Project: War Wagon - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project: War Wagon

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #151
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I get it!
I too utilize my ZJ to its fullest potential. I also know the capability's of a fully locked ZJ and to be honest, I love it when I gets those Serious Wrangler guys to turn there head with a big WTF surprised look because I am out wheeling them if there not skilled and fully locked.
I also want to add that I am running the stock ZJ D30 with gears and locker of course. and the sooner you replace the CV axles with some good U-joints the better. I would just pull them at a JY and buy some new Spicer U-Joints. bucause I know that my CV axles did not fair well with a locker up front.

Again, Big fan! Love the pics and video and I like your style. way to represent the ZJ!

sadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #152
PaLftr
1997 ZJ 

Why'd I watch that Masterpull video...If only my 4.0 could make that noise. lol

You're doing a lot of wheeling man!
Unread 09-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #153
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
I get it!
I too utilize my ZJ to its fullest potential. I also know the capability's of a fully locked ZJ and to be honest, I love it when I gets those Serious Wrangler guys to turn there head with a big WTF surprised look because I am out wheeling them if there not skilled and fully locked.
I also want to add that I am running the stock ZJ D30 with gears and locker of course. and the sooner you replace the CV axles with some good U-joints the better. I would just pull them at a JY and buy some new Spicer U-Joints. bucause I know that my CV axles did not fair well with a locker up front.

Again, Big fan! Love the pics and video and I like your style. way to represent the ZJ!
I appreciate it. This rig continues to impress me and everyone. Over 200 miles each way and this thing ran like a champ. 600 miles in the weekend.
I replaced my shafts with 297 shafts that i was carrying as spares. I need to replace a axle seal now but it's not a huge deal.

Hopefully someday we will be able to go run together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLftr View Post
Why'd I watch that Masterpull video...If only my 4.0 could make that noise. lol

You're doing a lot of wheeling man!
The 360 in the MP ZJ is just the crust of that thing. Full spider 9 axles, atlas tcase, Iceland protection/flairs. It just runs awesome.

Yeah my wheeling will probably taper off for a month or so, I have a few projects to lay out for the rig.

thanks again guys

Whidbey4x4.com
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #154
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

New sliders, Rocker cutout style.

Hey guys, Been busy tinkering around with the ZJ, I Took a couple weeks off after some pretty intense traveling/wheeling on the truck.

After some contemplation and about 1000 ideas later I decided to do something different on the Sliders. I had made basic sliders that imitated KOR design by using 2'' 3/16'', these have been put through their paces and served me pretty well.

These are my own variation of the Iceland off road sliders. Iceland's are bolt on, don't cover the fender and leave a little to be desired for protection. They look good but i just don't see them on rigs that get beaten on.

These are also weld on. Welding these on is a pain, I consider myself a decent welder and these things are throwing me for a loop.

Measurement differences were 19.5 driverside w/ old slider and 22.5 new rocker sliderd. That's 3''!! pretty good and didn't loose any distance from my chassis so i can still pivot through the tree's and rocks up here in the PNW.

Pictures:

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #155
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

I like it! You can definitely tell the clearance you get just from looking at it from the side. Is it just connected by the top welds and im assuming the bottom too? Or are there posts that go back to the unobody as well.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #156
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rear quarter protection ZJ

So i posted up a few pictures of the Passenger side, but since have cut a left side.

I love these things They look bad *** and should perform awesome.

I have cut a few sets out so they may be up for sale soon.

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #157
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
I like it! You can definitely tell the clearance you get just from looking at it from the side. Is it just connected by the top welds and im assuming the bottom too? Or are there posts that go back to the unobody as well.
It will be welded by the bottom also. I ran out of welding wire as i was pluggin away at the top. I don't think rear support will be necassary since these butt up against the pinch seam and where i welded it is a multiple bend location adding strength.

Thanks for Diggin them

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 09-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #158
98BlackZJ
1998 ZJ 

Work looks great as usual. I'll be following this thread since rear quarter protection is on my list of winter projects, can't wait to see them finished
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #159
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

your new sliders still work well with a highlift, it almost looks like the jack could slide out easily depending how off camber you are.
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #160
Everlast2004
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good bro! Good work as always! Wish I could wheel with you again before I leave, but I am outta here Thursday. If you are ever around Ft Leonard Wood, shoot me a pm and we will hit Flat Nasty.
Everlast2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #161
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep-ZJ_97 View Post
Work looks great as usual. I'll be following this thread since rear quarter protection is on my list of winter projects, can't wait to see them finished
Got a few pictures of them on, It's been raining so not alot of time to finish but you'll get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjzach View Post
your new sliders still work well with a highlift, it almost looks like the jack could slide out easily depending how off camber you are.
I think that They will work fine, what i plan on doing is welding on a ribbing on the bottom of front and rear so i can not slide off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlast2004 View Post
Looks good bro! Good work as always! Wish I could wheel with you again before I leave, but I am outta here Thursday. If you are ever around Ft Leonard Wood, shoot me a pm and we will hit Flat Nasty.
If i ever get there i will let you know, thanks for teh compliments

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 09-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #162
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So here it is mounted with stainless steel hardware. They look really good, i have slowed way down by the weather but the other side is almost done too just didn't get a photo with the phone.

Let me know what you think.

Whidbey4x4.com
Unread 09-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #163
CostcoPizza
Fresh Baked

1998 ZJ 

Looks great.
CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #164
trailkingzj
1995 ZJ 

i like it. also, will the new sliders hold up structurally? i didn't see any tie ins to the frame..
Unread 09-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #165
98BlackZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
Looks great.
x2

What is on the backside of the bolts?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.