Project Zoe - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project Zoe

Free Flowmaster Gear from Black Friday to Cyber Monday!!!!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueCorbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!

Unread 04-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
WCHLVR
1997 ZJ 

Project Zoe

I will start this thread with a warning- As this thread builds you will be subjected to copious amounts of OCD's and anal-retentiveness. You've been warned!

Now that we have that out of the way.... lets get started. What can i tell you about "Zoe"...

Here's what we know-

-1997 Grand Cherokee Limited with every single option under the sun (all in good working order) minus sunroof.
-98k on the clock
-Marked title. Sat forever in an impound lot. No one would touch it because it had no keys so no one knew the mileage. After a little bit of homework it was a theft recovery. There is no "damage" anywhere but drivers side front fender and door have a slightly different color stripe but the paint looks to be dead on.
-Stock height for now but the rolling stock is a 245/70/16 so it seems to sit a little taller over the stock 225's.

Plans-

-Small lift- 2-3"
-Wheels- Leaning towards 17" Moabs or maybe something in a 18". She will mainly be a street truck with the occasional off-road excursion.
-Improve the sound system- All the speakers are/were blown. Already replaced the fronts with some new Infinity 6022i's.
-Lighting and aesthetic improvements

Enough talk... on with the pics

Here she is when we picked here up-

Interior is immaculate. Had a faint smell of dog and a little bit of mildew in spot from sitting for so long. Just did a complete shampoo front to rear. Smell is gone. These are pre-shampoo-

Came with new tires are the way around. Not every aggressive but great for motoring around town!

Engine compartment is fairly clean. Again, because it sat for a long time it could use a little clean up. No thing a little time and a pressure washer cant handle.

Let me know your thoughts!

WCHLVR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
WCHLVR
1997 ZJ 

Heres where I start digging into her and making her mine!

Every nook and cranny of this truck was full of pine needles and nast. Here is a prime example.

Busted out the brushes and ended up with this-

While I was in there I decided to give the wiper arms some new paints

Looks sooooo much better!

Because I am too broke to even pay attention... I love cheap mods.

First- I hate the orange on the front markers. So I masked it off, wet sanded it with some 220 and shot it silver. I really like how is smooths out the look of the front end. This just 'til I can order some clear ones.

Also wanted to do something with the tails. The "Big Top" tent stripes just look off to me and all the aftermarket tails are less than impressive. So I found a set of the uber rare all red tails... by "found" I mean "made". Best $5 appearance mod ever!

So I wet sand the lights and masked them up-

Did 3-4 coats of the Kyrlon X-Metals Red and about 2-3 coats of clear. Whacha think?

Like the front it just flows better. Yeah I have red reverse light now. Now worries though, plans for some high output rear lighting at some point.

Unread 04-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
fireman33
2003 WJ 

Looking good .. clean jeep, what are the plans for the futur ?

2003 WJ 4.0, 4'' IRO Critical Path, 31x10.5x15 goodyear wrangler territory on soft 8's, Tom Wood front drive shaft, Rough country SS, 4.56 G2 gears, D30 front, D35 rear/detroit trutrac, IRO adj. trackbar, Doetch tech 8000 shocks, nv242 TC, midland cb, 3' firefly antenna, Mopar TC Skid

My build thread--> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-build-957216/
fireman33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
peicherokee
2000 TJ Wrangler 

nice jeep very clean i like what you've done with the tails, i also like the silver corners it is a nice fix till you can get clear ones , good stuff keep it coming

PEI JEEPERS MEMBER
peicherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
WCHLVR
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman33 View Post
...what are the plans for the futur ?
Because I bought it for my girl and I need it to haul trailers and such, I will be keeping the big mods to a minimum. Small lift- maybe 2-3". Would like a run a bigger/wider wheel. Not sure in final size. Really like the 17" Moab's.

Like to outfit it with some better audio, maybe add some video for the kids.

Engine plans- CAI (it will never see deep water forging), exhaust, headers, spice up the ignition a little, maybe slide in a cam.

Exterior- Full length basket, lighting, roof mount spare...

Of course this all costs money soooooo.... hang tight. It will be a long ride!
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
BlackbeastZJ
1995 ZJ 

Your ZJ looks beautiful, wish I could get mine lookin that good again! Those budget mods really help it out too.

On a side note, you won't be able to fit the 17" Moabs without adapters, since they have a 5" bolt pattern, the stock ZJ setup is 4.5". 16" Moabs would work though.

[SIZE="1"][B]1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, blacked out
4.0 I6, NP249, D30-D35 with 3.73 gears
LED Interior and gauge lights, Silverstar Ultra's
Tinted tails, Baja fogs, Bedlined bumpers, removed cladding
Iron Rock Offroad 3.5" lift, 15x8 Cragar D Windows, 32" BFG A/T's
Curt trailer hitch, Cobra CB with 4ft RS antenna[/B][/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/black-beast-95-zj-build-922921/"][B][SIZE="3"][B]My build Thread[/B][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[SIZE="2"]Black Jeep Society
Christian Jeep Owners #37[/SIZE][/CENTER]
BlackbeastZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

Damn good looking ZJ man.
USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

that thing is pretty clean man, good work.

A 2'' Budget boost with bilstien shocks would be awesome. And a set of moab wheels off of a TJ. That would be a sweet looking ride.

Whidbey4x4.com
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
WCHLVR
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastZJ View Post
...On a side note, you won't be able to fit the 17" Moabs without adapters, since they have a 5" bolt pattern, the stock ZJ setup is 4.5". 16" Moabs would work though.
I love learning new stuffs. Thanks for the heads up!
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
WCHLVR
1997 ZJ 

Thanks for all the props folks. I am very pleased to be back in the Jeep scene. And for those that read this... you should be very proud of your forum, it is one of the nicest I have been to.
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #11
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Nice jeep, and jealous of the nice suburbia in portland, always wanted to live there
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
WCHLVR
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ5point2GCL View Post
... jealous of the nice suburbia in portland, always wanted to live there
Too funny... My wife and I cant wait to move back out to the country.
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCHLVR View Post
Too funny... My wife and I cant wait to move back out to the country.
o yea, i ve got family in portland or i guess just out side, in the country on an acreage, but its more the living in portland i am jealous of, i hate suburbia in calgary, too many bluetooths and cheap beamers
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #14
Greengc4x4
1998 ZJ 

Love the color! Very clean. Here is a pic to give you an idea of what your Jeep would look like with a 2" lift in the front, a 1" lift in the rear and 30.5 tires on the 16" Moabs

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...0224091536.jpg
Greengc4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #15
WCHLVR
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ5point2GCL View Post
... i hate suburbia in calgary, too many bluetooths and cheap beamers
When was the last time you were down here? You just described northwest portland to the letter. Over the past 10 years its all went down hill.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.