Project: War Wagon - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project: War Wagon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #121
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

Yeap :-) Haha the quarter panel armor is the same thickness as my front bumper

lemme know if you need pics of my mounting plates inside the quarter panel. It can get tricky cause of the bends on the inside of the panel.

[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #122
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, So i have a leaking right(passenger) wheel seal.
I hunted around for about an hour today and finally after going to the better of the three parts stores in town i got the number:

For the Moog p/n: 710068. This is good for the disconnect housing with 1 piece shafts.
The price was 16.99

Than the axle seal for the rear 8.8 axle seal is: 8835s These numbers will be good at most decent parts stores.

Figured it may save someone some time by having the number at their finger tips.

Whidbey4x4.com
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #123
Dillonzj
1998 ZJ 

those bumpers look sick man! Sweet Jeep!

Crane Cam shaft and Crane, Roller Rockers, bored .030 over, edelbrock performer heads, M1 Intake manifold, Fasstman throttle body, magnacore wires, platinum plugs, K&N FIPK, dough thorley headers,3" high flow cat, 3" magnaflow mandrel bent exhaust, SCT tuned

***future mods -5.5 IRO LA - KOR sliders -KOR roof rack -

SOLD-
95' JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED
188k 5.2L v8 White 98 ZJ rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmd454 View Post
...we all know they empty our pockets...yet they fill our hearts...

MY BUILD THREAD
Dillonzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #124
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillonzj View Post
those bumpers look sick man! Sweet Jeep!
Thanks man Appreciate it.

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 08-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #125
98BlackZJ
1998 ZJ 

Jeep looks good, definately one of my favorite builds on here. Looking forward to the quarter armor, its something I've considered as I have a very similar dent above my fuel door.
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #126
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well it's been a few weeks but i got another little tinkering project that i tackled.

Electric fan upgrade:
I grabbed a single speed taurus fan from the JY for 5Bones. I thought it was a 2 speed, but that's what i got. After reading around i decided to try it with the single speed fan, since most guys rarely if EVER get up to use the 2nd speed on the fan.
what i found is that the single fan is 5.5'' deep and a 15'' blade. The one i grabbed has a good fairing on it so i cut the ears off to make it 21'' on the outside.

For a wiring harness I went to the local VATOzone and they had to versions of a wiring harness for an electric fan. One fixed temp and an adjustable. for around 35$ i got the adjustable. the wiring is setup for a 2 fan setup. I only needed the one setup so that is all self explanatory. The wiring of this thing is stupid simple. Spelled out in the instructions included.
This looks really close, But it's not. Has about 1.5'' of clearance.

After a quick test this thing works really well. It took awhile to tune the controller to turn right on at 200. After a couple of hours of tinkering with it i got it right on. Driving in traffic and out on the highway it's perfect. It's pretty cool to hear it turn on and off while at idle to maintain that 200 degree operating temp. I was not expecting the power gain i got when i did this swap, but the seat of your pants feel is awesome, maybe i'll gain a few MPG's I will post up how it works long term.

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 08-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #127
cleanslate
1996 ZJ 

Is there a particular year/years to look for when getting a fan out of a taurus? Are there any other electric fans that will work in a zj? I'm considering doing the same thing for mine, but I would love to know if there are any particulars about it or if there any other fans that will work.
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #128
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think it is 88-95 taurus fan.

I used a single speed fan from a taurus with at 3.0.

Also available is a 2 speed fan which would be from the same years except with the 3.8v6.
Most guys prefer the 2 speed fan vs. the single speed just because of the extra insurance. I did not think it was nec. and it's a pain to wire. the single speed fan is simple and easy to get a wiring kit.

I'm sure there are other options out there but these things fit like a glove really. I am super impressed with the single speed one. I was bombing up a long stupid steep grade today to the mtn top and didn't even flinch past 195. I was impressed. It's like a mile long grade too.

hope that helps

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 08-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #129
cleanslate
1996 ZJ 

Thanks for the info. Right now mine is my dd/project. So if I can get an e-fan and free up a few mpg's, that would be awesome. I just put a cherry bomb about a week and a half ago and actually lost about 2mpg's from what I had been getting. Maybe a fan swap will give em back.
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #130
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

i really like it man. great work
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #131
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKzj52 View Post
i really like it man. great work
Thanks, I haven't had a bunch of time lately to sink into it. But looking forward to the next three weeks, Wheeling trip planned each weekend.

Changed diff fluid last night to inspect after gear intall. Wear pattern looked right on and there was almost no metal shavings on magnet.

Still need to replace the front axle seals and change oil, (do basic maint)

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 08-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #132
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You have my vote. and If I make it out to Washington as part of a possible work transfer I want to wheel with you. Nice Jeep Bro!
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #133
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
You have my vote. and If I make it out to Washington as part of a possible work transfer I want to wheel with you. Nice Jeep Bro!
Thanks man, the voting is rough. I need a cleaner rig.....

Are you Mil? Hopefully you get that transfer out here, it's great location lots to see and do.

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #134
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

Nice rig man! I'm jealous that you have an ARB locker!

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #135
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i dig the ARB, It is nice to have alot of control on these twisty trails. I actually really dig the Detroit rear. Solid traction over all kinds of surfaces, no remembering switches or anything.

Now to get the Long arm's built. What bumpstops do you use with your 35's and the 7'' kit?

Whidbey4x4.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.