Project Yeti, Abominable WJ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project Yeti, Abominable WJ

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #31
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I will have to check, not sure about the RPM's. I can tell you that it is very comfortable, not high at all. I ran 35's with 3.73's for a few years before changing the gears. It would just idle down the freeway, but would have to downshift for the slightest incline.

*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #32
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
With a white ZJ it looks really nice..
lol jk it was probably a typo

I really like your wj iroc, serves as a point of motivation for my WJ. I really love that picture in the lake I would have been afraid off getting stuck out there, did you leak any water to the interior lol?

Anyways, sick Jeep man I hope my WJ looks like it some day. I'll probably need at least 3.73 axles and a V8 before it can do much lol

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #33
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I didn't get any water into the interior, it was right at the bottom of the doors though. The small waves were cresting a bit above the door bottom. I still launch the Jet Ski's this way, but not the boat anymore. My wife's family sold it and bought a larger boat. It is a bit heavy, and I don't want to get stuck.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 12-05-2010, 02:07 AM   #34
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

I never you knew you had a build thread! Haha

Dude, your build and rig is soooo clean... very nice job, man. When are you planning to do a tank tuck? I saw the link for the kit... pretty cool set up! Lemme know if you'd like some help

Btw, you definitely need to roll w/ us when we have another UJC/ Dub Club outing!
Unread 12-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #35
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I hope that the tank tuck kit will ship soon so that I can get it installed before the end of the year.

My schedule has been terrible, and has not allowed for me to get out to the events...like last night. However, I see that some of the UJC peeps want to hit up the Little Sahara for some sand wheeling in January. This would be a blast, and I am going to keep my calendar clear. It would be a blast.

Most of all, I want to see some of the other dubs. I think there is a lot I can learn from you guys, this thing is still in project stage. I haven't really done any major wheeling with the WJ yet, and I sold my ZJ a while back now. It's a good thing I have some wheeling experts that I can learn from. I just watched a video last night that John had posted, an AmF Canyon run from a while back.

Unread 12-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #36
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

can one do the tank raise without welding? I've got a saw-zall... once I upsize tires enough that the spare wont fit in the well i'm doing the tank raise. I love being able to see the rear diff on a WJ and knowing the tank wont hang up, cept I dont have anything special to show off down there lol.

ps isnt $475 before shipping a little steep for a skid plate essentially?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 12-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #37
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

If you want to re-use your factory skid, you cannot do this without cutting and welding. With this kit, you could use use a body panel adhesive to bond the through the frame piece, but I recommend welding it as it is a structural section.

With Jeep parts, I have found that we pay for the convenience. The price they charge has to allow for a profit when the designer makes a custom part that will only be used on a limited number of vehicles. Buying the skid, I will not have to cut the old tank skid apart, slice out 6-8 inches, and weld it back together. I had a friend that used my LA kit as a template, and measured it all out. He built his own LA kit that works great. But for the number of hours he was into it, and always waiting for one last part (and jeep downtime), it just didn't seem worth it to me.

The skid will come already powder coated as well. So this should be a Saturday afternoon project for me, nothing too hard. You can do it cheaper, but I figure this will be easier and it will look cool. The skid is going to be stronger than the factory one I have on there right now.

Unread 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #38
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
can one do the tank raise without welding? I've got a saw-zall... once I upsize tires enough that the spare wont fit in the well i'm doing the tank raise. I love being able to see the rear diff on a WJ and knowing the tank wont hang up, cept I dont have anything special to show off down there lol.

ps isnt $475 before shipping a little steep for a skid plate essentially?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
If you want to re-use your factory skid, you cannot do this without cutting and welding. With this kit, you could use use a body panel adhesive to bond the through the frame piece, but I recommend welding it as it is a structural section.
If you look at my build thread, I have also done a tank tuck w/ the exception that I did not weld anything. I used nutserts to mount everything in place. Had I some extra $ at the time, I would definitely go w/ this kit... Looks absolutely solid!
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #39
patrick983
2000 WJ 

I looked at this tank kit, as well as Bad Syndicate, looks like some promising stuff. im really surprised no one else has come up with a tank tuck kit before. i must say, fabricating a new/beefier skid is a great idea, so well done to the designers of this kit. im a little on the fence about the price, but theyve designed a nice piece here. ive got a spare skid/tank holder i was going to use for my tank lift but now im thinking fabbing up my own beefy one like this may be worth the effort, thats going to look awesome on ur jeep
Unread 12-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #40
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

When I get it, I will create a how to thread and show details of the install and product so others can see how it looks and if they want to buy it.

Unread 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #41
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I finally found the "shore" view. It is from an angle, but shows how far out I had to back in to launch the boat.

Unread 12-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #42
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

thats awesome lol

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #43
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thats friggin awesome. I wish I lived on fresh water, I would never do this in the ocean LOL

Matt
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #44
Irish_Assassin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice
COLORADO JEEP CLUB #133
www.militaryjeepers.com
Irish_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #45
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I just spammed all of my Jeep friends' facebook walls with that picture lol! Its crazy how similar your WJ looked to mine (minus the lift and awesome tires haha)

Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.