Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

RedZJ Super Slow Build Thread

56K views 597 replies 46 participants last post by  RedZJ 
#1 ·
RedZJ Super Slow Build Thread **WHAT LONG ARMS SHOULD I GET?**

This is in no way going to be an extreme build and or a fast build... Just yet.

(1/10/11) my plan for now in 3.5 inch IRO lift with 33's, bushwhackers and custom front and rear bumpers...

Here it is...

I first got my jeep about 2 years ago for 700 dollars with a blown transmission.

Just when I was ready to buy my lift I did this..

Dont ya just love dear????

So I had to dish out some money to fix the rad, trans cooler, grill, lights and so on.

Then I got new rims, rubbers and some stickers :]

Then I got a new tent in order to work on the jeep.. Kinda over killed. Its ment to fit 10 Wheelers.. xD

Around 3/14/2010 i put a new radio in... I LIEDDDDD. White Dotte put it in

And a CB

See less See more
#76 ·
ok.. So IRO has the worse shipping ever. :D

Love there products and customer service but there **** takes forever to ship out.
Order my Rear Trac Bar a week ago.. Hasn't shipped out yet, plus I have to wait a week for it to show up after they ship it. AGH!

Might cancel my order.. Since I am going clayton long arms in a few months, I might just buy there trac bars. :D

#80 ·
Ahh back on the road. Drives nice. Most of the front end has been rebuilt. I so regret buying this HP30. But all is well now.

Also since I cant drive over 45 due to death wobble, I am getting amazing gas mileage. I have been getting almost 14mpg, as to when I was stock, I use to get 9. :D YAY ME.

Here are some pictures. I am getting 35's soon, 5.5 inch lift, and Clayton long arms. :D

EDIT: And yes, I know I need to make my rear control arms longer. Forgot to adj them when I got the trac bar on.

#81 ·
looks nice man

#82 ·
Went to a shop to get my alignment done today... dude at the shop said.. " sorry we don't do lifted vehciles.. only custom offroad shops can do those.." I laughed my *** off.
Asked my friend and he will do it at his shop. Hopefully this fixes my death wobble.

Also still have a few clunking noises.. on in the front ddrivers side.. other in the rear. Going to check all my bolts and triple check all is tight.

Also saving up for clayton front long arm kit. :)

#86 ·
Filled my Tank..

Ordered some jeep parts.

Found a clicking noise in my front end, also my tie rod is hitting my spring bucket on full turns. Friend thinks it is my drag link, but I don't know. It only does it on turns.

Here is a video. Not the best but it gets the point across.

#87 ·
Just an update....

-----------------

Blah..
Was going to order long arms and go 35s but I changed my mind...

What I am doing now...
1: fixing my death wobble..
2: alignment
3: trying to chase around front end noises.
4: CrawlerReady Motor Mounts

What I am doing in the next month or 2.
1: steering box. - mine is shot.
2: 4 wheel drive - novak link and new rear.
3: Icelandoffroad Front Bumper in june( girlyyy is getting me a winch for my bd)
4: 33 inch tires... would like tsl or km2. But Idk yet
5: brake lines.
6: Bar Pin Eliminator
7: new shocks.

#88 ·
Did some wheeling yesterday.. the day before.. and today.. Christ.

Still 2wd. Hopefully next week I will be 4wd again. :D

Here is bubba rope saving me from my friends 35's. This rope makes **** effortless.

Here is my friend doing a hill climb.

Also, I cut my front fenders today. Better pictures coming tomorrow. 35's here I come. :nuts:

#92 ·
Psh.. The dude cutting is my friend also. I took the pictures. If I was to cut with that cutter.. i would have no fender.
you still waiting on the trackbar from iro?
I have the rear ADJ tracbar. And its in. Buying a Clayton front trac bar and bracket
Do you think the Death Wobble is from not having a rear Adj Track Bar?
Not the problem. Adj rear is in.

Idk, Ill figure it out.. and if I don't, I don't care, it will be a dedicated wheeler soon.

#104 ·
Took The 44A out and put a 35 in that is the same gears as the front. Didnt wanna waste money on doing gears since I plan on doing a 8.8 rear next summer.

Also took some pictures with my friends BMW. :D

Thats about it for now. Saving money for the Novak Shifter and 35s. I dont know what brand I want yet.

#105 ·
11th pic: only on a jeep :laugh:

#108 ·
Installed my crawled ready motor mounts. I think it was about time I did it also...

Also put my front shaft in and wheeled it. :). Nothing major. Blue xj is on 36. Red xj is on 35s.

Attachments

#109 ·
hey man you should do an in detail write up on your snorkel. i think you have the best looking custom one i've ever seen and i'd really like to try and build one as close to it as i can. couple of questions for you,

what diameter is the pipe?
how did you attach it?(along the fender and pillar)
how big did you cut the hole in your fender?
where did you get the rubber trim around the hole?
what exactly is the thing that you used for an end cap?

i would really appreciate any help and the zj looks great, i really like what you've done with it

#110 ·
hey man you should do an in detail write up on your snorkel. i think you have the best looking custom one i've ever seen and i'd really like to try and build one as close to it as i can. couple of questions for you,

what diameter is the pipe?
how did you attach it?(along the fender and pillar)
how big did you cut the hole in your fender?
where did you get the rubber trim around the hole?
what exactly is the thing that you used for an end cap?

i would really appreciate any help and the zj looks great, i really like what you've done with it
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/redzj-super-slow-build-thread-1151964/index2.html#post10830203

That should answer some of your questions. All the supplies I got from Lowes. I think the piping is 2inchs. If I do it again, id do 3inches.

Air box is from a ford windstar. Id use a ford pickup next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.