Recall for Grand Cherokee 2007 Ignition cut-out switch. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Recall for Grand Cherokee 2007 Ignition cut-out switch.

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdMarch Madness LOCKER SALE + FREE SHIPPING + $30-$50 REBATE

Unread 02-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #1
paddyboy

Recall for Grand Cherokee 2007 Ignition cut-out switch.

Hello Forum,

I rec'd a recall from Chrysler Group LLC 9/2014 regarding the ignition cut-out switch affecting my 2007 Grand Cherokee. When I went to my dealer and they told me they can't fix my vehicle because Jeep doesn't have the parts made yet??? IS THIS RIDICULOUS ???? Should I get this repaired from my own mechanic and submit bills to Chrysler ??? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

paddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
vlackattack
1997 ZJ 

The recall hitches for the ZJs took like a year for Chrysler to get the parts, I wouldn't expect to get your recall done anytime soon lol
vlackattack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
Jeep32
2002 WJ 

I wouldn't pay out of pocket either. If its ANYTHING like Toyota warranties.... One lost wrapper or box (yes the want these back for whatever reason) or paperwork not completed and YOU will eat the cost. Nothing against your shop, but do they know Jeeps warranty procedures? Manufactures will do just about anything to get out of paying for warranty work.

Toyotas has been known to have rusty truck beds for a while. The owner must first seek assistance from the dealership. Many papers and what month / year your car was made and does your vin have a "K" as the fifth and "P" as the ninth digit, then and only then the dealership can start the endless process of calling Toyota, getting approvals to even look at the car and get paid... The dealer then has to apply a special coating or if that wont fix it has to request toyota to replace it. Then it comes out to the body shop, we write an estimate. Many hoops later we get the parts in, and we have to save the old truck box, and the big *** box it comes in, the old tailgate and its box, but we have to send the tailgate emblems back to toyota in the replacement packages. Oh and the old truck box and tailgate must be on hand for inspection for 1 year. At one point we had 9 of these sitting out back. Freaking crazy. The tech has to punch his time card while working on the job. All of this and something as simple as throwing away an emblem package means we eat the entire 4k job. We have a lot of "trundra" emblems laying around....
Unread 02-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

There's no parts because they don't know HOW to fix it yet. I would wait and just be careful not to bump your keys while driving. If your ignition starts acting up anyway, I've *heard* that it could be possible to get the dealer to offer you a rental, but don't count on it. Because of the n23 fiasco, I will be waiting to get mine done. I don't trust when they rush to get these fixed. I lost working 4lo for over a year because of the last recall.
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.