Project Yeti, Abominable WJ - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project Yeti, Abominable WJ

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 05-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #106
Jeep32
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaperonin View Post
Flood equals mud... I welcome the challenge

*edit*

Very nice WJ! Theres a nice white WJ a block away from my old work that every time I drive past it I wish I could have found one.

Unread 05-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #107
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah but floods also cause washouts that you cant see when water is still up,back in '83 i had a 77 K5 blazer sitting on 38in. monster mudders and lockers front and rear,driving down flooded road next to river and hit a washout and nearly lost my truck,hammered her pretty hard in reverse and got out but VERY scary,i stuck to muddy trails after that and stayed away from high water
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #108
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

As long as the flood isn't in my basement... I live 5 houses of off a street that was a river during Utah's floods of 1983. We have more snow this year than that year, but our infrastructure has improved.

The melting snow has already closed/washed away the road leading to my favorite trails.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 05:33 AM   #109
mattilacken
2007 WK 

Awesome rig! love it in white! =)
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #110
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Thanks.

Has anyone else with three links noticed an axle rotation when they flex? When stuff the passenger side, the axle is rotated forward and my bump stop contacts the bump stop pad on a pretty decent angle. Almost half of the bump stop pad is behind the pad that it contacts, and it does not come anywhere close to contacting it at a flat angle.

I may end up building a forth link(mounted inboard and as long as the lower to prevent binding) to see if this helps. I am not worried about loosing articulation, I will droop so far that my spring retainers see good use.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 05-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #111
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

I havent flexed mine out yet but this was a concern of mine when i installed it,keep me informed bout what you do.
Unread 05-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #112
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I moved the axle back about 1/2 inch this weekend. I couldn't go any further back as I turned the joints all the way into the arms. Even without hammering the pinch seams over, I have an inch of clearance. I will have to go flex it out again to see how much I have to trim. With other lift kits, you may be able to adjust the arms back further. But these RK arms are pretty long even on the shortest adjustment.

Unread 05-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #113
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

It was a busy day with the Jeep. I pulled the tranny pan (always a mess) and removed both the filters. I haven't changed the fluid since I bought the WJ with 84K on it, it now has 118K. I was happy to see that there was very little metal on the magnet.

I dropped the valve body and went to install the Transgo Reprogramming Kit.

Overall, installing the kit was fairly easy. But when I got to the #2 springs...

the inner spring was in multiple pieces. Luckily that is one of the springs that gets replaced with the transgo kit, because not all of them do.

After the trans was back together (I laid the gasket on the pan and pushed all of the bolts through the gasket. All but 2 stayed in place. I read that another user did this, great idea. It keeps the gasket spaced right, and really helps you re-install the pan quickly.

It shifts much better, quicker at full throttle. I didn't install the resistor to up the line pressure though as I will likely be getting a programmer in the next few days.

After that I moved onto the oil sending unit. It was acting funny again in Moab during EJS. I installed a new Mopar unit just over a year ago. I can't believe it was bad already. Sure enough, the electric plug was full of oil so the unit must be bad. I cleaned the connector with brake parts cleaner and ear swabs, put another new Mopar unit it, and plugged it back in.

Next I pulled out the grinder and the mini sledge. I trimmed about 1inch more off of the bumper and hammered on the metal underneath. It is raining like crazy again, so I will have to wait to go flex and see if I trimmed enough.

Unread 05-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #114
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Well, the trimming is done! I ran a few lines to see how it felt disconnected, and everything clears (barely). On another run, I stopped and turned the tires in and out with each side flexed, I now feel like I can disco when needed.

Unread 05-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #115
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

I saw this on FB before here haha. That's some gorgeous flex though. Can't wait to see Moab pics in a couple of weeks!
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 01:07 AM   #116
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Probably my favorite WJ

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #117
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
Probably my favorite WJ
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaViiK View Post
I saw this on FB before here haha. That's some gorgeous flex though. Can't wait to see Moab pics in a couple of weeks!
I will take a TON of pics.

Unread 06-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #118
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Well...it was time for a few more ponies:

Unread 06-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #119
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

do u mind if I use that while im in moab
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #120
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
Well...it was time for a few more ponies:

Your lucky,us 6 cyl. guys are always wishing for more power HAHA!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.