ratmonkey's build. In progress: 3/4 ton and 37's - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ratmonkey's build. In progress: 3/4 ton and 37's

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 08-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #226
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

got my "new" ecu today. still no communication to the bcm. got ahold of a ram fsm and i know why now. the send and receive pins for the ccd bus are reversed in a ram vs a jeep apparently.
sci send and sci transmit pin 27 and 29 on the gray jeep connector and flipped on the same ram connector. all other pins are exactly the same.

i did not expect this as others have stated it is a direct swap with no wiring needed.

scratch that, still no signal to the gauge cluster. time to find someone who's done ecu rewiring before i guess. i can't find ANY differences in the pinouts other than this.

Last edited by ratmonkey; 08-20-2010 at 05:32 PM..
ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #227
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

truckviva.com projector housing install.
this install is very easy and went off without a hitch really.
the product as it came

well packaged in bubble wrap and bagged expanding foam. lens is also covered with cling wrap to prevent scratching.
build quality appears excellent.

the victim, ebay clear housings and converted over to early zj 8 slot grille.

pull your old housings. there's four screws for the markers one top and one between the lenses for the side marker/reflector. two on the outer edge of the lower marker/signal. simple job so i didn't take any pictures. the headlight just pulls straight out with a bit of grunt.

upper side marker, the halo lights plug into this guy.

turn signal, blackjoe states his 98 had a two prong turn signal. my 97 has the 3 prong style.

back of the housing.

plug in your halo lights here.

everybody in their sockets.

line up the tabs and push the housing on firmly. it'll take a bit but it will snap right into place. you MAY need to extend the adjusters out so that you can more easily line things up and push on it.

and you're done. unwrap to finish took me about 15mins even with taking pictures and i wasn't in any kind of hurry.

here's the halo's on.

i noticed my vertical adjuster is stripped so i'll need to replace that before i can get proper pattern shots at night.

they seem to be solidly locked into the headlight hardware, though i would like some lower support or something. it is a lot of weight to hang off those three posts.

Unread 08-25-2010, 06:22 AM   #228
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

Looks good, can't get the picture to enlarge on my work computer.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #229
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

i posted the thumbnails for faster loading of the thread.
photobucket is probably on the banned list for your websense/censor program.

Unread 08-25-2010, 06:39 AM   #230
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Is there anything wrong with your old clear housings? If not, can you PM me a price?
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:54 AM   #231
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

Dam goverment computers.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #232
SpeedyCat3
Survivor

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
can you grab and post a similar shot to this with your new headlights?
We have the same bumpers, so I'll get an excellent visual aid...

Also, it seems that the gaps lined up pretty good on your installation... I am glad.
I will be ordering as soon as I get home from this trip.
[] ---o-[]

My 97 ZJ Build
SpeedyCat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #233
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

adjusters on both sides are stripped now it was also a slightly cracked salvage yard freebie header panel that now can't support these housings as well as needed(got a perfect shape header panel at a friend's house from a part out)

they stick out the same/less than the crystal ebay housings.

Unread 08-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #234
SpeedyCat3
Survivor

1997 ZJ 

I like them.
Seems like the fit is pretty good considering that they are all in one piece and it needs to pivot some for aiming.
I will probably be using a compressible foam insert to bridge the gap and that is it if needed.
They give a "LandRoveresque" look to the fron now, lol.
Thanks for the pics and installation instructions.
Our set ups will be very similar, though I am installing IRO long arms, and my axles will be an HPD44 from a Super Cab (F250 tubes in diameter and wall but 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern) with Ford Thunderbird brakes; and a rear 9 inch with Lincoln Versailles disc brake conversion; all on 4.56 gears. I will use a set of 35x16.50.15 swamper boggers for offroad and will probably get TA/KO's on 35 flavor for the street .
[] ---o-[]

My 97 ZJ Build
SpeedyCat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #235
redfoxbody
1996 ZJ 

Are you going to put hid lights in the new housings?

That would really be a thread killer for all hid arguments

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="White"][CENTER]Depressed about your car dent? dentszone.com[/CENTER] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=]Nice the legs in that last picture, almost makes you not think about the jeep.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=]My 16 year old little sister, you creep.[/QUOTE]
redfoxbody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #236
country_boy454
1996 ZJ 

They look better than I thought they would! Nice to know. Now I have another part to save up for!
1996 XJ 6.5" Rusty's, 34" LTB's, 220 amp alt, #1 wire upgrade, 4.0, AW4, NP231 NON SYE, CB 1996 ZJ Plum Broke Limited 5.2, SCT Tuned, Dual exhaust, CAI, Audivox Prestige APS997a alarm, Performance Distributors Ignition Upgrade, KOR BB + Up Country Springs, 52mm TB, 24lb/hr Ford Racing Injectors Plum Broke Build thread
country_boy454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #237
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

I won't be using hid's in my housings. Halogen projectors don't have the best beam pattern for it. I would consider it in the high beams only, you're not supposed to use them with traffic around anyway.

Unread 08-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #238
truckviva

thank you ratmonkey for the pictures, can you also take some pictures for the night view with the halo ring on?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
truckviva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #239
YERFDOG
1998 ZJ 

Curious to what your gonna do with your old Clear headlights and corners

PM me if your interested in selling.
YERFDOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #240
19onebadzj96

interested in the old headlights please
19onebadzj96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.