Project Yeti, Abominable WJ - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project Yeti, Abominable WJ

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #241
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

We'll do some night wheeling for sure! I am going to try and get my rock lights wired to the switch before then as well, hopefully I have a couple of nights free this week. Both of the interior switches are wired, and the relays are under the hood. But I do not yet have the wires run from the LED rock lights to the relays under the hood. With the interior switches done though, the hard part is taken care of.

*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #242
patrick983
2000 WJ 

nice install. lights look great and wow they are bright. i like where you mounted them, not too high. switches look clean too, ive got my efan switch mounted there, you're right its a great place for switches, on both sides.
Unread 10-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #243
CrawlerReady
1995 ZJ 

Looks great Will!

Tyler Andersen - Utah Jeep Crew #22
CrawlerReady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #244
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Thanks Tyler,I have wanted them ever since I first saw them on your ZJ.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 10-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #245
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

Great work Will. Keep it up.
Utah JeepCrew #39 | Club Matt #1
December '11 GCOTM | Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/life-times-979511/
00JGC00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #246
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

holy crap thats bright!!
how did you order them from crawlerready? their website is done when i went looking

dub looks good mannn!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #247
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

He is having his site re-worked, but I had his number because he is in Utah. He posted just a few posts above, you can PM him or hit him up on Facebook if you need anything. Thanks for the compliments.

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #248
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Bummers, his PM box is full, lol.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #249
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Jeeps lookin great, keep up the good work! Everytime I read your thread name it makes me wish I had a cool name for my WJ.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #250
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
Bummers, his PM box is full, lol.
Hit him up on Facebook, there is a page for Crawler Ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Jeeps lookin great, keep up the good work! Everytime I read your thread name it makes me wish I had a cool name for my WJ.
Whatever you eventually choose, I suggest AGAINST the name snow bunny. That is the name my wife originally started to call our Jeep, so I had to immediatly come up with a cool name.

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #251
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
Whatever you eventually choose, I suggest AGAINST the name snow bunny. That is the name my wife originally started to call our Jeep, so I had to immediatly come up with a cool name.
Project Abominable Snow Bunny?

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #252
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Yeah, it doesn't have the same tone does it...haha.

Unread 10-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #253
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Today was not a fun day working on the Jeep...

If you don't have a bottle of anti seize, buy one. I love the stuff, and wish that everyone would use it. It is now obvious that the guys that installed the RK shocks on my Jeep didn't use any. I fought with the bolts on the drivers side, I had to use a 1/2 inch socket set and breaker bar to get the bolts out. That is ridiculous for a 15mm bolt.

Have you ever had that sinking feeling...a bolt wont budge, then it suddenly becomes very easy to turn? Then, snap... bolt breaks. My bolt broke with about 1/3 of an inch of threads sticking out of the unibody. That thing was stuck.

I heated the nut with a torch to red and using vice grips, no go.

After struggling with it, I decided to call my expert mechanic (little brother). I ran it over to the shop, and welded on a large nut. I tried this three times, and each time the nut broke.

Then my bro welded on another bolt, and we tried to pull it that way after heating the nut to cherry red again. The bolt broke off. So as I was about to give up and just cut the thing off and make a new nut and bracket, we tried one more thing. We pushed a bolt through the outer bracket, slipped a large nut over it, and then pushed the nut out of the way. We welded the bolt to the snapped bolt. Then we slid the nut over to the weld, and welded a tone of material on the metal in between the nut and the broken bolt section. Then we heated the nut to cherry red again, I used an open ended wrench on the inner nut we welded into place, and my bro used a ratchet wrench on the bolt end, and it came out!!!!

Then I had to cut the bolt up to get it out:

Old vs New. I still need to do the front shocks when they get in (still on back order).

The old shocks were in toast. CLICK ON THE PHOTO BELOW to see the video:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid183.photobucket.co m%2Falbums%2Fx10%2F85IrocZ-28%2FJeep%2FVIDEO0022.mp4">

Unread 10-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #254
tody009
1994 ZJ 

yeah id say thats blown out and props for getting that bolt out man. "now thats thinking with your dipstick Jimmy!"
1994 ZJ 4x4 with 5.2 and 46rh, 249, k&n cold air, mike leach headers, msd iginition, flowmaster 50, taurus e-fan, rancho 3" lift, bfg 31", ARB bumper, warn m8000, ipf lights, custom sliders, don-a-vee tire carrier, custom drawers in the back
tody009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #255
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tody009 View Post
"now thats thinking with your dipstick Jimmy!"
LMAO!!

good job on the quick thinking mang!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.