Registration Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Registration Questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
ferntree

2014 WK 

Registration Questions

I'm an Aussie moving to the USofA with my Yankee wife and two dogs in the next few months. Maybe someone can help me with a couple of questions:

At the moment, it looks like we might end up flying from Sydney to Dallas, buying a new or near new dealer vehicle (cash) and driving up to Cape Cod, where we will be living:

As I will not yet be a Mas. resident at that time, what happens with rego when I buy the truck in Dallas? I don't want to get charged sales tax in two states.

I understand once I get to Mas. I will have to spend hours at the DMV with title in hand and get Mas. registration papers, but will I have to first register in Dallas as soon as I buy the rig even if I'm only in town a couple of days?

Any other traps to look out for?

Appreciate the help.........and I even like your beer!

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Why don't you just fly to mass. Then by the new car. Or fly to Dallas. Rent a car and drive to mass then buy your new car. Unless you know it is way cheaper to buy one in Dallas to buy one in mass.
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

much, much less hassle renting a vehicle to drive to mass and then purchasing there.

depending upon the vehicle it may come standard with a cold weather package you're going to want up north that the texas vehicle most likely will not have.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.