimp my ride ever made.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Sounds like every episode of pimp my ride ever made.
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.