Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

- RCB-ZJ- Build thread Project " MAN VAN "

27K views 143 replies 35 participants last post by  RCB-ZJ 
#1 · (Edited)
- RCB-ZJ- Build thread Project " The Daily Wheeler "

Current Pic

I have had a few request for a build thread so here goes

First off the MAN VAN comes from my friends with TJ's that say I wheel a mini van. Which then turned to MAN VAN :rofl:

The jeep is a 1995 Limited v8 ZJ Upcountry

It has Flowmaster 40 series muffler with a magnaflow high flow cat. And a Cold air intake

I don't have any stock pics

Here are some then and now photos

Just lifted playing at the dunes

Got some black wheels and had to trim the front bumper a bit

More wheeling

Jeep doin work

How it sits as of today

See less See more
#7 ·
Clayton long arm the front. I am going to leave the rear short arm. I also will be ordering a protofab prerunner front bumper with out the grill hoop and putting a winch on the front.

Im only going long arm in the front for the droop it will get. My suspension set up will be as low as possible with a large tire like I am running now.

#15 ·
rock sliderz should be somewhere on the mod list.

Hunter

#16 · (Edited)
#22 ·
nice looking rig you got there

#23 ·
**** UPDATE **** The jeep has been slow going as I got another JEEP. A CJ10 truck to be exact and am building a hardcore crawler out of it. Anyway on to the ZJ I just picked up a set of REAL 5.9 hood vents for $20.00 thats right $20.00. Here is a pic of them prepped for paint :2thumbsup: I will be painting the hood vents black as my red might be hard to match. Plus I think the black vent on a red hood will look good.

And for those that dont know what a CJ10 is here ya go :cheers2:

Mine will have a tube fender highline and I already have a CJ7 grill to get rid of that ugly thing, I am going for a CJ themed BRUTE :thumbsup:

#25 ·
Update........... Put on my "Bead locks" or street locks if you will and have been getting ready for snow wheeling. John and I are going to go pre run some roads tomorrow we will take a lot of pics

#36 ·
so they just snap on or do you have to drill? im just asking because im looking for some beadlocks for mine.:D
They make DIY kits that requires you to weld an inner ring to the steel wheel. If you can weld or know someone that can, it can be a cheaper way to go to beadlocks. KORE is about an 1 and half away from me and make sick stuff. Here is a link to there beadlock kits. Sorry for the thread jack.

Products - KORE, King's Off Road, King's Off Road Enterprise, Off Road Chassis Turn-Key Buggies

#34 ·
If he sent his wheels to allied wheel, im thinking he got ACTUAL beadlocks. not just the fake ones.

allied does the weld (prostar and draglite) dead lock conversions for the drag racing world.

they cut off the lip, weld on a new lip with the bolt holes, so you put the back side of tire, then the inner rubber backside spacer thing (lol idk what its called) then you set the outside bead and bolt it all down. that way you have a single beadlock with both sides firmly locked on.

drag racing you do double bead locked, one on inside and one on outside. this is because drag racing requires the tire to not slip, because not many times does a bead come off due to flex.

allied does doulbe beadlocked on forged alluminum weld wheels for 300 a wheel. idk how much they do it for single lock, with the inside retainer, out the door per wheel.

#35 ·
If he sent his wheels to allied wheel, im thinking he got ACTUAL beadlocks. not just the fake ones.

allied does the weld (prostar and draglite) dead lock conversions for the drag racing world.

they cut off the lip, weld on a new lip with the bolt holes, so you put the back side of tire, then the inner rubber backside spacer thing (lol idk what its called) then you set the outside bead and bolt it all down. that way you have a single beadlock with both sides firmly locked on.

drag racing you do double bead locked, one on inside and one on outside. this is because drag racing requires the tire to not slip, because not many times does a bead come off due to flex.

allied does doulbe beadlocked on forged alluminum weld wheels for 300 a wheel. idk how much they do it for single lock, with the inside retainer, out the door per wheel.
Nope they are fake. "Street locks" Also just an FYI a real beadlock would not have just 16 bolts. 16 would not achieve a good seal on the tire and keep it from leaking. :thumbsup:

#37 ·
yeah i looked em up... i will be getting the **** bead locks when i get my steel wheels.

hey rcb can you give me a hub to fender in the back, and a hub to the trim iin the front, im likeing your stance, and i have the iro 4.5 kit,

Looks great, keep up the great work:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.