Project Yeti, Abominable WJ - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project Yeti, Abominable WJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 04-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #91
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

tis the season to be doing fuel filters it seems.... Im thinkin of doin mine but the thing looks brand new... hard to tell really

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #92
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfjeeper View Post
Thinking bout just going for it and plan a Moab trip next year to EJS,gas prices or not,got my Moab trail maps out and studying them tonight after work,trying to talk some friends into helping plan and go but most dont want to trailer so far,i will have to drive mine since i sold my tow rig,i've been wanting to do this for so long but just finally getting enough vac. time from work to be able to go,if my old factory would not have closed doors 5 years ago i would have already have done this,it sucks losing 4 and 1/2 weeks vac. time.
4 1/2 weeks????? Wow, that is crazy. I wish I had that much. Let me know if you make it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
tis the season to be doing fuel filters it seems.... Im thinkin of doin mine but the thing looks brand new... hard to tell really
Mine looked fine on the outside, but was terrible inside. At 117k, it was time. In fact, it had the numbers 06 99 next to the chrysler symbol. This must confirm that it was factory.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #93
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

We went down to Moab for some wheeling this weekend. I had to test the flex and trim a bit more the night before we left:

I spoke briefly with the owner of the trailready rig on the way down, he was headed home. We stopped at the same gas station:

We arrived Friday, set up camp, and headed for the hills. We ran Top of the World. I met Moab4Life at the trailhead, and we wheeled with him. He was a great spotter, and it gave me a chance to test a few things out on the Jeep.

I had some issues with the oil pressure gauge, it looks like my sending unit is going out again... I have a clicking that is more pronounced in 4 lo than in high range. I need to chase that down before GSW.

The top third of the trail is where the fun wheeling was at, below that it was fairly tame. The view from up top was great.

We also did some hiking in Arches before heading home today.

*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 04-25-2011, 01:51 AM   #94
Reaperonin
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet jeep man.. Awesome build. Gold star man.
33" 12.5 15 WC MT's_ 32" 10.5 15 BF MT's
Reaperonin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #95
patrick983
2000 WJ 

awesome pics buddy
Unread 04-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #96
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Dude sweet pics especially that second to last one that's an epic backdrop. Can you sayyy Facebook profile pic?! Lol. Looks like you and her had a good time.

And my friends give me crap for sportin the mudflaps glad to see I'm not the only white wj that has em on every once in a while!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #97
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Dude sweet pics especially that second to last one that's an epic backdrop. Can you sayyy Facebook profile pic?! Lol. Looks like you and her had a good time.

And my friends give me crap for sportin the mudflaps glad to see I'm not the only white wj that has em on every once in a while!
Too funny. I actually posted that as my FB profile pic last night
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...?id=1158213762
Mention you are from JF.

Running the mud flaps keeps the sirens out of the rear view. I was pulled over for it twice (both times after ripping them off wheeling). I will make some quick disconnect mud flaps when I build a rear bumper. White Dubs with mud flaps FTW.

Unread 04-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #98
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks like a great wheeling trip,have you heard how many rigs showed up for EJS this year?
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #99
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I don't know how many where there, but the town was packed with lifted rigs.

Unread 04-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #100
smunns

Yeah, it was packed, but I think I only saw maybe 2 other lifted WJ's.
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #101
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I did a bit of wheeling today, I need to trim a bit more for sure... I may move my front axle back about 1/2 inch as well to help with this, I have plenty of room and haven't even hammered my pinch seams over.

Need to trim:

Unread 05-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #102
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Your wheelin' pics are always so impressive. Where were you at?

I'd hate to have to trim that bumper though. Do you think pulling the axle back a bit will make it so that you won't have to? I guess fiberglass is easier than steel at least. But it's such a nice bumper.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:43 AM   #103
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Thanks - I am about 10 minutes north of Salt Lake City, about 4 hours from Moab. These pics were taken at the start of the trails just above our city. Skyline is closed right now though, the water washed away the road this winter. We are all worried about flooding over the next few days, we had over 175% of normal snow levels this year. My favorite wheeling trails will be under slush until mid/late July this year.

I will still likely trim a sliver (about 3/4 inch at the widest point) of the bumper even with moving the axle back. It isn't a big deal, fiberglass is very easy to work with. I had already trimmed a bit, it just needs a hair more.

Unread 05-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #104
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like everybody is getting hammered by floods this year,guess it could be worse,could live next to Mississippi river and have Army Corp Of Engineers blow up levees and flood you out.
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #105
Reaperonin
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Flood equals mud... I welcome the challenge
33" 12.5 15 WC MT's_ 32" 10.5 15 BF MT's
Reaperonin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.