ratmonkey's build. In progress: 3/4 ton and 37's - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ratmonkey's build. In progress: 3/4 ton and 37's

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #31
ajmorell

ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #32
ZJcrawler45
1998 ZJ 

sweet project....After reading and seeing your tranny steps, i'm ready to gut out my 46re if need be.
Unread 05-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #33
sandman
1993 ZJ 

this is a good thread
Unread 06-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #34
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

been having trouble getting my shift kit dialed in, apparently aps didn't include a part they should have along with supplemental instructions. so i've been effectively chasing my tail for a few weeks now. :

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #35
besthaticouldo
1994 ZJ 

damn man...

this is a seriously sick build!

how were those 1.7 ratio rockers? worth the money?

Greatest Thing You've Ever Seen
besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 02:23 AM   #36
jeepheller98
1998 ZJ 

that looks alot like an M1 intake, am i right? if so, i know its made for a 4barrel throttle body and they have a plate to put on the zjs 2barrel on, and you know what you can put between that plate and the throttle body.. thats right.. a plate to run NOS
Unread 06-11-2009, 05:05 AM   #37
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

it's an edelbrock airgap manifold with injector bungs welded in and a 4bbl to 2bbl adapter. hughes engines makes them, they now have edelbrock casting the hughes name into them

Unread 06-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #38
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

i have had all i can handle with automatic transmissions, i'm heading out to the yard to get an nv3500 today. anyone want a partially set up shift kitted, slightly used 44re with hd clutches?

Unread 06-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #39
Ubergrob
1997 ZJ 

OMG, Look at that piston!
JKS Quicker Disconnects

DD: 2000 LR Disco 2. stock.
Ubergrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #40
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

it appears to be physically smaller than the 44re, should be an interesting swap.

picked up a center console with factory subwoofer for my girlfriend's wrangler while i was there.

Unread 06-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #41
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

ordered about half my exhaust today, will have a shop do the rest.
trying out some long tube dakota headers since i'll have the manual and dodge side starter in there. if they fit i'll be happy, if not i'll have to return for something in a shorty i guess.
ordered a kevlar clutch kit for it as well.

Unread 06-14-2009, 05:18 AM   #42
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

headers are here(summit has fast shipping when they're an hour away), not the highest quality i've ever seen, but it's a 250$ experiment anyways since i'm not sure how well they're gonna fit. and i don't want to ruin 500$ headers while massaging things about.

looks like finding direct fit pedals is gonna be tough as all get out, time to figure out which other jeep has pedals that are close enough to work with.

Unread 06-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #43
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

50$ for flywheel and cps from the ram my tranny came out of. flywheel looks to have a couple thousand miles on it at most.
getting a call back in the morning about how much i'm gonna be spending for the pedals.

should be getting into this project by the end of the month(clutch is on back order).

Unread 06-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #44
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Going to pick up my clutch pedal and master cyl tomorrow. Build is almost a go.

Unread 06-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #45
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

pedals acquired, block is done at the machine shop. just gonna drop off my rotating assembly since their hour rate is what i make at work so my time vs. their money is a wash really.
couldn't get the master and slave from the jeep, did get the shifter boot and knob as well as a zj command trac bezel(if anyone wants it pm me).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.